Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's how it ends?

Or is this a joke?
    You've read my work. I can't make that **** up.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Good Superman showing up, getting stomped and then Lois pops in from another universe, tells Clark "you're a dick. Is this what you want?" and suddenly he cries, asks what he's done, puts his hand over her tummy and lets loose one single tear all so we can end on Batman essentially saying "maybe we all deserve a second chance" and then making out with Catwoman is pretty bad. So much so it's genuinely funny. lol
    They couldn't even let Good!Superman win (poor Darren Criss).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If you guys really want "Go beyond,plus ultra" moment from good superman.Stick to my hero..You ain't getting that from dc anytime..
    It might be a cliche...But,dammit! the guys got heart.These guys believe being good means being toothless.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

So apparently the reason they killed off Flash is because they didn't want him to be around so he could go back in time...even though he never does that at all in the Injustice universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If you guys really want "Go beyond,plus ultra" moment from good superman.Stick to my hero..You ain't getting that from dc anytime..
    It might be a cliche...But,dammit! the guys got heart.These guys believe being good means being toothless.
    I'm not really sure where All Might fits into it. I mean, a good fight where Superman actually wins is a good fight Superman actually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So apparently the reason they killed off Flash is because they didn't want him to be around so he could go back in time...even though he never does that at all in the Injustice universe?

I'm not really sure where All Might fits into it. I mean, a good fight where Superman actually wins is a good fight Superman actually wins.
    There’s no good reason why he doesn’t though. He just says they deserve the state they’re in which is idiotic. Injustice is just profoundly dumb and requires numerous characters to be stupid to work.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s no good reason why he doesn’t though. He just says they deserve the state they’re in which is idiotic. Injustice is just profoundly dumb and requires numerous characters to be stupid to work.
    I guess that was from Taylor's comic? I mean, to be honest, I feel like they were worried about it just because time travel and screwing with the timeline seems to be Barry's go-to move nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol, so Flash is in the “wouldn’t kill baby Hitler” camp.

I know this is an alternate universe, but if DC keeps creating stories like these, it will damage my perception of certain characters.

Harley Quinn makes it out of this film unscathed.

Damian is pretty horrible in this film, even by his standards. And the ending is by no means redemption for him. Hell, it makes things worse.

Green Arrow doesn't come off looking amazing either.

I know some enjoyed Mr. Terrific in this film, but I thought that scene with Superman felt forced and rushed to mirror a moment from the comics. The film had an opportunity to write something special it fell flat to me. It felt like something a regular person would say, not a super genius.

As for Batman and Superman, it's just a bad film. I don't ding those characters for it. However, I'm kind of at the point where they can't be best friends anymore. Superman should be best friends with Jimmy Olsen or John Henry Irons or another superhero. And Batman either shouldn't have a best friend, or it's someone in the Batfamily.

DC used to be bright and sunny outside of Bat-books. Now Marvel is the optimistic Universe? This world is unpredictable.
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-20-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Nothing in this ridiculous movie should be a surprise.

To me it is the natural outcome of the faulty premise.
    I am hopeful that it will be such a disaster, that we will not
    have to hear about this vehicle anymore.

I am fearful that it will attract enough attention that a second
    offering will come in the future.

Astonishing Member

Apparently India is not happy about something to do with Kashmir in this movie, they're protesting DC/Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Apparently India is not happy about something to do with Kashmir in this movie, they're protesting DC/Superman.
    Supes goes and “solves” the dispute by force. Palestinians and Israelis were pissed at Taylor for a scene where Superman also forces a peace accord between the two. Frankly that pleases me, hopefully it puts off DC from touching the franchise again for a while.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can't imagine why a direct-to-video animated adaptation of some video game tie-in comics probably wasn't the best place to touch upon real life ongoing conflicts.

I dunno what to think about these scenes. I can appreciate using a real-world example of a conflict for context, but as we see, these sort of things can be really touchy. Probably one of those instances when they should've resorted to using fake countries. But I don't think story creators should feel that restricted from using real-world examples or else they'll get canceled.

Re: Flash, that seems like a CYA answer when the real one was Flash didn't fit the story they wanted to tell, so they found another use for him.

Edit: To clarify, I'm saying they could've played it safe and just used make-believe countries. You don't have to worry about stepping on toes that way. On the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily good for artistic expression when the creators tried to give (what I thought was) a neutral take of the situation at hand, and people want to protest the movie and the company because the movie doesn't take their point of view as absolute fact.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 10-20-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Well that's troubling to hear.

I forget, did Supergirl intervene in a real conflict in Unbound?