Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    depends on what you mean by batmanise.i would love a goldenage adaptation of superman rather than batman we are getting.
    I meant darker and brooding. I don't mind a golden age type adaptation either - and I think we're getting something in the vein with the new Coates movie - but that isn't going to get a lot of kids interested in Superman.

Apparently, My Adventures with Superman has already been ordered for two seasons and doesn't sound like it's going to be skewing all that much younger. Art style aside focusing on "20 something lives' looks more on the Voltron end than Teen Titans Go.

On the flip side of the thematic coin is My Adventures with Superman, which will follow the 20-something lives of Clark Kent (Jack Quaid), Lois Lane (Alice Lee), and Jimmy Olsen as they collectively start their journalism careers, fall in love, and for Clark, start his burgeoning career as the Man of Steel.

My Adventures with Superman has already been ordered for two seasons and will be executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!), Jake Wyatt (Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus), and Brendan Clogher (Voltron: Legendary Defender). And based on the promotional image, expect it to fit in the mode of those more family-friendly animated shows.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/19/2...superman-shows
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-19-2021 at 11:41 AM.

I'm an Always Long Hair-er for Lois, but I've become more attracted to certain short hairstyles on women the older I get.

The raceswapping, I'm in general not a fan of the idea for various reasons but that's been argued before elsewhere. But I guess it doesn't bother me as much with Jimmy because unlike Superman, his look just isn't quite asi iconic. I mean to us comic book readers of course he's the sweater vest wearing ginger. But general audience? In live action I don't think the character has ever actually been portrayed by a freckled redhead. His look tends to vary anyway.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-19-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I meant darker and brooding. I don't mind a golden age type adaptation either - and I think we're getting something in the vein with the new Coates movie - but that isn't going to get a lot of kids interested in Superman.
    yeah! i guess.I just hope that's one kickass man of action.And i also hope they use the first costume.I am also getting black adam even if that's not the case.So, whatever.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

The show looks adorable and a great way to get a new generation of kiddos interested in Superman and Lois Lane. It will definitely be a welcome addition in my house. I’m in!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm really uncomfortable with anything based off Max Landis given the accusations leveled against him. Which this very much appears to be. It's why I skipped the recent animated movie. I would love to see this but DC needs to have a real conversation with itself about how attached to this guy they really want to be. I love the idea of a young Superman show aimed at kids. And as a southpaw myself, I love seeing a left handed Superman! But they need to use the Landis inspirations sparingly given everything going on with him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm really uncomfortable with anything based off Max Landis given the accusations leveled against him. Which this very much appears to be. It's why I skipped the recent animated movie. I would love to see this but DC needs to have a real conversation with itself about how attached to this guy they really want to be. I love the idea of a young Superman show aimed at kids. And as a southpaw myself, I love seeing a left handed Superman! But they need to use the Landis inspirations sparingly given everything going on with him.
    As long as it doesn't go beyond race changes for Lois and Jimmy, I think we should be fine. But I get the concern

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm really uncomfortable with anything based off Max Landis given the accusations leveled against him. Which this very much appears to be. It's why I skipped the recent animated movie. I would love to see this but DC needs to have a real conversation with itself about how attached to this guy they really want to be.
    I've never been on board with Landis ever since he made that video on the "Death of Superman," so it's not like I like his work or I'm defending his ideas, but how would you feel if they took some of his ideas and neither credited him nor paid him? If the dude had a few good ideas, I think they should be on the table to be lifted, and all the better if there didn't need to be any reason to acknowledge the ideas came from him.

I highly highly doubt that there is anything more than a superficial resemblance between American Alien and this series. Landis isn't getting a royalty check "20-something Lois & Clark" or for making Lois half Asian or Jimmy African American.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Chris Rock was cast as Jimmy Olsen for the aborted Superman Lives. Landis wasn't the first to raceswapping Jimmy, it's not exclusive to his work.

Astonishing Member

Now that you think about it, there hasn’t been much Superman content for the tykes nowadays. I mean outside the Superman and Lois show, the most prominent media he was was in a R-rated movie that had F-bombs and blood not too long ago. Between Injustice, the Snyder movies, and even the R-rated Harley Quinn cartoon Supes has actually been in more things for older audiences than in stuff meant for the audience he was initially intended for: children. That’s both kind of hilarious to and weirdly kind of sad in a way. So doing an all-ages Superman show for where he isn’t evil for the up-teeth time is actually kind of refreshing for the character.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-19-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Even as a black man, I don't really have any feelings about black Jimmy Olsen either way. I don't mind it. But I also don't really....care. As long as he's still Jimmy. That's all I'm worried about.

Although I can't help but wonder why, whenever this happens, it's always a red haired character that's being turned black or replaced with a black character lol

Jimmy, Starfire (kinda), Wally, Iris, Mary Jane, Kate Kane. I think there's more but those are the ones that spring to mind first.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man I hope Steel does show up at one point, and Kenan! This is a great chance to introduce some of the lesser known Superman characters to the mainstream.
    I wonder if we'll see Kara show up in season 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the problem is, none of them are as likely to show up or have nearly as big a role as Jimmy anyway (with the possible exceptions of Steel and Nat), so if you want prominent representation it'd make more sense to race bend Jimmy Olsen than to build plots around, say, Ron Troupe.
    I'd like to see them use the Planet cast a bit more than other adaptions have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It looks a slice of life anime or something like that.
    My takeaway is that the Clark/Lois stuff is a romance slice of life while the Superman stuff is more traditional Superhero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Justice League Action was comedic and for kids. It aired on Cartoon Network but after 52 episodes it was canceled.
    Don't remind me .
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Now that you think about it, there hasn’t been much Superman content for the tykes nowadays. I mean outside the Superman and Lois show, the most prominent media he was was in a R-rated movie that had F-bombs and blood not too long ago. Between Injustice, the Snyder movies, and even the R-rated Harley Quinn cartoon Supes has actually been in more things for older audiences than in stuff meant for the audience he was initially intended for: children. That’s both kind of hilarious to and weirdly kind of sad in a way. So doing an all-ages Superman show for where he isn’t evil for the up-teeth time is actually kind of refreshing for the character.
    He was featured in various Lego movies (both on film and for direct-to-DVD) and was on all ages cartoons like Justice League Action and DC Super Hero Girls (even if he doesn't come off that well in the latter).

Not a fan of the art style but I’m not really an anime fan in general. At least they’re still trying with Superman.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Holy moly, where'd you find this?
    Buh-bye