Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know I'm like the only one on this forum who doesn't like him, but I hope Jon doesn't show up.

I could see RotS!Superboy working more for this show yeah. If nothing else his design fits the aesthetic more. But I'd like some inspiration from the YJ!Superboy too (how can you not love his Superbike and pet Wolf?).
    Since this show is about Superman, I'd rather get Krypto than Wolf, but it would be nice to see more animated Superboy's that take after the original Kon like RotS did.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Young or old how he is protrayed and what his motives are makes or break the character for me.The one thing landis did was ditch the messianic figure who wants to save and inspire.Character was pretty relatable.If this is taking cues from that.Just a dude with spare time works for me..
    I think he'll probably be about on par as Man of Tomorrow and Smashes the Clan Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know I'm like the only one on this forum who doesn't like him, but I hope Jon doesn't show up.

I could see RotS!Superboy working more for this show yeah. If nothing else his design fits the aesthetic more. But I'd like some inspiration from the YJ!Superboy too (how can you not love his Superbike and pet Wolf?).
    You're not....its just the two of us, haha. But luckily for us its very unlikely he ever shows up. If they wanted him at all, they would have just gone the Superdad route, so that's obviously not the aim here.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I love Jon but he has no business in this show outside of some flash forward time travel/alternate universe story, and I'd prefer Jon to an evil Superman in that respect.

I think Supergirl is far more likely than Jon. This is about a young Superman. I don't think he'll have a kid, and if he does, it'd be season 4-5+. That said, if we DO get Jon, I want him to stay an infant and be about how Lois and Clark adjust to being reporters/Superman and raising a newborn.

But I'd rather this just be about a young Superman.
    Yeah, I mean I like Robin as much as the next guy, but he isn't nor should he forced into every Batman project. Same applies here and for most legacy characters.

The only way Jon would work in this would be a guest spot in an episode a la All Star Superman where Clark comes back to visit Smallville from the future and actively trying to make sure his future mom and dad don't figure out who he is.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey if the Superman Squad shows up in this, I certainly wouldn’t object to Jon being on the team and traveling back to meet his dad as a beginner learning the ropes. But otherwise nah, Superman & Lois is where you can go for Superdad and his family.
    Absolutely. Allow both to feel unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The only way Jon would work in this would be a guest spot in an episode a la All Star Superman where Clark comes back to visit Smallville from the future and actively trying to make sure his future mom and dad don't figure out who he is.
    Yeah, that's about the only way I can see it happening... Although, maybe a Back to the Future episo-- NO, YOUNG CLARK. YOUNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You're not....its just the two of us, haha. But luckily for us its very unlikely he ever shows up. If they wanted him at all, they would have just gone the Superdad route, so that's obviously not the aim here.
    I don't like Jon as a concept. He's been fun as a character, but I don't think he should actually exist. Does that count? I don't wanna lose any curmudgeonly old fan "I don't like these newfangled characters!" points.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't like Jon as a concept. He's been fun as a character, but I don't think he should actually exist. Does that count? I don't wanna lose any curmudgeonly old fan "I don't like these newfangled characters!" points.
    Well, which concept of Jon? Kind of seems like his exact role differs depending on what point of his character you're looking at.

If Quaid is read All-Star for inspiration I kind of hope they’re maybe thinking of using P.R.O.J.E.C.T. or at least basing their take on Star Labs on All-Star’s P.R.O.J.E.C.T.:

These guys are so cool and bring such an awesome bunch of scifi concepts into play for Superman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I could see the show having a very quirky take on Emil Hamilton.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Quaid is read All-Star for inspiration I kind of hope they’re maybe thinking of using P.R.O.J.E.C.T. or at least basing their take on Star Labs on All-Star’s P.R.O.J.E.C.T.:
    I would really like Leo Quintum to be the regular "Big Science Ally" for Superman in general, and would love if he and Agatha showed up here

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see the show having a very quirky take on Emil Hamilton.
    Wonder if they’d go down the Ruin route with him if they did use him?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I would really like Leo Quintum to be the regular "Big Science Ally" for Superman in general, and would love if he and Agatha showed up here
    I’d also add Veritas to a theoretical animated PROJECT, Lobdell’s run as a whole wasn’t very good imo, but there were a few cool ideas and I thought Veritas was one of them.

She’d fit right in aesthetic wise imo lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, which concept of Jon? Kind of seems like his exact role differs depending on what point of his character you're looking at.
    I'm in the camp that doesn't believe Clark should ever have biological children at all. So *every* concept of Jon.

That said, I have enjoyed Jon in some of his stories, as a kid, a teen, and even a young, Future State Superman. Kid!Jon had a fun manga-esque flair rarely seen in Big 2 comics, and Silver Age redux space prince Jon has a lot of potential, and Future State Jon was better than he should have been considering the gimmicky nature of the event. But I can admit that the character can be fun while also thinking he shouldn't exist in the first place.

I feel the same way about Supergirl. Kara can be, and has been, a good character with a good comic, but I actually don't like her as a concept.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm in the camp that doesn't believe Clark should ever have biological children at all. So *every* concept of Jon.

That said, I have enjoyed Jon in some of his stories, as a kid, a teen, and even a young, Future State Superman. Kid!Jon had a fun manga-esque flair rarely seen in Big 2 comics, and Silver Age redux space prince Jon has a lot of potential, and Future State Jon was better than he should have been considering the gimmicky nature of the event. But I can admit that the character can be fun while also thinking he shouldn't exist in the first place.

I feel the same way about Supergirl. Kara can be, and has been, a good character with a good comic, but I actually don't like her as a concept.
    I think Kara and Jon work well in their own right within the franchise, but to each their own .

BANNED

This new status quo looks like a weird sequel to all-star Superman

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    This new status quo looks like a weird sequel to all-star Superman
    Sequel? Wouldn't a prequel make more sense since All Star was an ending?