Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Lex luthor appreciation thread 2023

Here is the thread of the evil genius and Superman’s most enduring foe Lex luthor

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for LEX

Happy New Year to the Worlds' Greatest Criminal Mastermind and his fans !

lexluthor4.jpg

Lex Luthor meets Death, and he is not impressed.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Just got the Superman vs. Lex Luthor trade today and am looking forward to reading it!
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Future State Lex was cool. And grotesquely bizarre with that other face.
    FS_SMVSIMLEX_Cv1.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Future State Lex was cool. And grotesquely bizarre with that other face.
    FS_SMVSIMLEX_Cv1.jpg
    Superman vs Imperious Lex was the best Future State story imo.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Clark Kent: Whatever you are, whatever you're planning, I'm going stop you.

Lex Luthor: No, you aren't. You're going to join me.

Clark Kent: What?

Lex Luthor: Think about it, Clark. My intellect, your powers. Together we could rule this world. We'll walk as gods among men.

Clark Kent: You're not a god. I'm not even sure you're human.

Lex Luthor: Are you?

slazzer-edit-image (5).jpg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-04-2023 at 01:30 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I liked how lex was written in 1050,but he sure didn't see superman being more powerful coming did he
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I liked how lex was written in 1050,but he sure didn't see superman being more powerful coming did he
    May be all part of the plan:
    Williamson: Here's my question for you -- do you think Lex doesn't want to be behind bars? Do you think it's not part of Lex's whole plan? There's a reason why he starts something. He picked a fight on purpose. Not only does Lex steal his truth from him, but he also suggests that he would steal his marriage and his child. Of course, Clark was going to knock him one. He was picking a fight on purpose. Obviously, there is a lot to be said, and it's an emotional scene, and there are things of truth in there that he's saying in these moments, but he was picking a fight on purpose.
    https://www.cbr.com/action-comics-10...son-interview/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Since everything counts now, where is Lex's daughter Lena? Her addition brings different things to the table for Lex as a father.
    They really missed an opportunity by not having her around when Jon was a kid and they'd have been close in age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Since everything counts now, where is Lex's daughter Lena? Her addition brings different things to the table for Lex as a father.
    They really missed an opportunity by not having her around when Jon was a kid and they'd have been close in age.
    I’m actually a big fan of Lena Luthor and how they wrote her; I sort of see her disappearance well before the New 52 was one of the most unnecessary and shortsighted bits of rigid devotion to the Silver Age that set in before Flashpoint.

To me, Lex’s own “supporting cast” should have Lena as a pitiable little kid Lex has a complex relationship to (not with, to, because he’s Lex Luthor), Mercy and Hope as exiled Amazons or cyborg bodyguards/enforcers/catspaws, and an updated, more dramatic and threatening but still schlubby Otis.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    You mean like a Romeo and Juliet sort of thing?

Are we wanting Lena a 100% human or part coluan,like the tease in adventure comics?

I wouldn't mind Lena either despising Conner cause of his mixed DNA,seeing him as trash her father put togerher,and to tarnish the luthor name with his body having their DNA on him.

Or Conner is the only person she actually has a fondness for because she sees him as a brother...

While hating Jon and wanting him dead
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.