Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

I'm still eagerly awaiting this show's debut next year!

Does anyone know where there's an updated complete list of the entire cast and crew? What's the official animation studio behind this? Have there been any new stills released?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I'm still eagerly awaiting this show's debut next year!

Does anyone know where there's an updated complete list of the entire cast and crew? What's the official animation studio behind this? Have there been any new stills released?
    We’ve learned of Brainiac’s VA and got some details about his background (seems they’re going with the Kryptonian AI DCAU origin) but otherwise no new cast reveals.

I think Studio MIR is handling the animation? Can’t remember where I saw that.

No new stills unfortunately.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’ve learned of Brainiac’s VA and got some details about his background (seems they’re going with the Kryptonian AI DCAU origin) but otherwise no new cast reveals.

I think Studio MIR is handling the animation? Can’t remember where I saw that.

No new stills unfortunately.
    I think most people assume it's MIR because of the Avatar-esque style.

Extraordinary Member

Now this explicitly doesn’t list MAWS as one of the cancelled projects, but damn if I’m not sweating. Be hilarious if Superman’s cartoon survived and Batman’s didn’t however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Of note, both Reeves and Abrams companies are attached to the project. A ding of sorts? It looks like Timms does not guarantee an automatic green light for a project.

MAWS is already on a different network. It was a Cartoon Network show that would be shared with HBO Max. This Batman one was straight HBO Max. So different financial considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    MAWS is already on a different network. It was a Cartoon Network show that would be shared with HBO Max. This Batman one was straight HBO Max. So different financial considerations.
    They were both supposed to go on CN and HBO Max. If MAWS survives I suspect it will be because it seems further along than TCC was. They had already casted VA and Jack Quaid has already been in the studio recording lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They were both supposed to go on CN and HBO Max. If MAWS survives I suspect it will be because it seems further along than TCC was. They had already casted VA and Jack Quaid has already been in the studio recording lines.
    I thought Batman was going to HBO Max first, guess I remembered it wrong. MAWS does seem safe for now though. There’s no reason they wouldn’t have canceled it along with the Batman one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I thought Batman was going to HBO Max first, guess I remembered it wrong. MAWS does seem safe for now though. There’s no reason they wouldn’t have canceled it along with the Batman one.
    Heh I mean maybe they did and the trades just didn’t bother reporting it? Would be about the level of disrespect Superman usually gets. But if Superman gets to keep his cartoon while Batman’s gets cancelled, I’d consider that a major win.

Another big cancellation for Abrams, another sign he’s on his way out I feel. Reeves is going to be pissed, but I kinda see this as a power move. I think Zaslav is going to try to force him to allow The Batman to get folded in to the DCEU. Clearly Reeves isn’t getting special treatment anymore.

I'm worried about all DC Animation at this point.

Either WBD forgot to inform they cancelled MAWS, like Vordan sugested or the price tag attached to Caped Crusader is more than Zaslav is willing to pay.

CC have Timm and Brubaker, both probably are probably geting a biger pay than most of MAWS team put together, and for what they have been saying the animation will/would be on a completely different level, what would cost more than MAWS simpler style.

This Superman show will not be on HBO Max. Zaslav is taking an ax to all WB animation at the moment. If Batman and Looney Tunes aren't safe, none of them are

I checked Josie Campbell’s Twitter and while she’s retweeted some others who were working on projects that got cancelled, she hasn’t tweeted anything herself or given a sign that MAWS is in trouble too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm worried about all DC Animation at this point.
    If CC ain't safe than those animated films are definitely on the hitlist.