Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

The art has gone from bad to worse. Don't like the art of this new artist at all.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ns-new-mutants

On June 16, the New Mutants will attend Krakoa’s social event of the year: the Hellfire Gala. But it might be an awkward occasion for the second generation of Charles Xavier’s students. The Hellfire Gala is a celebration of the Hellfire Trading Company, which is largely run by the White Queen, Emma Frost. During the New Mutants’ earliest years at Xavier’s school, Frost and her Hellfire Club were their enemies. Now, there are few mutants more instrumental to the success of Krakoa than Frost. And if there are any lingering feelings of resentment then the New Mutants had better get over them.
    Huh? Didn't Dani and Karma serve as teachers under Emma and didn't Magik serve as her teammate for years? Why would there suddenly be bad blood over what happened in the 80s? People were angry at Emma over what she did in the Lemire and Rosenberg runs, not for anything that happened back in the Claremont days, and they've even moved past those more recent infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Huh? Didn't Dani and Karma serve as teachers under Emma and didn't Magik serve as her teammate for years? Why would there suddenly be bad blood over what happened in the 80s? People were angry at Emma over what she did in the Lemire and Rosenberg runs, not for anything that happened back in the Claremont days, and they've even moved past those more recent infractions.
    People hold sh!t in for years...be smiling in your face while holding poison for you in their heart
    GrindrStone(D)

Warlock being treated like a servant. I wonder if he is going to go rogue. I wish he would leave Krakoa and become bffs with Franklin.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 05-20-2021 at 04:43 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Emma murdered people, and of the New Mutants, tried to exploit their trauma to increase her ranks. Hell, she was at least partially responsible for Empath sexually assaulting two of their teachers.

Emma switching sides seemed to be more her crying "Muh students!" than any actual penance or acknowledgement of her past actions and murders. She's never answered for her past actions in a meaningful way, because she's smugger than anyone else, and protected by the narrative.

For the longest time, the Hellfire Club were racial traitors and Emma acted as such.

As for Dani serving as a teacher? When Dani lost her powers, Emma kicked her to the curb, after which several of Dani's students were killed and Wither fell in with Selene.

There are plenty of legit reasons to dislike Emma, I just wish that the narrative would allow them to be treated as fair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Emma murdered people, and of the New Mutants, tried to exploit their trauma to increase her ranks. Hell, she was at least partially responsible for Empath sexually assaulting two of their teachers.

Emma switching sides seemed to be more her crying "Muh students!" than any actual penance or acknowledgement of her past actions and murders. She's never answered for her past actions in a meaningful way, because she's smugger than anyone else, and protected by the narrative.

For the longest time, the Hellfire Club were racial traitors and Emma acted as such.

As for Dani serving as a teacher? When Dani lost her powers, Emma kicked her to the curb, after which several of Dani's students were killed and Wither fell in with Selene.

There are plenty of legit reasons to dislike Emma, I just wish that the narrative would allow them to be treated as fair.
    Dani and Emma used to constantly clash over the direction of the school with Dani wanting into be a regular school with full time teachers whose students happened to be mostly mutants and Emma basically acting like it was a training ground for future X-men. While did eventually acknowledge that Dani was right about the school needing full time teachers and was even willing to hire humans, M-day happened and she defaulted to overprotective mode.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Emma murdered people, and of the New Mutants, tried to exploit their trauma to increase her ranks. .
    Ass did Xavier with Kid Vulcan and his KraKoa rescue mission team
    Emma switching sides seemed to be more her crying "Muh students!" than any actual penance or acknowledgement of her past actions and murders. She's never answered for her past actions in a meaningful way, because she's smugger than anyone else, and protected by the narrative..
    Almost all the Hellions died....I feel thats plenty
    For the longest time, the Hellfire Club were racial traitors and Emma acted as such. .
    No....they weren't????
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    No....they weren't????
    They manufactured Sentinels and treated other mutants as a commodity.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    They manufactured Sentinels and treated other mutants as a commodity.
    Shaw did, but was Emma part of that?
    My flag is bacon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Almost all the Hellions died....I feel thats plenty
    How so?

All joking aside, she and her Hellions were targeted out of nowhere by the Upstarts. She didn't provoke them, fund them, etc. No real karma payback there.

But she did kill her henchmen in her very first appearance, murdered Firestar's bodyguard and intended to send her on a suicide run against Selene.

She didn't change her MO so much as she simply changed alliances and kept being the same old b*tch

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Shaw did, but was Emma part of that?
    Emma enabled Mastermind to attack the phoenix. So she helped kill an entire alien race.

Hell, Emma's first appearance she tried to mentally enslave Storm (as one does, when they are a Claremont villain)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Warlock being treated like a servant. I wonder if he is going to go rogue. I wish he would leave Krakoa and become bffs with Franklin.
    Actually I prefer Hickman's portrayal of Cypher with Warlock as part of his arm. Now that Cypher's married, does that mean he doesn't have that cool arm anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Actually I prefer Hickman's portrayal of Cypher with Warlock as part of his arm. Now that Cypher's married, does that mean he doesn't have that cool arm anymore?
    It's not because Cypher is married, it was a really bad kept secret. They were afraid Warlock would not be well received

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Just realized Karma's still got a metal leg. I wonder what that means for the crucible issue?
    He got arrested for hate crime.

https://youtu.be/Bev68yefNHs?t=104

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not because Cypher is married, it was a really bad kept secret. They were afraid Warlock would not be well received
    Why would they not receive Warlock? Isn't he a mutant as well?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why would they not receive Warlock? Isn't he a mutant as well?
    Did you just like completely gloss over/not read house/powers of X?