Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think there's potential for someone to craft a good yarn out of Injustice. I mean, Taylor did his best, but he was stuck with the truly abysmal video game costumes and a dodgy mixed bag of artists.

I'm curious if they can make this work, but the slap-dash scripts of Superman: Man of Tomorrow and JSA: WW2 don't exactly engender confidence that the current producers of the DC Animated Movies are necessarily the best guys when it comes to quality control.
    This seems like it will mostly be drawing from Taylor's material to begin with so other than a consistent art style I'm not sure how much will be different.

I wouldn't really be worried about the producers since this isn't being produced or run by Butch Lukic's team. This is more like Soul of the Dragon or a side-film series than the main DCU line (I don't think MoT had a slap-dash script and haven't seen WW2 though).
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I feel bad to say this, but when Homelander and Omni-Man get into fights, I end up rooting for those bastards. Since they're both very obvious stand-ins for Superman, the last thing I want to see in addition to their being evil is that they can't get stuff done. These ersatz Supermen already have egregious moral flaws, and they don't need to be saddled with another big one (incompetence).
    Even when Omni-Man was fighting Mark? Although other than not killing Batman Regime!Superman's basically won up until the main versions show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even when Omni-Man was fighting Mark? Although other than not killing Batman Regime!Superman's basically won up until the main versions show up.
    Spoilers for Invincible, I guess.

Yeah, shame on me for rooting for him to beat Mark and wanting the murderous bad guy to win .

Basically, Omni-Man is an experienced and fully-powered fighter who had nearly no moral conflicts with beating up his own family. Mark was inexperienced and clearly held back in fighting. It was David vs. Goliath, except if David was a pacifist and never learned how to use a sling properly.

The way Invincible and Omni-Man's fight ended was the only narratively satisfying way to end. Invincible's odds were really, really poor that Omni-Man would either have to blow it massively through some deus ex machina or tank the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Spoilers for Invincible, I guess.

Yeah, shame on me for rooting for him to beat Mark and wanting the murderous bad guy to win .

Basically, Omni-Man is an experienced and fully-powered fighter who had nearly no moral conflicts with beating up his own family. Mark was inexperienced and clearly held back in fighting. It was David vs. Goliath, except if David was a pacifist and never learned how to use a sling properly.

The way Invincible and Omni-Man's fight ended was the only narratively satisfying way to end. Invincible's odds were really, really poor that Omni-Man would either have to blow it massively through some deus ex machina or tank the fight.
    I mean, I get it, narratively there was no way for Mark to win in a straight-up fight, I'm just saying...that doesn't necessarily mean we should want Omni-Man to win .

Maybe because I've read all of Invincible I don't consider Omni-Man to be in the same category as Injustice or The Boys. They aren't straying too far from the comics beyond reorganizing some events, so there's a lot of story left there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Maybe because I've read all of Invincible I don't consider Omni-Man to be in the same category as Injustice or The Boys. They aren't straying too far from the comics beyond reorganizing some events, so there's a lot of story left there.
    Yeah, but I think we're talking specifically in the context of what was adapted in the first season.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    So is it a thing now to make Catwoman black or something, because she wasn't black in the comics or the video games of this.
    Some will make a point of Halleberry and the 1966 TV show, but it's because the HQ show made her black. Matt Reeves's Batman is pushing. So, we should expect more black Catwoman.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Does it matter even if, like the game, this takes off and is hugely popular? Let's say people's worst fears are realized - there's no good Superman in this, Batgod kicks bad Superman's butt, it does gangbusters more than any other DTV in this line, and heck it even gets the greenlight for a sequel or two, my question is does that really affect us and Superman? It's not the only Superman content out there, it's not the defining version out there. We got Superman & Lois, we're getting My Adventures with Superman animated series, there's going to be a black Superman reboot movie, there's an animated Super-Pets movie with Krypto coming, and there's even a chance Cavill might come back to film if Dwayne Johnson gets his way. I mean, with all this, why the laser focus hate and attention on a videogame about an evil superman getting a DTV movie? Did somebody take the game disc and use it to cut all the wires in your house or beat your dog with the hardbound copy of the books?

It just seems like a lot of whining over one small thing when we're getting some other cool ****.
    Aside from Krypto, I don't care about none of the upcoming Superman projects.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Some will make a point of Halleberry and the 1966 TV show, but it's because the HQ show made her black. Matt Reeves's Batman is pushing. So, we should expect more black Catwoman.
    I don't see why everyone else has to be sheep and go along with that. If Catwoman can be "all races" the others ought to make her different ethnicities then.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I don't see why everyone else has to be sheep and go along with that. If Catwoman can be "all races" the others ought to make her different ethnicities then.
    They have. She's white in Long Halloween isnt she? Naya Rivera wasnt white.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Aside from Krypto, I don't care about none of the upcoming Superman projects.
    Really? To each their own, I'm pretty hyped for My Adventures with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Really? To each their own, I'm pretty hyped for My Adventures with Superman.
    That's the one I don't care about lol. I'm hyped for the others (including JJ's offering to a degree).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That's the one I don't care about lol. I'm hyped for the others (including JJ's offering to a degree).
    Everyone's got different tastes, I've no interest in the JJ Abrams reboot but MBJ's Val Zod HBO Max thing (not sure if film or series?) has my attention. Super Pets might be fun. Superman & Lois is...okay I guess. It has some good Superman moments, but I'm just never going to feel the small town family drama aspects of it (which sadly is a lot of it).

Incredible Member

I'm just waiting for My Adventure With Superman so that I can get that sweet, sweet "Reporter Clark Kent" content that the current era is sidelining, plus the Clark-Lois-Jimmy trio.

I think the thing about this project that intrigues me the most is how they're going to address questions about the following in the leadup to the movie's release.
    Attached Images Attached Images