Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder, between this and Caped Crusader, what the chances are for guest heroes.
    I doubt Caped Crusader will have cameos, it screams “dark and serious” vibes which don’t mesh well with non-Batfamily members. Plus Batman as a franchise rarely crosses over with anyone except Superman ironically enough. Supes on the other hand typically does end up crossing over more, STAS did it quite a bit. I hope they mostly stick to Supes though, I don’t particularly want or need others.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm still not exactly chomping at the bit for this, and frankly that makes sense because I'm not the target audience, but what really makes me happy is the hope that this is a good introduction of the character and lore for the kiddies. Its too late for my nephews, they grew up on Marvel, lol. But lets get that next batch of young ones.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The animation department is a little better, not much, but better. Will Batman be in the SSTK adaptation? Probably, but they will still make it.
    He wasn't in the comic so I don't see why they would put him in, or even how they could change the story to shoehorn him in.
    But again, no clue if they'll adapt the comic to animation. Hope so, I would snap up that DTV in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt Caped Crusader will have cameos, it screams “dark and serious” vibes which don’t mesh well with non-Batfamily members. Plus Batman as a franchise rarely crosses over with anyone except Superman ironically enough. Supes on the other hand typically does end up crossing over more, STAS did it quite a bit. I hope they mostly stick to Supes though, I don’t particularly want or need others.
    I mean, BTAS was kind of the same way, a dark and serious for the time cartoon, and it spawned the whole DCAU. So I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely.

Incredible Member

20 years later, the dark and gritty Green Arrow show lead to a live action Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I figure if they intend both shows to be in the same universe, even the Batman show is going to have crossovers often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    20 years later, the dark and gritty Green Arrow show lead to a live action Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I figure if they intend both shows to be in the same universe, even the Batman show is going to have crossovers often enough.
    Do they intend for both shows to be in the same universe? I don't remember them saying so, and the different art styles suggest they're unconnected.

They have completely different art styles, creative teams, approaches, etc. There's no way they're connected.

Incredible Member

Oh, nothing so far implies they're connected in any way besides being announced together. I was just using a hypothetical case.

Still, it wouldn't really surprise me, if I'm honest.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We got lucky with the DCAU, it wasn't something that was really PLANNED by the company. But if these are successful enough, it wouldnt surprise me if they try to pull off some creative crossover....

But Im already hoping for and looking forward to Supergirl. She gotta show up sometime down the line if this passes the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We got lucky with the DCAU, it wasn't something that was really PLANNED by the company. But if these are successful enough, it wouldnt surprise me if they try to pull off some creative crossover....

But Im already hoping for and looking forward to Supergirl. She gotta show up sometime down the line if this passes the first season.
    I'm more wondering what kind of take on Kara they'd go with and how they would work her into the premise.

Incredible Member

Chaos incarnate to go along with the chaos incarnate of the main trio, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, BTAS was kind of the same way, a dark and serious for the time cartoon, and it spawned the whole DCAU. So I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely.
    But the actual “DCAU” itself really came to be in STAS. Flash, GL (Kyle instead of John though), Aquaman, the shared universe really debuted in Superman. BTAS was kept relatively self-contained outside of the crossover with Superman, although it’s still the one that spawned the rest because of its success. But a lot of the plot lines of JL have their roots in STAS particularly the Cadmus arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Do they intend for both shows to be in the same universe? I don't remember them saying so, and the different art styles suggest they're unconnected.
    I don’t think they will. If I recall correctly, Timm has wanted to do an even more grounded and darker take on Batman than what they did with BTAS, and I suspect TCC will be that. Superman doesn’t really fit with that, especially the MAWS incarnation which seems to be drawing more on Voltron, She-Ra, and others. They’ll likely be kept separate and that’s something I’m glad for. In this circumstance I share your dislike for shared universes, I’d prefer Supes be on his own.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-28-2021 at 09:56 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But the actual “DCAU” itself really came to be in STAS. Flash, GL (Kyle instead of John though), Aquaman, the shared universe really debuted in Superman. BTAS was kept relatively self-contained outside of the crossover with Superman, although it’s still the one that spawned the rest because of its success. But a lot of the plot lines of JL have their roots in STAS particularly the Cadmus arc.
    There was a Zatanna episode in B:TAS but it was a one-off and she wasn't treated like she had real magic at the time.

I actually didn't like seeing the much more grounded BTAS re-contextualized to be part of a world with aliens, wizards, and low-tier gods, so I'm hoping TCC stays isolated. MAwS, on the other hand, could work with other heroes stopping by like STAS.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I actually didn't like seeing the much more grounded BTAS re-contextualized to be part of a world with aliens, wizards, and low-tier gods, so I'm hoping TCC stays isolated. MAwS, on the other hand, could work with other heroes stopping by like STAS.
    Well, that's basically how the DCU and most shared comic universes work in general .