Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Injustice movie

Astonishing Member

Literally the first thing I'm hearing that sounds in anyway interesting is the stuff about him intervening in real world stuff.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    To clarify, I'm saying they could've played it safe and just used make-believe countries. You don't have to worry about stepping on toes that way. On the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily good for artistic expression when the creators tried to give (what I thought was) a neutral take of the situation at hand, and people want to protest the movie and the company because the movie doesn't take their point of view as absolute fact.
    The problem is calling Kashmir a "disputed region" is not really neutral as the state comes under Indian jurisdiction. It's also an ugly situation with a violent history of colonization and the British partitioning India in the first place, which is why it wasn't the best idea for Western media to touch it.

The Israel/Palestine moment seemed more genuinely neutral as it was a vague case of Superman just forcing a peace treaty between the two nations without highlighting the specifics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The problem is calling Kashmir a "disputed region" is not really neutral as the state comes under Indian jurisdiction. It's also an ugly situation with a violent history of colonization and the British partitioning India in the first place, which is why it wasn't the best idea for Western media to touch it.
    Someone who knows better please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Kashmir region claimed by three countries (India, Pakistan, and China), with India having jurisdiction of the biggest portion? As far as being a disputed region, I think that's true regardless of who is internationally recognized as having jurisdiction. All three countries claim the entire region as their territory, though violence is predominantly between India and Pakistan. I'd probably have to listen to the dialogue again because maybe the online complaints have additional legitimacy to them that I'm forgetting.

Due to the sensitivity on the subject, I'm not going to disagree that it's best not to bother discussing it as a minor plot point for a superhero movie. The same point could've been made more delicately.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Someone who knows better please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Kashmir region claimed by three countries (India, Pakistan, and China), with India having jurisdiction of the biggest portion? As far as being a disputed region, I think that's true regardless of who is internationally recognized as having jurisdiction. All three countries claim the entire region as their territory, though violence is predominantly between India and Pakistan. I'd probably have to listen to the dialogue again because maybe the online complaints have additional legitimacy to them that I'm forgetting.

Due to the sensitivity on the subject, I'm not going to disagree that it's best not to bother discussing it as a minor plot point for a superhero movie. The same point could've been made more delicately.
    Indians don’t see it that way dude. To them it’s their land no different from the USA claiming Texas.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Yes, Kashmir has been an ongoing issue for decades. In the 1970s India and Pakistan
    fought wars with one another. They both have nuclear weapons.

I don't pay that much attention to the real world "solutions" offered in Injustice.
    It is a ridiculous movie.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Stay gold, Pony boy.lol
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Indians donÂ’t see it that way dude. To them itÂ’s their land no different from the USA claiming Texas.
    Well As an indian and as hindu(my persepective), we don't subscribe to two Nation theory.Period.You won't find an mainstream party or Normal indian who believes in it left,right,center or whatever.Even the hindu nationalists,who want a hindu rastra or hindu homeland wouldn't cut up indian subcontinent Because the land itself is sacred for them.The name hindu itself comes from the land under himalayas(hi) and sindhu(indus) river.It was a name given to the natives by the persians and the greeks.Our ethos didn't have a concept of "conversion" or divisions.There was no political "friend-enemy" distinction present.So,no "kafirs-muslims" or no "pagans/heretics-christains"(there is clear political element in these doctrines).The reason buddhists,jains,atheism..etc are folded into hindu way as unorthodox schools and arguments.well,that's changed.. due to hindu nationalism which has clear opponents, the exclusivist school of thought on "truth" from islam and to a lesser extent christianity.

But,be that as may.The country was divided and it was bloody.India did acquire the The Instrument of Accession from kashmir king .Regardless,an amicable solution could have been done.India itself said ok to plebiscite.The un wanted pakistan out.But,they didn't comply.plebscite didn't happen.Furthermore,there was a mass exodus and genocide of hindu minorities such as the pandits due to islamists..Hindus have been getting pissed for last three decades due to insecurity by being surrounded by muslim nations that did squat to protect their buddhists,sikhs...etc minorities their region not just hindus.So,there would be no talks on the kashmir (indian part),only on the other sides.As it stands,India doesn't intend to talk with pakistan till the crossborder terrorism stops from afganistan and pakistan.The reason there is a hindu nationalist government now.
    The reason the west doesn't interefere are because,
    1)the don't understand or can't.The indian subcontinent is pretty damn diverse and complex.
    2)they don't care.(many americans wouldn't even be able to find india or pakistan on a map.)
    3)they are 3 nuclear armed nations(two of them in somekind of survival frenzy)
    4)The two countries from the three involved are economically getting bigger and bigger.One is even going to beat US.
    We are talking about religion and not politics even though separation of church/nation state is a thing.Because the nation was divided on the basis of it.

Yes,china claims another part.But,that's a different dynamics..There isn't blood feulled history.It's just politics and economics.
    Anyways,I had no problem with the scenes.heck! would welcome a superman.I don't care if superman is able to stop the bloodshed and especially crossborder terrorism.Hindus and sikhs in kashmir can live in peace.As long as the exodus on hindus is reversed.As long as the hindus and muslims can co-exist with the sky guy you pray to or not being just a personal choice.aslong as,a guy can pray to jesus,krishna and allah at the same time or not.

Indian right wing is very iffy about outside intereference.Especially after artice 370 was removed.(which many believe to be caused by indian side forseeing americans leaving afganistan and taliban taking over).And they say that they only showed supes taking down indian fighter jets.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-21-2021 at 11:31 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

This movie still depresses me. I don't know why I watched it. Someone Neuralyzer me quick.

Whenever they do the live-action version I hope the writing is better.
    The J-man

So much was cut out but i enjoyed this movie. It sucks as a faithful adaption but it's enjoyable as a standalone.

Like with many other DCanimated movies. My non comic reading pals enjoyed it more than my comic reading pals