Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Default My Adventures With Superman Animated Series Heading to Adult Swim

A new Superman cartoon with Jack Quaid in the title role is coming to HBOMax with a two-season order.

My Adventures with Superman, with Jack Quaid lending his voice to the titular hero, has landed a two-season order at HBO Max and Cartoon Network.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based on characters from DC, My Adventures with Superman follows the adventures of Superman and Lois Lane. The animated series features twenty-somethings Clark Kent, the bright and driven Lois Lane (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist actress Alice Lee), and their best friend Jimmy Olsen as they begin to discover who they are and everything they can accomplish together as an investigative reporting team at the Daily Planet.

My Adventures with Superman follows Clark as he builds his secret Superman identity and embraces his role as the hero of Metropolis – and perhaps the world. Lois, now growing into a star investigative journalist, takes aspiring photographer Jimmy Olsen under her wing. All the while, Clark and Lois are falling in love, sharing adventures, taking down bad guys, stumbling over secrets, and discovering what it means to be Superman and Lois Lane.

“It’s been a great partnership working with Cartoon Network and HBO Max to bring more DC Super Heroes to the platform in new and creatively interesting ways” said Sam Register, President of Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios. “This is the first animated Superman series in many years and we want to tell our Superman story through the trio of Clark, Lois and Jimmy – whose relationship dynamic will allow for rich, serialized and engaging stories as we explore their lives as individuals and their journey together as friends.”

My Adventures with Superman is produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Sam Register serves as executive producer. Jake Wyatt and Brendan Clogher are on board as co-executive producers and Josie Campbell as co-producer.

Not digging the art style, but I think this could be pretty cool.

Interesting promotional pic, and I'll leave it at that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Art style may take getting used to, but otherwise great news!

Astonishing Member

Looks anime-inspired, for sure, which I think might be a bit of a turn-off to people not into that style. The concept sounds cool and different. I like the concept but I think this looks it could lean on the comedic side, maybe? We”ll see.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

This looks sick.

A new Superman movie in production, a Superman TV show and now a new animated series. Superman's having a renaissance outside of comics.

Lois is voiced by Alice Lee so she might Asian. Jimmy is black. That's more progress for Superman media and representation.

Astonishing Member

A new animation show for Superman and his DP crew is great news by my estimation. We need more Superman stuff period! As for the style, I cannot comment on that since animation isn't really my thing. I hope the show is a success and it goes beyond the ordered number of seasons.

Arrow

Not a fan of the art style (damn, North American animation looks cheap these days) but I'll give the serious a chance.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Yessss! This looks great! I like the animation and the team behind it has put out some really great - and popular - shows. Looks like they are aiming for a younger crowd too, which is excellent. So I'm really excited for this. Voice cast sounds great too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    This looks sick.

A new Superman movie in production, a Superman TV show and now a new animated series. Superman's having a renaissance outside of comics.

Lois is voiced by Alice Lee so she might Asian. Jimmy is black. That's more progress for Superman media and representation.
    Honestly I love it. But not going to lie, just reminds me of American Alien route with the characters to be honest

This looks like a better black Jimmy than Mehcad Brooks on Supergirl, although I'm still wondering how redhead always equals black race-bending...

Lois with short hair is always going to be weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lois with short hair is always going to be weird to me.
    I'm generally a fan of short hair, even the weird short haired version from the Busiek/Pacheo run, so that whole pic works for me.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

This made me realize we haven't seen a Superman animated show since the Bruce Timm one

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm generally a fan of short hair, even the weird short haired version from the Busiek/Pacheo run, so that whole pic works for me.
    Honestly same, it feels natural to be honest

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I did notice Lois's skin tone looks different than Clark's, and with the voice actress it may confirm she is Asian or bi-racial.

It does remind me of American Alien, though that's a fine thing to borrow but otherwise i hope they don't look to Max Landis for ideas lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Honestly same, it feels natural to be honest
    Long hair or bust for me .

Just makes her look like a different character...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    This made me realize we haven't seen a Superman animated show since the Bruce Timm one
    Unless you count the Legion cartoon.