Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I actually didn't like seeing the much more grounded BTAS re-contextualized to be part of a world with aliens, wizards, and low-tier gods, so I'm hoping TCC stays isolated. MAwS, on the other hand, could work with other heroes stopping by like STAS.
    It's why I don't like Batman on the Justice League

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still not exactly chomping at the bit for this, and frankly that makes sense because I'm not the target audience, but what really makes me happy is the hope that this is a good introduction of the character and lore for the kiddies. Its too late for my nephews, they grew up on Marvel, lol. But lets get that next batch of young ones.
    It's never too late! Try getting them to watch the Older DCAU and then throw on maybe the Burton and Donner films for them, as the Flash movie is using these two. So maybe you can start the train now?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Do we have a date for the first episode of this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Nope, too early. But maybe expect some news at Fandome in October?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Hoping for a trailer at Fandome, I think it’s supposed to start next year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't see why we can't have a serious, well-written Superman cartoon that appeals to kids without dumbing things down and also to adults. I have a feeling that Batman: Caped Crusader will be just that. I just wish we got something along the lines of Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I don't see why we can't have a serious, well-written Superman cartoon that appeals to kids without dumbing things down and also to adults. I have a feeling that Batman: Caped Crusader will be just that. I just wish we got something along the lines of Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice.
    I think there's a good chance we'll get that with this show.

I mean, it's making romance a focal point of the show which is kind out of the norm for children's cartoons these days, at least typically.

How do you know we don't? Just because the art style is kind of cute?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    How do you know we don't? Just because the art style is kind of cute?

A little bit lol? But I'm gonna be open-minded about it.

YJ went to **** in S3 so maybe not the best example lol. Hope it recovers in S4. There’s really no info about the nature of this show beyond the absolute basics, but it doesn’t look to be Teen Titans Go! based on what little we know. It looks like the Voltron and Owl House cartoons and two of the people in charge ran action cartoons.

I’m sure it will be fine, and we’ve got the animated movie universe for a more adult Superman if need be, plus maybe the Smallville sequel animated series if that’s real.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I do hope Brainiac will appear in this series, with Corey Burton reprising the role.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, this seems like it's more of a good time than anything else. The DTV and S&L are more adult oriented. I don't see why it's a bad idea to have a more light hearted show that skews younger.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

A little bit lol? But I'm gonna be open-minded about it.
    I wouldn't hold the art style against it - it clearly eschews younger, but so do a lot of well written shows. There's no reason to assume that this won't.

I'm not a fan of short-haired Lois but I'm willing to let the designs and style speak for themselves in the final project.

If you want Superman to succeed commercially and remain culturally relevant, you gotta give the kiddos a few nice things, too.