Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xmen Monday #107

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/24/x-...auterman-gala/

Russell: Yes! That was the idea — that the looks could be tweaked and used beyond the Gala, if the editors/writers/artists want that.
    Jean and Storm, in particular, could absolutely be translated into regular costumes. I would dial back the drama a bit, and make them more practical (different shoes, etc.). The decision isn’t up to me, but I’d love to see the looks again, and would love to tweak the designs!
    Well i hope that happens cause Jean is in desperate need for a new costume and Russells Gala outfit would be perfect for her.

Last edited by Diammandis; 05-24-2021 at 05:25 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Artist Q&As are better because no-one's wasting time asking for future story details that he obviously can't divulge.

Extraordinary Member

Please switch out Illyana's current costume for her Gala outfit. A black full body-suit just makes so much more sense for her than a belly shirt and short shorts.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Dauterman's Ororo is everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Is that from X-Force?

Every time Russell Dauterman draws an X-Men character, the world is an objectively better place.

Plus, his love for Jean Grey and Storm really shows in the designs he gives them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

SO far Dauterman has done costume variant for Jean, Rogue, Psylocke and now Storm. I'm guessing the next one is Emma or Kitty. Maybe Polaris (but I don't think she has enough costumes to fill an entire cover)

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/24/x-...auterman-gala/

Well i hope that happens cause Jean is in desperate need for a new costume and Russells Gala outfit would be perfect for her.

I would love if editors did that...

with minor tweaks, they could instantly be better costumes then the ones they have now:

-Rogue could just loose the heels, the sunglasses and have a smaller collar.
    -Jean could loose the cape, the heels and the crown effect.
    -Betsy could loose the heels, the make up, the ribbons and have her hair down.

perfection!

Storm should keep her current costume though. It's my all time favorite for her after the Outback one.

The rest wouldn't work as costumes IMO.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-24-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Russell's eyes are captivatingly beauty-full...siiiiigggggghhhhhhh.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-24-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Betsy gala is not a good costume or even a good gala outfit

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see Rogue's be adapted into her regular costume. Tone down the collar, loosen up the hair and lose the heels, perfection.
    Colossus is another that should keep that as his regular look. Could you imagine that coming at you?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I actually don't want to see these mutant couture outfits translated to regular in-the-field costumes. For the most part, I do like what the heroes are wearing now. Except for Rogue...the same way some Jean fans hate her green minidress, that's how I feel about Rogue's Jim Lee design. I would love for her to go back to her first classic green and white look but in a darker green.

...And what's with the objection of female superheroes in some form of heels?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I actually don't want to see these mutant couture outfits translated to regular in-the-field costumes. For the most part, I do like what the heroes are wearing now. Except for Rogue...the same way some Jean fans hate her green minidress, that's how I feel about Rogue's Jim Lee design. I would love for her to go back to her first classic green and white look but in a darker green.

...And what's with the objection of female superheroes in some form of heels?
    Quoted for truth. A real Claremont lady wouldn't be caught dead without high heels:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    SO far Dauterman has done costume variant for Jean, Rogue, Psylocke and now Storm. I'm guessing the next one is Emma or Kitty. Maybe Polaris (but I don't think she has enough costumes to fill an entire cover)
    If the goal is simply filling a cover with every costume a character's ever worn, Lorna's got enough for an entire cover. uncannyxmen.net lists 15 costumes and it's not even a full accounting. Doesn't include House of M, doesn't include her ORIGINAL original with the gold, doesn't include things like Exiles or Mutant X (if AUs count), etc.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)