Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    No trailer yet. Nor do I think we're getting one for at least a year.
    Probably not until Fandome 2022 given the show has been pushed back to 2023
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the original seasons of BTAS were the best (despite some early growing pains) precisely because Timm didn't have full control and it was balanced with other creators with different sensibilities.

TNBA and especially Beyond are still great cartoons, but IMO some of the heart and soul started to gradually seep out them as Timm seemed to shift things to how he wanted them. DCAU Bats was always better than his comic counterpart at the time (really low bar), but I'd say Timm really can't be trusted with any of the Trinity. He flat out just does not get Clark and Diana, and loves Bruce's darker side too much to the character's detriment.
    I too preferred the earlier seasons because I loved the character designs particularly Catwoman. The later versions were more abstract perhaps is the word I'm looking for.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    I too preferred the earlier seasons because I loved the character designs particularly Catwoman. The later versions were more abstract perhaps is the word I'm looking for.
    What sucks is that "Cult of the Cat" is probably the single best episode starring Selina writing wise (the "Chase Me" short is best DCAU Catwoman installment though), and it's let down by that weird ass design of hers. I think the Penguin and the Scarecrow were the only straight up improvements.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Hype levels just went through the roof because I'm pretty sure that this is Studio Mir's house style and a Superman series from them has LITERALLY BEEN MY DREAM SUPERMAN PROJECT!!! If this is anything close to Korra or Voltron we'll get something really special. I thought they delivered the best animated Superman action scenes in Death of Superman (2018) and now we'll get a whole show of that. If you want to make Superman look cool, these are your guys. Hopefully the quality remains high and not like the first promo image we got.

Can't believe we have to wait until 2023 though...bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Hype levels just went through the roof because I'm pretty sure that this is Studio Mir's house style and a Superman series from them has LITERALLY BEEN MY DREAM SUPERMAN PROJECT!!! If this is anything close to Korra or Voltron we'll get something really special. I thought they delivered the best animated Superman action scenes in Death of Superman (2018) and now we'll get a whole show of that. If you want to make Superman look cool, these are your guys. Hopefully the quality remains high and not like the first promo image we got.

Can't believe we have to wait until 2023 though...bummer...
    Nice they did Death of Superman? Yeah that was definitely some of the best Superman fight scenes outside of Snyder. They’re handling Young Justice so I don’t think it would be a surprise if they were involved with the Superman and Batman cartoons as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This show looks SO GOOD right now.

Now I'm itching for a Flash show done in this style.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This show looks SO GOOD right now.

Now I'm itching for a Flash show done in this style.
    That would be pretty awesome .

I think a Spider-Man show in this vein would be popular too (especially after the Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane comic).

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nice they did Death of Superman? Yeah that was definitely some of the best Superman fight scenes outside of Snyder. They’re handling Young Justice so I don’t think it would be a surprise if they were involved with the Superman and Batman cartoons as well.
    Yeah, the fight scenes are great.

This video has 11 million+ views and the other parts have several million views as well, so you know people love it. Superman + sakuga is a winning formula imo

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Yeah, the fight scenes are great.

This video has 11 million+ views and the other parts have several million views as well, so you know people love it. Superman + sakuga is a winning formula imo
    We rarely get to see Superman just go all out with his powers against someone who can dish it back just as powerfully. Hope there’s more cool scenes like that in here. If Mir is handling the animation I wonder if we’ve been underestimating how much action there’s going to be in this.

The Tucker-verse gets a lot of (some deserved) flack but they had a lot of hype Superman moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People being enthusiastic about working on a Superman cartoon? We’ve come a long way from the DCAU

Hhhmmm. I would differently have to get used to this style but it's not as off putting as that Aquaman show. Regardless though Clark looks good.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

I didn't know Clark knew Brock from pokemon and Eureka from Eureka 7. Making friends outside his circle I see
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Seeing how Spider-Man can’t get a new cartoon set outside high school (or even the MCU now) makes me a lot more grateful about DC being more willing to let MAWS be it’s own thing. No DCAU guys involved even, this gets to be something entirely new.