Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

A bit more interested in this series than the Batman one. As Superman animated things are a bit rarer than Batman. So it feels more fresh. Looks like it will be a bit lighthearted based off the promo image, and also probably set somewhat early in his career? Also RIP redhead Jimmy Olsen, lol. I guess he will be black in other media adaptations going forward.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It might be broadstrokes inspired by animes or what they see as a collective.it has steven universe mixed in.Anyways,if there is no action then this would seriously be not for me....I hope it does.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-19-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

looks good to me, and for those complaining about the art and Lois's hair, have you seen what they did to Aquaman?

This looks much easier fo get used to that ^^^
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-19-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Not enthused by Black Jimmy Olsen but I'll try it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Lois and Jimmy both look like older versions of Owl House characters lol

But this looks like it'll be pretty good. I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Not enthused by Black Jimmy Olsen but I'll try it.
    Franchises as old as Superman have to racebend characters to get with the times.

It's long overdue.

Incredible Member

Variety reports that this new Superman animated show will be family-friendly. So it will be mostly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    Franchises as old as Superman have to racebend characters to get with the times.

It's long overdue.
    Even as a black man, I don't really have any feelings about black Jimmy Olsen either way. I don't mind it. But I also don't really....care. As long as he's still Jimmy. That's all I'm worried about.

Although I can't help but wonder why, whenever this happens, it's always a red haired character that's being turned black or replaced with a black character lol

Jimmy, Starfire (kinda), Wally, Iris, Mary Jane, Kate Kane. I think there's more but those are the ones that spring to mind first.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-19-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Well hey I’m interested! Looks like there’s going to be a Superman for everyone soon, which is great! Married Superman on TV, young Superman in animation, black Superman in a period piece for film, all we need now is video game Superman who isn’t evil. Hope this is good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    This made me realize we haven't seen a Superman animated show since the Bruce Timm one
    There was the Legion cartoon (God I hope the Legion shows up here), but yeah the DCAU was the last time. It SHOULDN’T have been, we should’ve gotten a new Superman series way before this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

"Franchises as old as Superman have to racebend characters to get with the times.

It's long overdue."

They could simply add new characters of color rather than racebending existing ones. Besides we will still see red-headed Jimmy in future adaptations. The comic version is still a redhead so this show is like an alternative reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    The comic version is still a redhead so this show is like an alternative reality.
    I mean...that's basically what every non-comics adaption is.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Even as a black man, I don't really have any feelings about black Jimmy Olsen either way. I don't mind it. But I also don't really....care. As long as he's still Jimmy. That's all I'm worried about.

Although I can't help but wonder why, whenever this happens, it's always a red haired character that's being turned black or replaced with a black character lol

Jimmy, Starfire (kinda), Wally, Iris, Mary Jane, Kate Kane. I think there's more but those are the ones that spring to mind first.
    Red haired characters getting racebent is a meme but it's that keeping the same hair color isn't important when casting for any race.

Astonishing Member

Superman has such a varied and diverse supporting cast that's it strange that you would even bother to change races in the first place. The franchise has prominent black characters, they should just use them and they can start by actually using Steel.

That having been said I'm digging what I see so far.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Man I hope Steel does show up at one point, and Kenan! This is a great chance to introduce some of the lesser known Superman characters to the mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    looks good to me, and for those complaining about the art and Lois's hair, have you seen what they did to Aquaman?

This looks much easier fo get used to that ^^^
    My Adventures with Superman looks inspired by Voltron/She-Ra design wise, which is still a massive step up over CalArts crap.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Superman has such a varied and diverse supporting cast that's it strange that you would even bother to change races in the first place. The franchise has prominent black characters, they should just use them and they can start by actually using Steel.

That having been said I'm digging what I see so far.
    I think the problem is, none of them are as likely to show up or have nearly as big a role as Jimmy anyway (with the possible exceptions of Steel and Nat), so if you want prominent representation it'd make more sense to race bend Jimmy Olsen than to build plots around, say, Ron Troupe.