Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If you want Superman to succeed commercially and remain culturally relevant, you gotta give the kiddos a few nice things, too.
    And if us adults can just so happen to enjoy it as well? Win-win. And this looks like it might be a cartoon for kids that their parents or us adult fans can also enjoy.

If you want Superman to succeed commercially and remain culturally relevant, you gotta give the kiddos a few nice things, too.
    The last Superman project aimed at kids was probably the Legion of Superheroes cartoon, everything since has been aimed at adults. Way past time they started making stuff that kids can watch again, even YJ is now basically for teens only.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The last Superman project aimed at kids was probably the Legion of Superheroes cartoon, everything since has been aimed at adults.
    To be fair, everything since has been part of the pg13 DTV line. Unless you want to include live action, in which case Superman & Lois is arguably aimed at families, and Man of Steel arguably for general audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To be fair, everything since has been part of the pg13 DTV line. Unless you want to include live action, in which case Superman & Lois is arguably aimed at families, and Man of Steel arguably for general audiences.
    I’d argue both S&L and MoS aren’t meant for kids (especially MoS). Teens yes, but I’ve heard plenty of complaints about Snyder’s movies being too intense for children. That DC didn’t bother to create any Superman content aimed at kids probably did not help him any.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Closest thing we got to Superman for kids in TV or movies in recent years was Justice League Action, which obviously isn't a Superman-specific show, but it has a really great interpretation of Superman.

I’d argue both S&L and MoS aren’t meant for kids (especially MoS). Teens yes, but I’ve heard plenty of complaints about Snyder’s movies being too intense for children. That DC didn’t bother to create any Superman content aimed at kids probably did not help him any.
    Admittedly Cartoon Network has kind of hampered them into making more cartoons. All the "main" ones that aren't TTG! got quickly canceled or deathslotted.
    Closest thing we got to Superman for kids in TV or movies in recent years was Justice League Action, which obviously isn't a Superman-specific show, but it has a really great interpretation of Superman.
    Jason J. Lewis was a national treasure .

I'd argue that S&L isn't aimed for kids, but are still meant for most of the family - maybe not little kids, but definitely at least the 12+ crowd (there's nothing there that kids can't watch, just stuff that might lose their interest. But MoS was definitely meant for everyone ala say an MCU or pre-MCU Marvel movie. It's no more intense than some of the early X-Men films. So not aimed at kids, but intended for most older kids at least to enjoy as well as teens and adults. It just...didn't actually appeal to them cause Snyder gonna Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly Cartoon Network has kind of hampered them into making more cartoons. All the "main" ones that aren't TTG! got quickly canceled or deathslotted.

Jason J. Lewis was a national treasure .
    Yeah CN basically sabotaged YJ out of spite, and even got a new dark and gritty Batman cartoon, Beware the Batman cancelled after a single season! We definitely wouldn’t be getting a new Superman cartoon if not for HBO Max.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

My younger students love that show. It's a shame that it didn't continue.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Taking superheroes expressly away from children is a good way to ensure future audiences don't care that much. Comics are not a cheap way to engage, so most parents won't seek them out for their kids unless they are fans themselves. You need media adaptions to catch them in the same net as it does adults to ensure they find a way into books later in life. Batman has a number of shows that are made to entertain kids-to-adults and he's a character that genuinely needs a more grim touch most of the time than Clark does, so I don't see why the idea of bringing kids back into the demographic fills Superfans with dread. It should be harder with Batman and has been proven time and again it's very doable.

This show looks fun. I'm super excited for it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Taking superheroes expressly away from children is a good way to ensure future audiences don't care that much.
    Exactly this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Batman: The Caped Crusader will be getting a first look at Fandome. No mention if MAWS will be there but we can hope so!

Batman: The Caped Crusader will be getting a first look at Fandome. No mention if MAWS will be there but we can hope so!
    I feel like MAWS is farther along than Caped Crusader production-wise so it would be odd if we didn't see something from it there (especially since there was apparently an animatic shown somewhere, I think?) aside from blatant Timm/Batman favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like MAWS is farther along than Caped Crusader production-wise so it would be odd if we didn't see something from it there (especially since there was apparently an animatic shown somewhere, I think?) aside from blatant Timm/Batman favoritism.
    Yeah I was surprised not to see anything about MAWS considering it was far enough for them to show us an animation still whereas BTCC just got a poster. But then the slightest crumb of anything Batman just tends to get more attention than anything Superman

But I’m excited at the prospect we might get a trailer! Least we’ll get stuff for the Krypto movie if nothing else.

Yeah I was surprised not to see anything about MAWS considering it was far enough for them to show us an animation still whereas BTCC just got a poster. But then the slightest crumb of anything Batman just tends to get more attention than anything Superman

But I’m excited at the prospect we might get a trailer! Least we’ll get stuff for the Krypto movie if nothing else.
    Yeah, I have a feeling there will probably be more at the event than what they've announced, if nothing else .