Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This Kurt could seriously help David, Krakoa and even Onslaught in record time

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

I will never understand why the ex office is so allergic to any Nightcrawler and Mystique interactions

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/19/ex...cs-way-of-x-5/

Way of X issue 5 solicit/kinda spoilery.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I will never understand why the ex office is so allergic to any Nightcrawler and Mystique interactions
    Because its hard to get around the "literally threw him off a cliff when he was a newborn" thing. And every time she's shown a hint of regret its been a lie or a part of a scheme.

This really isn't the topic for relitigating Moira for the umpteenth time. We still don't have enough details on how and why she died in some of her lives, and for others she was trying to conquer the world by teaming up with genocidal monsters. And don't forget Sinister helped screw her over at least once too. Its reductive to treat it like "humans are such monsters"

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agreed the X-office needs to remember the Summers family is not the only one the X-men have.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Very good solicit and Onslaught classic armor looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Well...that looks most ominous does it not?

This was another enjoyable issue.

Xavier not resurrecting Legion was cold but seeing David bring himself back was gold. Great to see Charles lose some of that control he has as the only person using cerebro.

Also, the fear in Charles when he saw Legion who heard everything his father said could be seen in the panel, kudos to everyone working on the book.

I hope Charles is not aware of Legion's love for Blindfold because the drama would be that much more sweeter.

I have to assume Mystique and Legion will have a conversation in this book because they are in close proximity of each other via Nightcrawler.

Did not see the identity of the Patchwork Man coming, but look forward to finding out more about it.

This book is all about asking questions which I am glad to see because some other X-books have not i.e. I enjoy X-Factor but the discussion on resurrections fell on the back burner IMO

Who do people think is the better father, Xavier or Magneto?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Because its hard to get around the "literally threw him off a cliff when he was a newborn" thing. And every time she's shown a hint of regret its been a lie or a part of a scheme.

This really isn't the topic for relitigating Moira for the umpteenth time. We still don't have enough details on how and why she died in some of her lives, and for others she was trying to conquer the world by teaming up with genocidal monsters. And don't forget Sinister helped screw her over at least once too. Its reductive to treat it like "humans are such monsters"
    Well, technically it is because Legion knows they won't bring Ruth back or any precog because Moira ordered it so.
    He knows Xavier and Lensherr are hiding things, again because of Moira.
    We know they have something cooking before the end comes, most likely because of Moira....just saying!

And yes, why would there be any interactions that are positive between them when she has done a LOT of bad things not just to Kurt but Rogue as well? She abandoned him, hurt his friends, stabbed his sister, broke out his dad from prison after it cost him his place in heaven...how exactly is there to be any happy times between them exactly after all that?

It's just easier to blame baseline humans because "dem the rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    This was another enjoyable issue.

Xavier not resurrecting Legion was cold but seeing David bring himself back was gold. Great to see Charles lose some of that control he has as the only person using cerebro.

Also, the fear in Charles when he saw Legion who heard everything his father said could be seen in the panel, kudos to everyone working on the book.

I hope Charles is not aware of Legion's love for Blindfold because the drama would be that much more sweeter.

I have to assume Mystique and Legion will have a conversation in this book because they are in close proximity of each other via Nightcrawler.

Did not see the identity of the Patchwork Man coming, but look forward to finding out more about it.

This book is all about asking questions which I am glad to see because some other X-books have not i.e. I enjoy X-Factor but the discussion on resurrections fell on the back burner IMO

I don't think the X-men have any good fathers, maybe Cable to Hope, i mean there have to be SOME but i don't think many tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't think the X-men have any good fathers, maybe Cable to Hope, i mean there have to be SOME but i don't think many tbh.
    Beak. The only good father among the X books.

Hard to tell Xavier has been an absent father for David but he tried to help him get better control of his personalities during the Utopia era and didnīt know about Xandra, while he was a good leader and father figure for most of the X-men, especially Scott. But a father figure is not the same than being a father.

Before the retcon: Magneto wronged Wanda and Pietro greatly with the brotherhood(even if he didnīt know they were his children) and in HoM he tried to help Wanda but almost killed Pietro after discovering his part in creating that reality so he understands they donīt want to have any kind of relationship with him but he does try to help them in what he can and while he did a bit better with Lorna, teaching her about her powers on Genosha and naming her his heir but he also was absent for most of her life by his own choice, he was already a brotherhood leader when Lorna was a baby and was there enough to help get her adopted with her motherīs family after her parents died. He was a good father for his first daughter, Anya, who died too young.

So both are not stellar fathers but try to do better sometimes.Both curiously do better with people who are not related to them, I suspect thatīs marvel way of showing "our characters MUST have father issues"

I also think this has to do with the relationship they had with their own parents, Xavierīs father was a distant scientist and his mother became an alcholic after he died and he suffered under his step father autority so even when he tries to be warm, thereīs some distance he puts between himself and other people.

Magneto had a pretty warm and supporting father who was killed along with the rest of his family during WWII, so he has a better idea of what a warm/supporting father looks like but also has too much baggage to deal with himself and others.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-19-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Beak. The only good father among the X books.
    Hmm, you raise a very good point.

This is quickly becoming my favorite X-book. I never thought I'd say this about a book with such a weird collection of characters.
    Spurrier is a great writer and I love his exploration of Krakoan society. I hope this comic is around for a long while as Krakoa really needs some world building.

I really, really dislike all of you onslaught haters. You are not cool. You do not pass go. You do not collect 200$.