Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Well, if we look at the digital-first sales- Second son 12 is place 18 this week on comixology (https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers)

and on Amazon, it's in place *704* for 45-minute comics (Nightwing, Yara flor, Robin, are all in the first 20)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oreType=ebooks
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...r_digital-text

So again, the sales really don't look that great.
    Nah, they're good. The problem is that Second Son #12 was a reprint of #10 for a little while.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 05-24-2021 at 06:28 AM.

Incredible Member

OK, but that was still the last DC comics day, and Nightwing and Yara flor were also released on the very same day and they managed to stay on the top 20.
    So "it was a week ago" isn't an explanation.

Anyway, maybe that's the reason they try to push Jace extra hard now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    OK, but that was still the last DC comics day, and Nightwing and Yara flor were also released on the very same day and they managed to stay on the top 20.
    So "it was a week ago" isn't an explanation.

Anyway, maybe that's the reason they try to push Jace extra hard now.
    It's selling more than Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point on the DC Comics app. So that's probably just Amazon.

Edit: Bro, it's in the top 20 best-selling comics for ComiXology.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 05-24-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Plot thickens, Jace is going to be shown off with Bruce in Free Comic Book Day this year in August

https://www.cbr.com/dc-batman-suicid...omic-book-day/

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Those don't exist. All we have to go off of is Comichron's sales to comic shops list.
    okay never mind
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-24-2021 at 08:00 AM.

I'll probably check out the "I am Batman" one shot and the Future State Alpha issue.

I like Jace as a character but I'm iffy about him becoming Batman II. Legacies and Replacement characters just became less appealing over the years. Often they tend to lose what makes them distinct when they are passed around by different writers. I'm hopeful they can avoid that here but I'm doubtful.

Ironically I would have chosen his brother Luke to be the next Batman. He's a safer bet than either Jace or Duke. He had 20 issues of a solo comic and is a more consistent figure than either character. It's feels like an easier sell outside of grabbing the YJ kids.

Right now Jace's biggest selling point is John Ridley. Which is why I think putting Jace as the Earth One Batman would've been more ideal. Using the future state legacies to beef up the Earth One graphic novel line would kill two birds with one stone.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-24-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'll probably check out the "I am Batman" one shot and the Future State Alpha issue.

I like Jace as a character but I'm iffy about him becoming Batman II. Legacies and Replacement characters just became less appealing over the years. Often they tend to lose what makes them distinct when they are passed around by different writers. I'm hopeful they can avoid that here but I'm doubtful.

Ironically I would have chosen his brother Luke to be the next Batman. He's a safer bet than either Jace or Duke. He had 20 issues of a solo comic and is a more consistent figure than either character. It's just an easier sell.

Right now Jace's biggest selling point is John Ridley.
    Wait, do we know if I am Batman is a one-shot? I assumed it was the zero issue to an ongoing or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait, do we know if I am Batman is a one-shot? I assumed it was the zero issue to an ongoing or something.
    It’s most likely a ongoing, but they haven’t announced anything besides issue 0.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I just thought it was a one-shot.

With Jace and the Batfamily, it be better if he had a different dynamic with them than just being Bruce 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He isn't replacing bruce. They are hoping that he will be able to stand side by side with bruce as a modern day Batman.
    So trying to do the Miles Morales approach without the AU aspect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It’s most likely a ongoing, but they haven’t announced anything besides issue 0.
    It’s described as a series in DC’s FCBD post.

The new Dark Knight, Jace Fox, has arrived in this sneak peek of the upcoming I Am Batman series written by Oscar® winner John Ridley (The Other History of the DC Universe) with stunning art by Travel Foreman (The Next Batman: Second Son).
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...-book-day-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So trying to do the Miles Morales approach without the AU aspect.
    That's how I understand it. Can really do the AU angle since Terry is pretty established with a dedicated fanbase that covers multiple mediums

Extraordinary Member

I Am Batman #0 Pencils by Travel Foreman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batman 112-117 Variants by Jorge Molina

I wanna cry this is so gorgeous! I already want a print of it. The way Ivy's drawn kinda reminds me of a tarot card or art nouveau style illustration. Or a Magic card--she's looking more and more like a fantasy character.
    Last edited by babybats; 06-01-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Some designs we may or may not have seen before, not sure: