Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Thank you to the character designers for making Clark look like such a bottom.
    Well said!

I think it's only natural that he would evolve this way over time, what with Lois being so assertive and Clark being such a gentle soft boy.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The Caped Crusader looks much better and with way more talent involved, though...

Caped Crusader looks like something we've seen before. It looks, frankly, like BTAS. It looks like an attempt to capture 30 year old lightning in a new milk-bottle. Their focus on being a jumping on point for new Batman fans makes me cautiously optimistic about it, but conversely, I'm thrilled about this new, unique looking Superman show.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The Caped Crusader looks much better and with way more talent involved, though...
    Judging from the Caped Crusader poster, I think this version of Batman will be set in the 1940s. It will probably also be for mature audiences, while the Superman cartoon is intended for children.

It definitely will probably be aimed at older audiences but that doesn’t bother me. I have no desire to see Bruce Timm anywhere near Superman again, let him try to recapture lightning in a bottle with Abrams and Reeves. For “mature” Superman animation, we’ve still got the animated movies, and S&L will also be there. Plus the tones for the two should be different, and we don’t really know much beyond the basics for either.

A reminder: Everyone was dumping on Hoechlin before his show came out, let’s wait before writing this off . And if it is aimed at kids that’s totally fine as well, when was the last time there was ANYTHING Superman aimed at making kids fans? It’s all been dark and edgy stuff with him for ages.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Judging from the Caped Crusader poster, I think this version of Batman will be set in the 1940s. It will probably also be for mature audiences, while the Superman cartoon is intended for children.
    Both are going to be on Cartoon Network, so the Batman cartoon may be more outwardly mature but I don't expect it to go too dark either.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It looks a slice of life anime or something like that.
    I guess,i would probably be out then.The only slice of life anime i like is violet evergarden...atleast there is invincible and my hero
    I get things from batman that i should be getting from superman.Batman:cape crusader seems to be for me...Batman looks badass.always felt goldenage suit was cooler.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-19-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It definitely will probably be aimed at older audiences but that doesn’t bother me. I have no desire to see Bruce Timm anywhere near Superman again, let him try to recapture lightning in a bottle with Abrams and Reeves. For “mature” Superman animation, we’ve still got the animated movies, and S&L will also be there. Plus the tones for the two should be different, and we don’t really know much beyond the basics for either.

A reminder: Everyone was dumping on Hoechlin before his show came out, let’s wait before writing this off . And if it is aimed at kids that’s totally fine as well, when was the last time there was ANYTHING Superman aimed at making kids fans? It’s all been dark and edgy stuff with him for ages.
    Justice League Action was comedic and for kids. It aired on Cartoon Network but after 52 episodes it was canceled.

That looks more like Janet van Dyne than Lois Lane!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Justice League Action was comedic and for kids. It aired on Cartoon Network but after 52 episodes it was canceled.
    That's because kids these days don't take to the tone in the jlaction,It was too serious.The artstyle kids like these days are teen titans go ,thundercats go,...etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That looks more like Janet van Dyne than Lois Lane!
    Lois had hair like that in preflashpoint continuity if i remeber correctly.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-19-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    But why though?
    Because it's not the 1950s anymore, the US is a more diverse now than in the past and kids of different races like to see themselves presented in characters in the media they consume.

They look to be (and given the team behind it) going for a She-Ra and Voltron vibe with this, skewing a little younger maybe. Both of which were successful and had typical Netflix type seasons. This will be on HBO Max as well and will be pushed there over Cartoon Network I'd imagine.

For my money, the best animated series of the last 20 years is Gravity Falls. It had a "kid" vibe to it, only ran for two seasons, but is a masterpiece I've rewatched like 3 times with my kids. I'll take that over a rehash of BTAS or Invincible any day.

Plus, not everything needs to be dark and serious for "mature" audiences. That already tried to "Batmanize" Superman with Man of Steel and that didn't go over all that well with the general public.
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-19-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They look to be (and given the team behind it) going for a She-Ra and Voltron vibe with this, skewing a little younger maybe. Both of which were successful and had typical Netflix type seasons. This will be on HBO Max as well and will be pushed there over Cartoon Network I'd imagine.

For my money, the best animated series of the last 20 years is Gravity Falls. It had a "kid" vibe to it, only ran for two seasons, but is a masterpiece I've rewatched like 3 times with my kids. I'll take that over a rehash of BTAS or Invincible any day.

Plus, not everything needs to be dark and serious for "mature" audiences. That already tried to "Batmanize" Superman with Man of Steel and that didn't go over all that well with the general public.
    If they want to “Batman: The Brave and the Bold” Superman though, I would be a-ok with that
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That already tried to "Batmanize" Superman with Man of Steel and that didn't go over all that well with the general public.
    depends on what you mean by batmanise.i would love a goldenage adaptation of superman rather than batman we are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they want to “Batman: The Brave and the Bold” Superman though, I would be a-ok with that
    Or like a Craig of the Creek, another awesome show aimed at "kids" that is fun, crazy, and has like a only tangentially connected to reality type vibe.

I've had to sit through so many garbage cartoons over the last 6 or so years with my kids, that the gems really stand out for me. Things like Kipo, Craig of the Creek, Voltron, Gravity Falls are what made it tolerable. I hope they go for something in that range, but I won't be mad if it skews a little younger. The description doesn't sound like it's leaning towards Teen Titans Go level (but hell even that is quality - members of my household will randomly break out in "Pyramid Scheme Money")