Page 38 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

People were serious about thinking Lois looks like a dude because she has short hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    People were serious about thinking Lois looks like a dude because she has short hair?
    Apparently, yeah. I don't get it either - plenty of irl girls and women have short hair, and I never had trouble knowing their gender. Guess some old biases are hard to shake.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    I think Jimmy is black to bring more diversity and Lois doesn't seem to be white But clark is white
    , I really like that, But i miss lois's purple eyes
    Purple Eyes for Lois is the biggest fault here. She could always grow her hair out in a later season if they wanted a more traditional look for her, but outside of her wearing colored contact lenses to blend in so she's not immediately made when scooping out a story, her most defining visual trait is gone.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Man I’m bummed we have to wait a whole year! Still excited however. Their take on Metropolis doesn’t look “retrofuture” like other Metropolis takes including the Tomorrowverse do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

She looks boyish to me compared to other animated Lois's, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Purple Eyes for Lois is the biggest fault here. She could always grow her hair out in a later season if they wanted a more traditional look for her, but outside of her wearing colored contact lenses to blend in so she's not immediately made when scooping out a story, her most defining visual trait is gone.
    I'd like to see her at least wear multiple outfits in the first season...I don't know if she'll get to the cosplay levels of some of the live-action Lois's .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well looks like that’s changed: https://twitter.com/thecartooncrave/...078076422?s=21

Now they’re both coming in 2023
    Come the f*CK on. Really???

Also Lois just looks like a adult version if the girl from the Owl House

This happens everytime a female character is portrayed with short hair and it's very tiring. Short isn't even a new hairstyle among women nor does it make them look masculine.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Also 2023?!?!?!?!?!? TWO THOUSAND TWENTY THREEEEEEEEEEE!

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Covid must have delayed production. Still hurts. Dispenser of Truth had a funny analysis on Twitter that the way the media is treats MAWS and TCC reminds him of how they treated the initial announcements of All-Star Batman & Robin vs. All-Star Superman. ASBAR gets all the press while MAWS kind of sits off to the side barely getting any attention. The CBR article from back then is hilarious in retrospect but I sadly don’t think we’ll see that replicated here other than Superman ending up being the better of the two. Timm is horny but not insane. Least I don’t think so
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Covid must have delayed production. Still hurts. Dispenser of Truth had a funny analysis on Twitter that the way the media is treats MAWS and TCC reminds him of how they treated the initial announcements of All-Star Batman & Robin vs. All-Star Superman. ASBAR gets all the press while MAWS kind of sits off to the side barely getting any attention. The CBR article from back then is hilarious in retrospect but I sadly don’t think we’ll see that replicated here other than Superman ending up being the better of the two. Timm is horny but not insane. Least I don’t think so
    You act like those are one or other options for Timm.

The best thing he said is that TCC is set in a world with no other heroes. He can live out his horny fantasies through his self-insert without devoting an entire crossover to putting Bruce and Lois together lmao.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

And just like that you're off my gift list this year.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I still maintain the Bruce x Babs thing wasn't the problem with that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I still maintain the Bruce x Babs thing wasn't the problem with that movie.
    It’s the biggest sin but not the only one. The VA sucked as well. Conroy was phoning it in and Hamill’s age was really starting to show in his voice. Plus without the psychedelic coloring of the original KJ art the story is just ok and they didn’t have the budget to replicate it. But the movie was the first huge miss Timm had when it came to Batman that I saw. That’s when I started to think it was time for a new Gen to take over handling Batman.

Glad Superman at least is in new hands.