Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Was disappointed to see that none of them used any examples of their work from MAWS in their tweets until I realized that probably falls under some strict NDA they signed with Warner.

Dang, I need a teaser trailer or something, anything official from MAWS to be put out here soon.

Is it weird that we haven't heard anything official about this in a long time? Especially after Gunn revealed the new DC slate?

I’m wondering why it’s taking so long for this to come out

Unless Gunn wants to make his own animated Superman show that fills in the backstory of his Superman, I’m not worried about MAWS.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Is it weird that we haven't heard anything official about this in a long time? Especially after Gunn revealed the new DC slate?
    We’ve had Josie Campbell talk about it frequently in interviews, unless you mean official PR from WB/DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Here's to Elseworlds animation .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’ve had Josie Campbell talk about it frequently in interviews, unless you mean official PR from WB/DC.
    That's what I meant. Does anyone else think it's strange that we've heard no official PR on this since it was announced?

Unless Gunn wants to make his own animated Superman show that fills in the backstory of his Superman, I’m not worried about MAWS.
    At least he promised than Superman & Lois is going to continued for at least wo more seasons. Maybe MAWS will have a similar fate.

That's what I meant. Does anyone else think it's strange that we've heard no official PR on this since it was announced?
    With all the mess in the Animation departament and the cancellations, maybe no news is good news, maybe.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

No because I’m expecting a trailer + news drop to happen at SDCC this year. MAWS survived the cuts in 2022, I’ll tempt fate by saying it’s safe. Could have easily cancelled it alongside or in place of The Caped Crusader but they chose to keep it. If we go through SDCC and get zero news then maybe we should start to worry, but I predict we’ll get info there with a release date in Fall 2023.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I’m wondering why it’s taking so long for this to come out
    Animation takes a while to complete.

It's now March and still nothing

Is My Adventures With Superman still scheduled to debut on Cartoon Network in this calendar year 2023?

Feels like the next announcement of any kind we get is going to be that it's been pushed back to "sometime" in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Is My Adventures With Superman still scheduled to debut on Cartoon Network in this calendar year 2023?

Feels like the next announcement of any kind we get is going to be that it's been pushed back to "sometime" in 2024.
    I'm half expecting them to move it to Amazon along with Batman: Caped Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Last update from Josie Campbell is that it’s still planned to debut in 2023 on CN and HBO MAX, this was in Nov/Dec 2022. I would not be surprised if it’s planned to debut in the back half of 2023, perhaps some time in October. Been a while since I followed a cartoon series before hand but I don’t recall animated cartoons ever getting advertised like movies where trailers come out months in advance.

My guess? SDCC 2023 is likely going to be a huge deal for Superman news. I’m expecting more info on Legacy and I expect MAWS to get a panel there. Maybe not a trailer but at least more info to be shared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm half expecting them to move it to Amazon along with Batman: Caped Crusader.
    Still a possibility but I don’t see why they would have held off on that for so long. What could have changed from when Zaslav decidedly to keep MAWS and ship around Batman, what shifted between then and now? Not like Superman has diminished in importance for the new regime, Gunn’s DCU hinges on Legacy doing well. Superman is still a priority for WBD.

Plus if Gunn is pushing to get a WW cartoon made, I doubt they’re going to toss out a Superman cartoon.

Incredible Member

MY ADVENTURES WITH SUPERMAN’ will move it’s series debut to Adult Swim.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CCNCartoo...99586499477507

It going to Adult Swim is a little odd since I thought it was supposed to be All Ages, but hey I’ll take it! Cool to have it follow a Gennedy Tartakowiski show, if MAWS is aiming for a similar tone that sounds cool.

It going to Adult Swim is a little odd since I thought it was supposed to be All Ages, but hey I’ll take it! Cool to have it follow a Gennedy Tartakowiski show, if MAWS is aiming for a similar tone that sounds cool.
    I mean, hey, great to have a confirmed premier date and to know where it's airing even if Adult Swim is unexpected.

I'm curious if that's going to alter the content at all or if it'll still feel like an all ages cartoon, but it was unconventional enough from the typical CN show that they felt like they could just put it in AS.