Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 445

Thread: Injustice movie

  1. #406
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Boys, stop fighting between yourselves. This is what NRS wants!


    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  2. #407
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    Holy fucking fuck, the smugness of some fans so tickled pink that something for other fans was shat on. Look, it's fine if you don't like Injustice, but do you have to celebrate that the film for fans of the games was bad? Like seriously, people here act more on the principle of Superdickery than Supermanners I guess.

    Edit: Holy crap! And I posted that before reading the rest of the thread. Just one big heaping pile of smug pettiness this thread is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, this works in my favor whenever anyone says the Elseworlds films are better than the in-continuity stuff .
    Not really. 99% of the elseworlds are still better than their shared universe films, even if one movie happens to be the exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Frontier… it’s me. You really think I would ever recommend giving views on anything Injustice even if it was “good”? Guess wait and see if Valkanai likes it or not. I can’t give an assessment.
    Who the heck is Valkanai? They better change their name though, sounds like they copying me.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 10-15-2021 at 07:53 PM.

  3. #408
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Boys, stop fighting between yourselves. This is what NRS wants!
    cue mortal kombat music...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

  4. #409
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really. 99% of the elseworlds are still better than their shared universe films, even if one movie happens to be the exception.
    I don't think that's absolutely true, but to each their own .

  5. #410
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,422

    Default

    I am of the mind that the elseworld,main world and new world thing all should be scrapped.It's nonsense anyways.They all should be treated like "a take" on particular characters. An adaptation..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

  6. #411
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am of the mind that the elseworld,main world and new world thing all should be scrapped.It's nonsense anyways.They all should be treated like "a take" on particular characters. An adaptation..
    They pretty much are. It's just some just so happen to be in the same continuity as each other or are completely standalone.

  7. #412
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's absolutely true, but to each their own .
    Yes, to each their own. Different tastes for different folk. As I recall, you loved the previous shared universe and I hated it. Meanwhile I like the new universe alright, even if I feel like TLH "adaptation" was an adaptation only and did the source material dirty, whereas you thought it was great. Going to be honest...I can't name a single time where you complained about anything, ever. Which makes it hard to say do the "you like so and so but I like such and such" when the only differences are the things I dislike since the things I do actually like you usually also like, or at least never say you dislike. Anyways, pointless rambling, I still think the Elseworlds are better a higher percentage of the time than the "in continuity" stuff (as if continuity matters when this is all just secondary "other media" anyways), but to each their own.



    As for this, I'm not going to pirate it so haven't seen it yet - but I am really fucking upset with this thread. I'm not a huge IJ fan (not a gamer, only read like the first two "Years" of the book) but all this pettiness on display here frankly disgusts me. I don't care how people feel about the story, being happy that other fans' toy was shitty is just ugly and not very Super at all.

  8. #413
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They pretty much are. It's just some just so happen to be in the same continuity as each other or are completely standalone.
    i can understand that, but a continuity shouldn't be more "sacred" is what i am saying
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

  9. #414
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,132

    Default

    Is this a thread where it would be appropriate to talk about the individual character portrayals (betrayals mostly IMO) in the Injustice verse? Or how if any way exists for a Superman turns evil thing would actually play out?

  10. #415
    Astonishing Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    I’m not really sure what this says about Superman as a character, since it’s not, strictly speaking, him.

  11. #416
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Holy fucking fuck, the smugness of some fans so tickled pink that something for other fans was shat on. Look, it's fine if you don't like Injustice, but do you have to celebrate that the film for fans of the games was bad? Like seriously, people here act more on the principle of Superdickery than Supermanners I guess.

    Edit: Holy crap! And I posted that before reading the rest of the thread. Just one big heaping pile of smug pettiness this thread is.



    Not really. 99% of the elseworlds are still better than their shared universe films, even if one movie happens to be the exception.



    Who the heck is Valkanai? They better change their name though, sounds like they copying me.
    How do you know it is bad?

  12. #417
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,132

    Default

    Sooooooooooo I don't see what is do terrible about the adaptation. Over six years worth of comics stories and more than 4 hours of cinematics were adapted. The changes made were understandable. I haven't finished but 2/3 of the way in and I am not mad at it. Wonder Woman is still reduced to the most basic of Basic B!+ch and Eve tropes but at least some of the more damning elements from the game cinematics are deleted.

  13. #418
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Sooooooooooo I don't see what is do terrible about the adaptation. Over six years worth of comics stories and more than 4 hours of cinematics were adapted. The changes made were understandable. I haven't finished but 2/3 of the way in and I am not mad at it. Wonder Woman is still reduced to the most basic of Basic B!+ch and Eve tropes but at least some of the more damning elements from the game cinematics are deleted.
    Good Superman showing up, getting stomped and then Lois pops in from another universe, tells Clark "you're a dick. Is this what you want?" and suddenly he cries, asks what he's done, puts his hand over her tummy and lets loose one single tear all so we can end on Batman essentially saying "maybe we all deserve a second chance" and then making out with Catwoman is pretty bad. So much so it's genuinely funny. lol
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

  14. #419
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Good Superman showing up, getting stomped and then Lois pops in from another universe, tells Clark "you're a dick. Is this what you want?" and suddenly he cries, asks what he's done, puts his hand over her tummy and lets loose one single tear all so we can end on Batman essentially saying "maybe we all deserve a second chance" and then making out with Catwoman is pretty bad. So much so it's genuinely funny. lol
    That's how it ends?

    Or is this a joke?

  15. #420
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's how it ends?

    Or is this a joke?
    that is how it ends.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •