Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Default Injustice movie

DC gets us optimistic about Superman and then sucker punch us with this.

One of DC's most popular Elseworlds tales is officially getting the film treatment. On Wednesday, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment confirmed that an Injustice animated movie will be the next title in the studio's slate of animated films, spinning out of the popular video game and comic series of the same name. An advanced sneak peek of the film will be available as part of the upcoming home release for Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/in...ted-announced/

Who asked for this?
    Last edited by Kara Danvers; 05-19-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    DC gets us optimistic about Superman and then sucker punch us with this.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/in...ted-announced/

Who asked for this?
    Well, it's "just" an animated movie, which has a niche audience that probably largely overlaps with Injustice gamers and the comic readers, so I'm not especially disappointed, just disappointed.

I'm not mad. Just disappointed. It was honestly inevitable really given it's popularity. And will be a AU to the new Animated movies, so whatever.

But is it an adaptation of the Year 1-5 comic or the game? Cause if it's an adaptation of the first game, that's a "real" Superman kicking the crap out of Injustice Superman, so that's actually not bad.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Why is being a Superman fan such a rollercoaster???

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Why is being a Superman fan such a rollercoaster???
    Glass half full: at least it occasionally goes up once in a while.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am laughing my heart out.🤣🤣😂😂 This is gold..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Can't say I'm hugely surprised by this. Though I am surprised they did this before Kingdom Come.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm not mad. Just disappointed. It was honestly inevitable really given it's popularity. And will be a AU to the new Animated movies, so whatever.

But is it an adaptation of the Year 1-5 comic or the game? Cause if it's an adaptation of the first game, that's a "real" Superman kicking the crap out of Injustice Superman, so that's actually not bad.
    Yeah, I'm fine with it if it's an adaption of the game since it's basically the normal versions fighting and defeating the evil versions and it's the title of the first game.

I think if it were adapting the prequel comics they would've called it "Injustice Year One." And I don't think there's really a good end point in the comics as far as a film story and they'd have to condense too much.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    Who asked for this?
    Unfortunately the whole world via our love of The Boys' Homlander, Invincible's Omni-Man, and the mass popularity of the Injustice games and comics.

At the very least it's not the only Superman media coming out like it likely would've been just a few years ago. The wider selection makes this easer to go down.

I'd be really interested if this were part of their new DCTV universe created by Man of Tomorrow and solidified by JSA and Long Halloween? The first Injustice story actually has our good versions of Superman the other heroes go and beat the evil ones. Plus, at the end of JSA Flash and Superman imply they're starting the Justice League. And Barry already shows us that dimensional travel is possible, so the set up is all there.

Otherwise I don't see a need to watch it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

this is so bad for Diana's character...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Damn. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Unfortunately the whole world via our love of The Boys' Homlander, Invincible's Omni-Man, and the mass popularity of the Injustice games and comics.

At the very least it's not the only Superman media coming out like it likely would've been just a few years ago. The wider selection makes this easer to go down.

I'd be really interested if this were part of their new DCTV universe created by Man of Tomorrow and solidified by JSA and Long Halloween? The first Injustice story actually has our good versions of Superman the other heroes go and beat the evil ones. Plus, at the end of JSA Flash and Superman imply they're starting the Justice League. And Barry already shows us that dimensional travel is possible, so the set up is all there.

Otherwise I don't see a need to watch it.
    Usually the independent Elseworld film is the first of the year so I think it's pretty likely it's completely separate from the Lukic-verse.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If it's a straight up "good Superman versus bad Superman" then it might not be so bad. But the last thing we need is another evil Superman story with no positive counter version.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    If it's a straight up "good Superman versus bad Superman" then it might not be so bad. But the last thing we need is another evil Superman story with no positive counter version.
    Yeah, as much as people rag on Injustice (with good reason), I think it's fine if it's adapting the first game.

I don't think it would be satisfying if they just adapted the prequel comics.