Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Feel free to quit bumping it and head over to the DC sub forums thread, that’s where the discussion for this movie should take place anyway.

What an original thought. Bet you’d be upset about an All-Star Batman and Robin adaption though.
    I doubt it. I find there is some overlap between people who like Injustice and people who like stuff like ASBAR.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gods and Monsters didn't have an evil Superman.
    It depends on how you view it.People who see the world in just good and evil in absolute fashion most likely will compare the character with main version.Then dub the guy evil or atleast divergent.I mean,look at the scene posted.the guy decides to head towards the epicenter of the force field rather than stop to help the people there.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Amazing Member

I hope there is not good Superman from other universe i hope Bats defeats Superman in a epic battle

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    A bunch of movies already came out that had zero to do with "main" universe or "elseworld"
    What do you mean? Main universe or elseworld, there is nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Eh...what a slippery slope you're proposing. I like the DCU films, but come on, you and I both are aware of the significant amount of backlash they're receiving. There's such a thing as too early.
    Yes and no - the only "multiverse" film they're receiving backlash over is the Flash, and that's mostly from Flash fans upset that it's become more a Flash and Batmen and Supergirl movie with few Flash characters and no villains. Their actual multiverse films though that's unconnected to the DCEU? Joker made a billion dollars and won multiple awards and was nominated for oodles more, and most of the news/opinions on the upcoming The Batman is super positive with a lot of anticipation and excitement. Really, it's been more their recent shared universe movies that have done poorly. And there's a lot of opinions on why that is - lingering damage from Snyder's films, moving away from Snyder's vision, lack of "connecting together" despite sharing a universe, the R rating on two of them (BOP, TSS), the pandemic for two of them (WW84, TSS), etc. But the multiverse doesn't really seem to be getting backlash just judging by how well Joker did and the general hype for The Batman. The Flash is the only one really up for debate, and again there's other things kind of driving the focus on the talk about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What an original thought. Bet you’d be upset about an All-Star Batman and Robin adaption though.
    I know a lot of Batman fans hate that story, but I'd love an adaptation of it. I found the comic a hoot! But...it'd be a bit unsatisfactory for most of the general audience though, just because the story never actually got an ending. So I don't think WB would do it. I guess they could change some thing around to give it an ending that the comic never did, I'd be curious to see how they'd handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What do you mean? Main universe or elseworld, there is nothing else.
    I meant,they just made a movies not worriying about all that junk.

Theatrical cut has been a long time ago.A bunch of movies already came out that had zero to do with "main" universe or "elseworld".
    Only one film to date is an elseworld, only one coming up is outside the DCEU, and one will deal with the multiverse inside the DCEU. There's a difference between movies not "universe building/connecting" and "having zero to do" with the main universe. Outside of Joker and the Snyder Cut, literally all the films have been in the main universe so far. Outside of The Batman and the streaming shows spinning off it, all announced future movies are in the main universe.

I wonder if evil Superman will be more popular then good Superman one day
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Only one film to date is an elseworld, only one coming up is outside the DCEU, and one will deal with the multiverse inside the DCEU. There's a difference between movies not "universe building/connecting" and "having zero to do" with the main universe. Outside of Joker and the Snyder Cut, literally all the films have been in the main universe so far. Outside of The Batman and the streaming shows spinning off it, all announced future movies are in the main universe.
    It doesn't feel like a universe or a multiverse or whatever.So for me, they all are just stand alone movies.That's it.Them saying this main universe and that's elseworld,what not.doesn't mean anything to me.Either way they could make injustice live action anytime they want.They aren't following some grand road map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It could happen.I mean,superman for so long has been this rigid character for the most part with little flexibility.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-24-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I doubt that highly.

It depends on how you view it.People who see the world in just good and evil in absolute fashion most likely will compare the character with main version.Then dub the guy evil or atleast divergent.I mean,look at the scene posted.the guy decides to head towards the epicenter of the force field rather than stop to help the people there.
    The only way people can call Hernan evil is if they didn't pay attention to the film.

It doesn't feel like a universe or a multiverse or whatever.So for me, they all are just stand alone movies.That's it.Them saying this main universe and that's elseworld,what not.doesn't mean anything to me.Either way they could make injustice live action anytime they want.They aren't following some grand road map.
    It's still a shared universe, whatever people may feel about the lack of connections. But I agree with you, if they wanted to make a live action Injustice movie, they would. But I don't think they want to. Outside of a very few, specific cases all of their films seem to be shared universe. Like the films outside that universe involve the characters they messed up - Leto's Joker was awful, so we got the Phillips and Phoenix Joker movie. Their main universe Batman fell apart, so we're getting Reeves and Pattinson's The Batman. They hate Cavill, for reasons, so we're getting Abrams and Coates' black Clark Kent period piece Superman movie (I forgot about that movie when listing them earlier). So the only other character right now that I could see them doing outside the DCEU with that understanding of the DCEU version not working for reasons, would be Cyborg. And I don't really see that happening...

Oh wait, Lex! I could see them doing a Lex movie, taking the same risk they did with Joker. That's about it though. I think everything/one outside of Superman, Batman, and Joker (and maybe Lex) they view as needing to be in a shared universe (Snyder's Cut was a weird one time dealie cause covid and streaming content needs). So an Injustice live action movie won't happen. Introducing the Multiverse in the Flash is clearly just to replace Affleck with Keaton so old Batman can give a supporting push for DCEU Batfam movies like Batgirl, and replacing Superman with Supergirl to give DCEU that Super presence while continuing to give Cavill the middle finger for...reasons (I dunno why they hate the guy, but they do).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The only way people can call Hernan evil is if they didn't pay attention to the film.
    Suit yourself...i would say one thing though.People have different mindsets on morality you know.

I meant,they just made a movies not worriying about all that junk.
    If that's true, then that's probably one of the main things wrong with it.