Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not expecting it to get that dark, although if I remember right the villains in Voltron were pretty serious compared to the antics of the main characters.

Hopefully no Gene Hackman-esque Lex .
    We’ve been pretty lucky with Lex everywhere but the film side, I’m not worried about him. I’m expecting them to go with the DCAU Lexcorp CEO who is also a super genius, but I wouldn’t mind a take that just went full on supervillain with him right from the start.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I'm not expecting it to get that dark, although if I remember right the villains in Voltron were pretty serious compared to the antics of the main characters.

Hopefully no Gene Hackman-esque Lex .
    Voltron was adapted from Golion, one of the most extremest and darkest anime in the 80's, I have ever seen. It was nowhere near for minors. They had to make extented changes in order to make it compatible for the younger audience and yet, still a few scenes managed to slip like the scene where Lotor takes Romelle from her cell into his private chamber. She later returned to her cell visibly... frustrated, stunned, suggesting heavily that Lotor raped her (in the japanese version it was much clearer that Lotor raped her).
    I was surprised and concerned that they let that scene survive into Voltron.

As for this Superman cartoon, I also do not expect to go dark (especially not at Golion level) but I do hope to see some mature themes into the mix.
    Best case scenario? I expect to be close to Sunbow Transformers/ G.I.JOE pre their indivisual movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’ve been pretty lucky with Lex everywhere but the film side, I’m not worried about him. I’m expecting them to go with the DCAU Lexcorp CEO who is also a super genius, but I wouldn’t mind a take that just went full on supervillain with him right from the start.
    I can kind of see him being this young up-and-coming tech CEO (kind of like DCSHG) dipping into criminal and obsessions with outshining Superman...and swooning Lois.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Voltron was adapted from Golion, one of the most extremest and darkest anime in the 80's, I have ever seen. It was nowhere near for minors. They had to make extented changes in order to make it compatible for the younger audience and yet, still a few scenes managed to slip like the scene where Lotor takes Romelle from her cell into his private chamber. She later returned to her cell visibly... frustrated, stunned, suggesting heavily that Lotor raped her (in the japanese version it was much clearer that Lotor raped her).
    I was surprised and concerned that they let that scene survive into Voltron.

As for this Superman cartoon, I also do not expect to go dark (especially not at Golion level) but I do hope to see some mature themes into the mix.
    Best case scenario? I expect to be close to Sunbow Transformers/ G.I.JOE pre their indivisual movies.
    I'm thinking maybe Spectacular Spider-Man.

I can kind of see him being this young up-and-coming tech CEO (kind of like DCSHG) dipping into criminal and obsessions with outshining Superman...and swooning Lois.

Would they do a love triangle in this day and age? Feel like that’s gone out of vogue. Not even Weisman can recapture the vibe of SSM, don’t think we’ll ever see it’s like again although I would love to be wrong.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Would they do a love triangle in this day and age? Feel like that’s gone out of vogue. Not even Weisman can recapture the vibe of SSM, don’t think we’ll ever see it’s like again although I would love to be wrong.
    Well, depends on what kind of love triangle we're talking about here. Are we expecting the Clark/Lois/Superman triangle in some form? Will it just be Clark pursuing Lois while she only sees Superman as a story? Will we throw Lex into the ring?

I think modern romcoms still have love triangles or love rivals so I wouldn't rule it out. That they're even emphasizing the romance is a bit out of the norm for a Superhero cartoon.

BANNED

If Clark worships Lois like a goddess, kisses the ground she walks on, while she's interested in anyone but Clark, I won't see her. I hate Injustice, but if you look at the Superman shows and movies, the idea that Clark becomes a psychopath if Lois dies is pretty spot on.

I think the only circumstance in which I'd like to see Lois x Luthor is if Luthor pursued her just to annoy Superman.

Lois x Luthor seemed to be popular in 90s in other media, but I'd rather it stayed away.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think the only circumstance in which I'd like to see Lois x Luthor is if Luthor pursued her just to annoy Superman.

Lois x Luthor seemed to be popular in 90s in other media, but I'd rather it stayed away.
    We can thank Byrne for that since he established that Lex wanted to make Lois his fifth trophy wife or whatever it was back in Man of Steel.

At least Smallville Lex had the decency to lust after Lana .

We can thank Byrne for that since he established that Lex wanted to make Lois his fifth trophy wife or whatever it was back in Man of Steel.
    When I think of Byrne and screwy triangles, the one that always came to mind for me was Perry White and Lex Luthor both competing for Alice's attention.

It's almost like, "What else can we do to make Luthor more dastardly? Let's make him like the unlikable 'other man'!"

I guess that's a little better than just making him a stand-in for Trump/GWB/any sitting president the writer doesn't like. Then again, maybe not.

BANNED

Quite possible, yes. Spec was very wel received by fans so they might replicate the formula.

BANNED

Don't think so. Byrne had very dark and mature themes in his run. In the final issue, he had Superman killing a version of Zod and his goons.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really hope they don’t make him a humorous character. He’s supposed to be one of Superman’s (and the DCU’s) most dangerous villains.
    Kind of depends on the tone of the show, doesn't it? But I think it'll be more on the serious-ish side....

They've advertised it as a romcom but I think the Superhero stakes will be serious enough, although it's hard to tell without any footage or interviews.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...on-1235189406/
    The company is all-in on a streaming first strategy, but family programming hasn’t had a huge presence in the two-plus years of HBO Max’s existence. WBD will continue with development of animated projects aimed at younger viewers via its Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation arms.
    Good news for MAWS!