Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It added no nuance.Clark is plain jobber villain for bruce.Bruces "crippling" people wouldn't give any merit to clark and his way.why?cause he straight decided for genocide as a "solution".The story is made for batman fans.It is batman story with him as protagonist.Let's not dance around that.Also superman as an ip has many problems and popularity of evil or villain superman is understandable.But,batman franchise straight up eats other franchises.

it has batman making Supergirl his new robin and beating up superman by himself.I would say they would have balls if they tried to have superman ending canon.They didn't.Heck!i would have appreciated kara taking down superman.But,that didn't happen either.Batgod is incorruptible.Why?not because of some philosophical truths.But, because His fanbase are built around that concept.
    None of that happened in Injustice 2 the comics. Pay attention

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not if they do the comics. Injustice 2 calls out Batman for being a hypocrite who places winning above the safety of the world. It adds a lot more nuance to the story making it less black and white.

Batman isn't incorruptible in the Injustice 2.
    I'd want them to avoid the comics like the plague since it would involve some of the blame for Superman's problems being shifted to Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor being a Nazi.

And the comics involve Alfred kicking the **** out of Superman, so nuance aside they are still bringing the Bat Verse > Super Verse crap to a new ridiculous level
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 05-24-2021 at 08:01 AM.

A it's a cw show.It's superman.that kinda drama is what makes the character now.
    It's not how Flash or Supergirl do it. It isn't how Arrow did it (hell, they even wrote out his kid for the longest time, and only brought him back as an adult through time travel - sound familiar?). I mean, yeah it is the CW and stupid drama is what they do. But still, this is distinctly different from their other superhero outings...and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd prefer it be more like the other CW DC shows if it gets the kids dumped out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd want them to avoid the comics like the plague since it would involve some of the blame for Superman's problems being shifted to Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor being a Nazi.

And the comics involve Alfred kicking the **** out of Superman, so nuance aside they are still bringing the Bat Verse > Super Verse crap to a new ridiculous level
    I think that's more of a character thing than a franchise thing, just because Alfred's Alfred and not because he was a Bat-character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's not how Flash or Supergirl do it. It isn't how Arrow did it (hell, they even wrote out his kid for the longest time, and only brought him back as an adult through time travel - sound familiar?). I mean, yeah it is the CW and stupid drama is what they do. But still, this is distinctly different from their other superhero outings...and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd prefer it be more like the other CW DC shows if it gets the kids dumped out.
    At least SM&L handle that aspect (and other aspects) far better than those shows did in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's more of a character thing than a franchise thing, just because Alfred's Alfred and not because he was a Bat-character..
    I don't see why that matters, since it's the same end result

Yeah, the comics are where Injustice earns and deserves it's reputation as a massive "Bat-characters are better than your favorites. Deal with it loser" franchise.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-24-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't see why that matters, since it's the same end result
    I mean, just from intention I think it was more character-based than just because Alfred is part of the Bat-franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, the comics are where Injustice earns and deserves it's reputation as a massive "Bat-characters are better than your favorites. Deal with it loser" franchise.
    Although to be fair, Nightwing is killed by a rock, Damian goes off the rails, etc. so it's not like they don't take their lumps either.

I mean, just from intention I think it was more character-based than just because Alfred is part of the Bat-franchise.

Although to be fair, Nightwing is killed by a rock, Damian goes off the rails, etc. so it's not like they don't take their lumps either.
    Yeah, poor Bat-franchise. Being largely portrayed as heroic underdogs and Harley Quinn getting off scot free. Truly the most done dirty of Injustice. Step aside decimated GL Corps and boot-licking misandrist Amazons.

(Nightwing's death was dumb as hell, I'll grant you that).
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-24-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Incredible Member

Nightwing's death is so dumb I find it impossible to not love it.

And yep, Injustice is all Bat-verse > Super-verse >>>>>> everything else. But hey, Superman-merged-with-Brainiac-tech in Injustice 2 was cool, so here's hoping something's done with that.

The only thing out of Injustice and Injustice 2 I actually liked; Lobo becoming a Green Lantern. Him vs the Red Lanterns was a golden highlight to an otherwise dreary series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, poor Bat-franchise. Being largely portrayed as heroic underdogs and Harley Quinn getting off scot free. Truly the most done dirty of Injustice. Step aside decimated GL Corps and boot-licking misandrist Amazons.

(Nightwing's death was dumb as hell, I'll grant you that).
    Looking at the TV Tropes page, it looks like Tim didn't fare well either. But presumably Dick and Tim at least die as themselves, so they are in far better positions than Steve and the Amazons.

Alternatively, Dick realized how stupid this whole thing was and took his opportunity to get out while he could

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ok.pretend i am dc writer.I love bibbo biwoski (bar none favourite character in the franchise).I am gonna have him outsmart batman,nightwing,...etc rest of his family.Leave them feeling like idiots.Would they allow that?Nope! they would not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Never saw any of the other dc shows.I outgrew cw with smallville.So,i can't say.From what i heard and bits/pieces i saw it's just drama..I primarily decided to give it a go because of jon.He is given less,So i only see the stuff that's relevant to me.I outgrew mainstream superman last year.So,i skip Superman stuff.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I think that's more of a character thing than a franchise thing, just because Alfred's Alfred and not because he was a Bat-character.

At least SM&L handle that aspect (and other aspects) far better than those shows did in my opinion.
    Yes, it's a higher quality better written show - but at the expense of going in a direction that really doesn't interest me. Sometimes a show that handles it's material much worse is better than a show that handles its material much better, if the poorly handled material is more interesting than the really dull material that's being handled well. Superman & Lois is an example of one of the least interesting things you could possibly do with Superman (mileage may vary, tastes differ, just personally for me) done very, very well.

A worse show that at least does a take I'm interested in would kind of be more welcome to me. Supergirl is a bad show, worse than this, but I personally enjoy it more in between the action scenes. Here I'm kind of tuning out during the whole Jon and whatever his brother is named bits (and I don't even recall which one is Jon). Like I'm watching those parts, but it just doesn't register to me because it's not what I'm interested in.

But to each their own.

Never saw any of the other dc shows.I outgrew cw with smallville.So,i can't say.From what i heard and bits/pieces i saw it's just drama..I primarily decided to give it a go because of jon.He is given less,So i only see the stuff that's relevant to me.I outgrew mainstream superman last year.So,i skip Superman stuff.
    Well, good for you I guess. I however have not "outgrown" mainstream Superman and have absolutely no interest in Jon, so much of this show can't connect to me because it'd require connecting with the sons...which I just can't do.

yeah very worried about this one.. it's totally gonna be Batgod saving the universe, right? sigh