Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You know i bought this wed at 6:30 am and still haven't read it yet. Maybe i need to reevaluate somethings. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So are we retconning Varnae and the Darkhold out in favor of Dracula being some hillbilly knock off of Selavith?
    No, there earth vampires are the inbreed child slaves Dracula compared to the superior salavith

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Seems like it is better not trust moral judgement from Wolverine

Wonder how this will fit Blade ongoing story with vampires on Avengers books
    One would assume that, seeing a Blade’s whole thing is vampires and because he actually has something in the works in the next decade that his thing should take precedence

But since it’s Wolverine and the X-books and Avengers competing over the same thing, Sevalith will probably wipe the Vampires out and Wolverine will give Blade some condescending and sure-to-age-poorly speech (eg Emma telling Luke Cage ‘he doesn’t know what it’s like’) while some company man has to rebuild Marvel’s vampire stuff from scratch for Blade’s MCU debut

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but vampires aren't alive. You can't really genocide them.
    Dehumanising the group you want to destroy is the first thing a genocider would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Dehumanising the group you want to destroy is the first thing a genocider would do.
    Are people really arguing for Dracula? You all realize he wanted to take over the world and turn everyone into his slaves right?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Are people really arguing for Dracula? You all realize he wanted to take over the world and turn everyone into his slaves right?
    Dracula? No. But if someone you like has been bitten, I doubt you would be eager to use your ash stake.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I liked the issue a lot. I was glad to see that Louise would be allowed to survive, and not just end up sacrificing herself to stop from becoming a becoming a vampire.
    Using the vampires from Sevalith was kind of clever. But, it did make me wonder why Wolverine hadn't gone to them sooner.
    Interesting that Beast stayed true to his usual jerk self. I really miss the less villainous version of Hank.
    I wont be disappointed if this ends the arch with Dracula. I thought that it had run long enough. But, I got the feeling from reading this issue that there may be more stories involving Dracula later on down the road. Did I miss read something?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    One would assume that, seeing a Blade’s whole thing is vampires and because he actually has something in the works in the next decade that his thing should take precedence

But since it’s Wolverine and the X-books and Avengers competing over the same thing, Sevalith will probably wipe the Vampires out and Wolverine will give Blade some condescending and sure-to-age-poorly speech (eg Emma telling Luke Cage ‘he doesn’t know what it’s like’) while some company man has to rebuild Marvel’s vampire stuff from scratch for Blade’s MCU debut
    LOL Karen telling like it is

The last Avengers issue set up a new story for Blade and the vampires. So there is options:
    1 Wolverine doesn't end the vampires and the species war go wrong.
    2. Sevalith wipe out of the vampires; Aaron or other writer simply ignores what is going on in X-men books.

It is just weird have 2 different books competing forvampires, specially since vampires aren't the hottest thing on Marvel universe

I just can’t get into the whole Vampire thing. It just too fantastical for Wolverine in my opinion. It also hasn’t helped that they’ve had to constantly start and stop this story multiple times. Frankly I think the whole all mutants are welcome in Krakoa has hurt Wolverine the most as most of his really great villains are mutants. Just feels like they’re grasping for enemies at this point.

In the Avengers book, Dracula has successfully leverage his species' cooperation with dealing with the King in Black event (remember it involved a dome that covered the planet and blacked out the sun; vampires were free to do anything and they helped fight Knull off) for recognition of a new Vampire Nation (still unnamed) in Chernobyl. It is a frankly silly plot and I don't like Jason Aaron's writing; but most arguments you can make against it would also apply to mutants and Krakoa. Hell, the X-men have worked with Dracula before too. And he hasn't done anything that dozens of people on Krakoa haven't done, or tried to do.

Even in this very issue you have Wolverine arguing that not all vampires are monsters! That he immediately afterwards goes along with mass poisoning plan (disguised as aid) and starting a race war with their own, shittier versions of vampires is baffling on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    In the Avengers book, Dracula has successfully leverage his species' cooperation with dealing with the King in Black event (remember it involved a dome that covered the planet and blacked out the sun; vampires were free to do anything and they helped fight Knull off) for recognition of a new Vampire Nation (still unnamed) in Chernobyl. It is a frankly silly plot and I don't like Jason Aaron's writing; but most arguments you can make against it would also apply to mutants and Krakoa. Hell, the X-men have worked with Dracula before too. And he hasn't done anything that dozens of people on Krakoa haven't done, or tried to do.

Even in this very issue you have Wolverine arguing that not all vampires are monsters! That he immediately afterwards goes along with mass poisoning plan (disguised as aid) and starting a race war with their own, shittier versions of vampires is baffling on so many levels.
    I think it needs to clarified that A) Wolverine showed hesitation to the plan and B) the Vampire's they attacked were not the good ones. They didn't kill Louise, they helped her so clearly a distinction was made. Dracula was too busy monologuing that they were going to wreck shop to his clan and nobody objected. It's not like they just said screw all vampires, they just took out the obviously evil ones.

That's absolutely fair, and the ones they're fighting are clearly no good. But even if he hesitated, he still went along with the mass poisoning. And starting a race war is pretty terrible solution no matter how you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's absolutely fair, and the ones they're fighting are clearly no good. But even if he hesitated, he still went along with the mass poisoning. And starting a race war is pretty terrible solution no matter how you slice it.
    It’s not a race war though. They just want to stop Dracula and the vamps that want to rule the world. They even enlisted other vamps to help...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'm not dehumanizing them. They are humans, they just aren't alive. They're dead. A part of genocide is wiping out people as in killing them, you can't do that to dead people. Unless of course you mean cultural genocide in which case yes, Wolverine is committing cultural genocide against blood sucking undead.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I just can’t get into the whole Vampire thing. It just too fantastical for Wolverine in my opinion. It also hasn’t helped that they’ve had to constantly start and stop this story multiple times. Frankly I think the whole all mutants are welcome in Krakoa has hurt Wolverine the most as most of his really great villains are mutants. Just feels like they’re grasping for enemies at this point.
    I don’t know, this book since the beginning had a very Larry Hama vibe so I would say it’s actually classic Wolverine, the idea of Wolverine blood being helpful for vampire makes sense and now that he is crossed path with them and knows about their plans it makes sense that as an honorable man he wants to stop them. Also, who wants to read the same sorry forever with the same villains, co characters and so on, it’s boring. As for the fantastical… a mutant with healing powers that has been experimented on by the government secret agency and given an indestructible skeleton of an imaginary material is not something I see everyday while walking the streets, and considered he has been in space and fought Alien and ended up in Hell and has come back from there (multiple times if I am not wrong) vampire are not exactly that far fetched.