Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is Jace's thing going to be dealing with the Magistrate while Bruce deals with the normal Batman stuff?
    I'm pretty sure the Magistrate is going to be something of an overarching threat/ big bad for the Gotham set books for a while until it get's to the point where they need avert them taking over Gotham and turning it into some kind of separatist dystopian police state.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m4st4 View Post
    Same!

Why is Jorge Jimenez not officially name dropped for Batman title? I really need to see him as a mainstay with Tynion. To me he is the new Jim Lee.

Loving the connected covers and Poison Ivy's design.
    If my hunch is correct and the book will start double shipping just for the event, Jorge may not be able to draw every issue for the event so maybe that's why he isn't name dropped.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 05-22-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Magistrate is going to be something of an overarching threat/ big bad for the Gotham set books for a while until it get's to the point where they need avert them taking over Gotham and turning it into some kind of separatist dystopian police state.
    AKA Preventing Future State .

Black Batman dealing with police state sounds like an obvious direction.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Black Batman dealing with police state sounds like an obvious direction.
    I don't know about that. The Magistrate is James Tynion IV's creation. John Ridley should be allowed to go his own direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    No Robin or Nightwing in this event. That's great!!
    Yeah I was just listening to a wordballon interview with Williamson, he confirms that Robin will not crossover with this event and that Damian only comes back post-Fear State.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I don't know about that. The Magistrate is James Tynion IV's creation. John Ridley should be allowed to go his own direction.
    Although it was also a big part of the Future State status quo that Tim's Batman hails from so I think it's probable he could co-opt it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    If Ridley really didn't want to write about the magistrate, it's pretty weird he focused so heavily on them in his batman issues so far. I doubt it's all just editorial telling him to write about that. He's too famous of a writer to just do what they say.

Honestly I'm leaning more towards Ridley because Tynion made it known that he was not originally scheduled to be on Batman this long, he was supposed to leave with issue 100 but the plans changed so he is still going. My assumption given how Ridley in Next Batman has been focusing on the police and a bit of Simon Saint approaching Lucius is that Ridley came up with the magistrate part of Fear State while the Scarecrow story is Tynion's, seeing as how Tynion is the known horror writer, and they combined the story together or something.

I especially think that given how the Fear State story looks to be the big official start to Jace as Batman.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-22-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I'm leaning more towards Ridley because Tynion made it known that he was not originally scheduled to be on Batman this long, he was supposed to leave with issue 100 but the plans changed so he is still going. My assumption given how Ridley in Next Batman has been focusing on the police and a bit of Simon Saint approaching Lucius is that Ridley came up with the magistrate part of Fear State while the Scarecrow story is Tynion's, seeing as how Tynion is the known horror writer, and they combined the story together or something.

I especially think that given how the Fear State story looks to be the big official start to Jace as Batman.
    Although surprisingly he's not on the main visual. Unless there's a version that replaces Bruce with Jace.

Although surprisingly he's not on the main visual. Unless there's a version that replaces Bruce with Jace.
    Hey as someone who likes Jace and rooting for him to stick around, even I knew that Bruce gets top billing. It’s just how it is
    Words to live by.

That's because the main visual is covers from Bruce's book.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I was just listening to a wordballon interview with Williamson, he confirms that Robin will not crossover with this event and that Damian only comes back post-Fear State.
    Yeah both Dick and Damian have been through the ringer and needs fixing. Having their titles crossover with this event would have been ill advised.

I hope they use those bat characters that don't have a stable home in this though. DC has a tendency to go hard on new additions while neglecting what came before or what was successful before

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah both Dick and Damian have been through the ringer and needs fixing. Having their titles crossover with this event would have been ill advised.

I hope they use those bat characters that don't have a stable home in this though. DC has a tendency to go hard on new additions while neglecting what came before or what was successful before
    Well the only other thing he did say without giving any specifics is that this would be a good place to keep an eye on if you care about the Batgirls, not sure if that means Steph and Cassandra get their own series or they are just heavily involved in Fear State but that is what he said.
    Words to live by.

You know as excited as I am to see Jace officially suit up in August there is something else I can't wait to see in this, Bruce's reaction. Because here he is dealing with three villains at once, Peacekeeper, Scarecrow, and Queen Ivy, and just as he is dealing with that here comes a guy wearing official Batman gear who is calling himself Batman.

Words to live by.