Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

I feel like the tone of Lego Batman would lend itself to a Batman romcom, i.e. a Batman story that didn't take itself too seriously.

I also feel like the mixed reaction to MoS killed the prospects for a grittier take on Superman for animation for the time being. Would also dig a Golden Age/T-shirt & Jeans Superman cartoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, this is a kids cartoon so...no.
    Was kind of clearly a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I feel like the tone of Lego Batman would lend itself to a Batman romcom, i.e. a Batman story that didn't take itself too seriously.

I also feel like the mixed reaction to MoS killed the prospects for a grittier take on Superman for animation for the time being. Would also dig a Golden Age/T-shirt & Jeans Superman cartoon...
    Well, give or take gritty but the stakes in Man of Tomorrow were pretty high. I mean, Parasite killed a few people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Was kind of clearly a joke...
    Sorry .

Incredible Member

I think our greatest hope for something more Golden Age inspired is an animated movie based on Smashes The Klan.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I think our greatest hope for something more Golden Age inspired is an animated movie based on Smashes The Klan.
    I think this show might take some influences from Smashes the Klan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this show might take some influences from Smashes the Klan as well.
    I’m expecting the same as well. Definitely think Atom Man will show up at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Smashes The Klan is becoming a animated movie for certain. It's really good, and possibily the most successful Superman story published in the past years.

Recently I've read It's Superman, it wasn's perfect (Tom De Haven was obviously more interested in write some of the "side" character than Clark), but it's overall a good story, that I could see adapted as a standalone movie.

BANNED

Smashes the klan either serves a storyline for an entire season(Lex Luthor will almost certainly be added into it) or is adapted as the first three episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Smashes The Klan is becoming a animated movie for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Smashes the klan either serves a storyline for an entire season(Lex Luthor will almost certainly be added into it) or is adapted as the first three episodes
    I think we shouldn't jump the gun with making these assumptions - remember, this is WB we're talking about, their ideas for Superman are...not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think we shouldn't jump the gun with making these assumptions - remember, this is WB we're talking about, their ideas for Superman are...not good.
    The animation department is a little better, not much, but better. Will Batman be in the SSTK adaptation? Probably, but they will still make it.

The animation department is a little better, not much, but better. Will Batman be in the SSTK adaptation? Probably, but they will still make it.
    Yang and Gurihiru on Golden Age Batman though...

BANNED

A black(or hopefully white) Batman replacing Henderson would create a **** storm that I want to see before I die

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    A black(or hopefully white) Batman replacing Henderson would create a **** storm that I want to see before I die
    I don't think that would happen.

Find it bizarre that people want Batman to show up in this or in S&L. I wager some of that is owed to the failures of the DCEU killing the chances of the World’s Finest, but it’s not like you’re hurting for chances to see the two of them elsewhere. It’s nice to finally get Superman stuff without Batman in it, and as far as I’m concerned I hope he doesn’t appear in this at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Find it bizarre that people want Batman to show up in this or in S&L. I wager some of that is owed to the failures of the DCEU killing the chances of the World’s Finest, but it’s not like you’re hurting for chances to see the two of them elsewhere. It’s nice to finally get Superman stuff without Batman in it, and as far as I’m concerned I hope he doesn’t appear in this at all.
    I wonder, between this and Caped Crusader, what the chances are for guest heroes.