Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I suppose they mostly wanted to use Jace because he was a complete blank slate, but I don't know if that is really the kind of character you want to try and sell as Batman. But again, I'm not really interested in any of this event stuff so I'm the wrong audience for it.
    Terry McGinnis was a blank slate too.

If this guy is using Comichron, The Next Batman: Second Son #1 sold more than Superman, Batman: Urban Legends, Flash, Action Comics, and Nightwing. And he thinks those are low sales?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Sounds like you haven't seen the next batman second son series? It explains Jace's back story and is in continuity: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...by-john-ridley
    I have read the series during the Overall Future State run early this year, but i havent picked any issue up since then.
    Thats why i thought everything Future State is still a "what could have been" future timeline and not anything that affects main continuity.

Sorry if i missed something or so, i have definitly way too many hobbies, i lose track of certain details once in a while because my focus is on a lot of things over the week.XD

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    If this guy is using Comichron, The Next Batman: Second Son #1 sold more than Superman, Batman: Urban Legends, Flash, Action Comics, and Nightwing. And he thinks those are low sales?
    What are the comichron sales figures for next batman #1?
    Are they accurate since Dc doesn't use Diamond anymore?

Anyway yeah what are the numbers for next Batman?

Does anyone have objective factual figures that can be verified and not subject to spin?
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-24-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What are the comichron sales figures for next batman #1?
    Are they accurate since Dc doesn't use Diamond anymore?

Anyway yeah what are the numbers for next Batman?
    Future State: The Next Batman #1 was the bestseller I'm pretty sure.

The Next Batman: Second Son #1 and the rest of the April books don't have any numbers, it just sold more than Superman, Flash, Harley Quinn, Nightwing, Teen Titans Academy, Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Catwoman, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Wait? Excuse me but have i missed something?

Isnt Jace just in the Future State timeline and I am Batman continues from there?
    Where was the talk about him "replacing" Bruce in any kind of way?

His whole story is running in a different timeline.
    Did i miss some key information on this?
    Let me help if I can and hopefully it will make sense.

Future State is a potential Future, in the potential future Jace is already Batman. So any Future State stories he will already be an experienced Batman. Right now in the present with Next Batman: Second Son, I am Batman, and Fear State we are getting his start as Batman, so this is how he gets to be Batman and theoretically reach the point that we seem him in Future State. Of course this is comics so that future may not actually happen. It's a little confusing I know, but think of the present released books as his origin and the Future State books as what he can potentially grow to be.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Does anyone have objective factual figures that can be verified and not subject to spin?
    Those don't exist. All we have to go off of is Comichron's sales to comic shops list.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Let me help if I can and hopefully it will make sense.

Future State is a potential Future, in the potential future Jace is already Batman. So any Future State stories he will already be an experienced Batman. Right now in the present with Next Batman: Second Son, I am Batman, and Fear State we are getting his start as Batman, so this is how he gets to be Batman and theoretically reach the point that we seem him in Future State. Of course this is comics so that future may not actually happen. It's a little confusing I know, but think of the present released books as his origin and the Future State books as what he can potentially grow to be.
    Ah i get it now, thank you.
    They manage to confuse me despite reading comics for years now and getting used to confusing timelines etc normally.XD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Ah i get it now, thank you.
    They manage to confuse me despite reading comics for years now and getting used to confusing timelines etc normally.XD
    Easiest way to distinguish timelines: Books set in Future State have Future State in the title.

Incredible Member

Yes. This is a debut issue. Number 1 usually sells a ton.
    Harley Quinn and TTA 1 were about in places 15 and 17 when they debuted in March - https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...ics-march-2021

In April, when debuted, Second son was in place 30 (not even top 20) and sold about the same as Nightwing 79 (Nightwing 79 actually sold out and should be higher)
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...ics-april-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Yes. This is a debut issue. Number 1 usually sells a ton.
    Harley Quinn and TTA 1 were about in places 15 and 17 when they debuted in March - https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...ics-march-2021

In April, when debuted, Second son was in place 30 (not even top 20) and sold about the same as Nightwing 79 (Nightwing 79 actually sold out and should be higher)
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...ics-april-2021
    Okay, so it still sold very well. That's the only data we have to go off of. So you're still wrong.

Incredible Member

Again, Robin's debut issue sold well.
    Place 30 for a debut issue isn't "selling well". It just goes downhill from here.

You can see the decline in sales between the 1st and 2nd issue when you look at Harley and TTA in March compared to April.

But we can just wait to see how it sold in May.

Anyway, it also wasn't on Bleeding cool's list of "10 best-selling comics of the week", so it doesn't look promising.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Okay, so it still sold very well. That's the only data we have to go off of. So you're still wrong.
    That isn't a good position for a debut issue for the Next Batman. Floppies often fall pretty hard for Issue 2.

That said, we need to wait to May sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Again, Robin's debut issue sold well.
    Place 30 for a debut issue isn't "selling well". It just goes downhill from here.

You can see the decline in sales between the 1st and 2nd issue when you look at Harley and TTA in March compared to April.

But we can just wait to see how it sold in May.

Anyway, it also wasn't on Bleeding cool's list of "10 best-selling comics of the week", so it doesn't look promising.
    Apparently it sold more than Green Lantern #1, Superman, Action Comics, Flash, and more. I consider that selling well. Regardless, it's a Digital First.

Incredible Member

Well, if we look at the digital-first sales- Second son 12 is place 18 this week on comixology (https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers)

and on Amazon, it's in place *704* for 45-minute comics (Nightwing, Yara flor, Robin, are all in the first 20)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oreType=ebooks
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...r_digital-text

So again, the sales really don't look that great.