Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm excited, excited to see Scarecrow get some marquee headlining treatment in the Batverse.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know as excited as I am to see Jace officially suit up in August there is something else I can't wait to see in this, Bruce's reaction. Because here he is dealing with three villains at once, Peacekeeper, Scarecrow, and Queen Ivy, and just as he is dealing with that here comes a guy wearing official Batman gear who is calling himself Batman.

I don't know why but I get this sense of Bruce and Jace operating independently and having barely anything to do with each other and like constantly passing each other by without interacting .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know why but I get this sense of Bruce and Jace operating independently and having barely anything to do with each other and like constantly passing each other by without interacting .
    There are a lot of Bat-Family characters that the Next Batman has to get acquainted with, I think them meeting is inevitable.

Honestly I just wanted to use that image of face-palm batman
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well the only other thing he did say without giving any specifics is that this would be a good place to keep an eye on if you care about the Batgirls, not sure if that means Steph and Cassandra get their own series or they are just heavily involved in Fear State but that is what he said.
    So I am batman, batgirls..I wonder if anything else will spin out of this event? The teased Outsiders book maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    There are a lot of Bat-Family characters that the Next Batman has to get acquainted with, I think them meeting is inevitable.
    I don't know about has to. Maybe if he was the only Batman.

I guess Babs dated his brother and Tim had...something with his sister? Always seemed kind of complicated.

I don't know about has to. Maybe if he was the only Batman.

I guess Babs dated his brother and Tim had...something with his sister? Always seemed kind of complicated.
    I dunno, I'd say has to. It's not like Wally was the only Flash. Being Batman is still basically like... being part of the namesake of the Batman Family.

But he’s not part of that Batfamily. That’s kind of the point of him being the new Batman. Starting new. They should probably have him start his own Batfamily, rather then adopt or hang around Bruce’s. Meeting the other Bat family characters would just be about trying to get him validation like we saw with FS Nightwing. If they really want validation though they would be better served having him make his Batman his own. Being around Bruce’s family serves against that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-23-2021 at 04:37 PM.

I don’t know. If they made Kate Kane part of the family (I wish they hadn’t), they’ll find a way to make Jace a member too. It’s just a matter of time.

Personally I want to see how he handles the rest of the dc universe, sure anyone can run around in Gotham but what about during alien invasions, magic attacks, time travel, Crises, or any other weird thing that does happen in the dc universe. Is Jace mister prepared for anything like Bruce or will he react very differently when faced with the strangeness that will no doubt grab a hold of Jace now that he’s suiting up.

I mean come on next year is apparently a big crisis level event that will probably involve Darkseid, so how does Jace react to that is my question.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But he’s not part of that Batfamily. That’s kind of the point of him being the new Batman. Starting new. They should probably have him start his own Batfamily, rather then adopt or hang around Bruce’s. Meeting the other Bat family characters would just be about trying to get him validation like we saw with FS Nightwing. If they really want validation though they would be better served having him make his Batman his own. Being around Bruce’s family serves against that.
    He is part of the Bat-Family. He's Batman. I'm sure he'll be a bit disconnected at first, but there's a reason Future State: Nightwing was entirely focused around the Next Batman's dynamic with Grayson.

He's the new Batman. That Batfamily isn't his Batfamily. Having him just step into Bruce's shoes, and hang around all the same people Bruce did, isn't being new. The reason Future State: Nightwing was entirely focused around the Next Batman's dynamic with Grayson was just a shameless attempt to further validate him. That was the entire purpose of the dynamic. To show to readers Dick giving the new guy the ok. But that kind of hand holding is belittling. The point of the next Batman is to start new, so start new. Beyond Black Batman the character sell with Jace as the new Batman is that he's an unknown outsider. A fresh start on someone new and from the outside taking up the mantle. Thats the idea they need to embrace. Not try to pander by thinking fans need to see familiar characters accept him. They might as well just have made Luke the new Batman then.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-23-2021 at 08:40 PM.

He's the new Batman. That Batfamily isn't his Batfamily. Having him just step into Bruce's shoes, and hang around all the same people Bruce did, isn't being new. The reason Future State: Nightwing was entirely focused around the Next Batman's dynamic with Grayson was just a blatant attempt to further validate him. That was the entire purpose of the dynamic. To show to readers Dick giving the new guy the ok. But that kind of hand holding is belittling. The point of the next Batman is to start new, so start new. Beyond Black Batman the character sell with Jace as the new Batman is that he's an unknown outsider. A fresh start on someone new taking up the mantle.
    Jace forming a relationship with the Bat-Family isn't copying Bruce, because he obviously won't have the same dynamic with them. His brother Batwing is literally part of the Bat-Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jace forming a relationship with the Bat-Family isn't copying Bruce, because he obviously won't have the same dynamic with them. His brother Batwing is literally part of the Bat-Family.
    Your missing the point, its about having him blaze his own trail as Batman.

Your missing the point, its about having him blaze his own trail as Batman.
    I'm not missing any point, I just find your point entirely wrong. Him being his own Batman isn't predicated on ignoring an entire part of the Batman mythos.