Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    This looks a lot like a modern Dragon Ball character. Feels like it could be a design for a Kaio-Shin or a God of Destruction.

I dig it though.
    They are definitely drawing on anime for this show lol. Hope that extends to the fight scenes!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They are definitely drawing on anime for this show lol. Hope that extends to the fight scenes!
    There will be fight scenes? It seems like SUperman is going to be mor esecondary than a main characer from the premise.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    There will be fight scenes? It seems like SUperman is going to be mor esecondary than a main characer from the premise.
    Really? From the looks of it he will be a main character, there will just be greater focus on his romance with Lois and friendship with Jimmy.

At least thats what I got from all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Don’t know what premise you’re talking about. Pitch of the show has always been Superman, Lois, and Jimmy going on adventures together. We even got leaks that let us know about some of the villains, and we know for certain that Brainiac is in the show and he’s been cast.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I think the series will be primarily a romantic comedy, Superman and the villains will be secondary.

Another leak I guess. Hot take: I like this Mxy. I like that he’s not just another bald Superman bad guy in a suit, this design is cooler and makes him stand out more. Short of playing up the “imp”/demonic aspect of the character, I’d be cool with the comics drawing on this for Mxy going forward.
    I mean, he's a very Asian take on Mxy, but I feel like that could only really work with this interpretation seemingly being as anime-esque as it is.

Normal Mxy works because he's so cartoonish.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

You know, the one anime i feel a superman take should really take influences from wouldn't be used.. that's one piece.Ghibli movies is another..lex's flying fortress, Clark's secret citadal made out of scrap,giant robots,lizards...etc.There is also things made by osamu tezuka.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Not sure if this is MAWS related or not, but Amazon is close to striking a deal with WB for animated DC content.

Right now MAWS is still slated to remain on HBO Max and Cartoon Network but that could change. Would be ironic if the cartoon Jack Quaid voices Superman in ended up on the same service as The Boys, but this is more likely a home for The Caped Crusader, possibly Young Justice or even Bendis’ Legion of Superheroes if that hasn’t been outright cancelled by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he's a very Asian take on Mxy, but I feel like that could only really work with this interpretation seemingly being as anime-esque as it is.

Normal Mxy works because he's so cartoonish.
    Normal Mxy from a design perspective is really boring. He’s another bald dude in a suit usually, and his non-suit incarnations aren’t that great either. A 5-D imp should stand out more, but Mxy typically doesn’t. Redesigning him is something I’ve wanted, although I would have gone in a different direction of course.

Not sure if this is MAWS related or not, but Amazon is close to striking a deal with WB for animated DC content.

Right now MAWS is still slated to remain on HBO Max and Cartoon Network but that could change. Would be ironic if the cartoon Jack Quaid voices Superman in ended up on the same service as The Boys, but this is more likely a home for The Caped Crusader, possibly Young Justice or even Bendis’ Legion of Superheroes if that hasn’t been outright cancelled by now.
    I also watch Lower Decks through Prime, so a lot of Jack Quaid on Amazon Prime .
    Normal Mxy from a design perspective is really boring. He’s another bald dude in a suit usually, and his non-suit incarnations aren’t that great either. A 5-D imp should stand out more, but Mxy typically doesn’t. Redesigning him is something I’ve wanted, although I would have gone in a different direction of course.
    Well, he's a diminutive guy floating in the air in a suit and bowler hat. To be honest I never even thought to compare him to Lex before you brought him up .

I think it's because he looks so goofy that he stands out as much. Well, that and his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also watch Lower Decks through Prime, so a lot of Jack Quaid on Amazon Prime .

Well, he's a diminutive guy floating in the air in a suit and bowler hat. To be honest I never even thought to compare him to Lex before you brought him up .

I think it's because he looks so goofy that he stands out as much. Well, that and his personality.
    Yeah I personally think Mxy should be treated as a more serious threat. His design works against that so I’d prefer to see it changed. Funny how Moore gave a Superman villain The Killing Joke treatment but it didn’t stick.

Spectacular Member

Yeah I personally think Mxy should be treated as a more serious threat. His design works against that so I’d prefer to see it changed. Funny how Moore gave a Superman villain The Killing Joke treatment but it didn’t stick.
    I think that a lot of it had to do with a very toxic mindset that infiltrated Superman editorial that damaged the character

Which was the reduction and removal of Superman’s most outlandish silver age mythology elements like Kandor, supergirl, and Superboy along with Bronze Age villains like mad scientist Luthor amonst many others

If Superman editorial wasn’t so gun-ho about about making Superman’s mythology smaller in the eighties, Superman would be in a better place as a franchise

Do we have any idea when in 2023 that this show is going to debut? Is it still Cartoon Network or HBO Max or Amazon Prime or somewhere else?

Another leak I guess. Hot take: I like this Mxy. I like that he’s not just another bald Superman bad guy in a suit, this design is cooler and makes him stand out more. Short of playing up the “imp”/demonic aspect of the character, I’d be cool with the comics drawing on this for Mxy going forward.
    Good design, understand the style. But better they had keep the violet and orange as his colors.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Do we have any idea when in 2023 that this show is going to debut? Is it still Cartoon Network or HBO Max or Amazon Prime or somewhere else?
    No one has any firm idea at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    No clue when in 2023 it will debut, still planned for HBO Max and CN last we heard from Josie Campbell.