Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seeing how Spider-Man can’t get a new cartoon set outside high school (or even the MCU now) makes me a lot more grateful about DC being more willing to let MAWS be it’s own thing. No DCAU guys involved even, this gets to be something entirely new.
    Just imagine if the only Superman cartoon we could get was a Cavill cartoon that had to abide by the Snyder aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just imagine if the only Superman cartoon we could get was a Cavill cartoon that had to abide by the Snyder aesthetic.
    That the failure of the DCEU was a mixed blessing in disguise is something I’ve definitely been leaning towards. Everything at Marvel has to conform to the MCU now, whereas DC has more freedom because the films were failures. Superman at least seems to finally be in the hands of people excited to work on him unlike the DCAU and DCEU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is this show expected to release in 2022 or 2023? I'm actually really excited for this show. It has been so long since the last Superman animated series

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Is this show expected to release in 2022 or 2023? I'm actually really excited for this show. It has been so long since the last Superman animated series
    It's releasing 2023.

It's releasing 2023.
    Damn.. well it's already almost 2022 I guess so not that long of a wait

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Damn.. well it's already almost 2022 I guess so not that long of a wait
    I think both this and The Caped Crusader got affected by Covid which is why they got pushed to 2023.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Super- excited for this!

Does anyone know anything about the crew (not the cast) behind this show?

Which animation studio is doing this?

What other projects have they worked on in the past?

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Super- excited for this!

Does anyone know anything about the crew (not the cast) behind this show?

Which animation studio is doing this?

What other projects have they worked on in the past?
    I don't think there's been an announcement on the studio, but from the art style I'm crossing my fingers that it's Studio Mir. They've already been involved with DC projects like Death of Superman (2018), YJ Outsiders, and Batman: Soul of the Dragon, but they're most popularly known for Legend of Korra and Voltron. You can see the rest of their filmography here.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I don't think there's been an announcement on the studio, but from the art style I'm crossing my fingers that it's Studio Mir. They've already been involved with DC projects like Death of Superman (2018), YJ Outsiders, and Batman: Soul of the Dragon, but they're most popularly known for Legend of Korra and Voltron. You can see the rest of their filmography here.
    Brendan Clogher who is one of the producers on MAWS also worked on Voltron and Death of Superman (in addition to a ton of other DC animated movies) so yeah I’m guessing Mir as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think both this and The Caped Crusader got affected by Covid which is why they got pushed to 2023.
    Oh, I guess that makes sense. I was disappointed by the pushback but that's totally reasonable.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Just imagine if we could get Henry Cavill, one of the busiest actors in the world, to take time out of his schedule to do voice work for a cartoon. You may think it sounds like a nightmare, but I just think we would never get that lucky!

Screenshot_20211123-153256_Firefox.jpg

But I at least partially jest. As much as I like the Snyderverse and would love to see Cavill again as Superman, I'm hyped for the distinct new approach MAWS promises!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Heh I’d be fine with him playing Zod. Terrence Stamp played Jor-El on Smallville so it wouldn’t be the first time something like that happened. Cavill would never go for it.

Wearing a Superman shirt to record Superman .

I'm assuming this will probably be 10 episodes like Caped Crusader.

Wearing a Superman shirt to record Superman .

I'm assuming this will probably be 10 episodes like Caped Crusader.
    Seems likely, doubt they’d give more money to a Superman show than they’d give to a Batman one . Doesn’t bother me if it means we get good quality animation that avoids the issues YJ has to deal with.