Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

I'll probably watch this out of morbid curiosity, and shame on me for that.

BANNED

Cannot wait for this thread to realize that they are in a bubble when this thing outsells pretty much every DC animated movie

We don't need to realize it, we already know it. We lament its as popular as it is, not oblivious to the fact it is. I don't blame DC for making the film, it only makes sense $$$-wise. Just annoys me that this type of Superman keeps being fed to the masses.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-21-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I feel like they're missing the point by not actually using the cast from the game, although I'm kind of morbidly curious how Justin Hartley fares as Injustice!Supes.

I feel bad for Laura Bailey playing the actual Lois Lane instead of just Mary Jane Watson acting like Lois Lane, only for her to end up probably dying within the first 10 minutes. She deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Cannot wait for this thread to realize that they are in a bubble when this thing outsells pretty much every DC animated movie
    I think the big lament is that Injustice is popular despite (or because of) pooping all over classic Superman. I think everyone who posts here regularly knows of its popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think the big lament is that Injustice is popular despite (or because of) pooping all over classic Superman. I think everyone who posts here regularly knows of its popularity.
    Amusing that a guy as obsessed with Superdad and Jon as he is would be defensive about Injustice’s popularity. Especially since he’s so terrified of DC killing off Jon. If this keeps getting popular kryptonian who knows, they might just have Joker kill Jon in the main universe too…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Amusing that a guy as obsessed with Superdad and Jon as he is would be defensive about Injustice’s popularity. Especially since he’s so terrified of DC killing off Jon. If this keeps getting popular kryptonian who knows, they might just have Joker kill Jon in the main universe too…
    I think Jon will be eventually killed by Doomsday Jr. or something as much uninspired.

Incredible Member

Why are they not using the voice cast of the video game? That's baffling to me. It makes no sense.

I still remember having a lot of fun with the Injustice games, and am generally ok with Elseworlds having freedom to do these kinds of stories. But with Homelander and The Boys blowing up so big, doing that trope in a notably more interesting way, along with stuff like Invincible, do we really need more of this with the actual Superman?

Incredible Member

Doomsday with a son in a Rebirth-style story is something I never knew I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I still remember having a lot of fun with the Injustice games, and am generally ok with Elseworlds having freedom to do these kinds of stories. But with Homelander and The Boys blowing up so big, doing that trope in a notably more interesting way, along with stuff like Invincible, do we really need more of this with the actual Superman?
    Invincible already beating DC to the punch (and having a bigger budget as well) is probably going to make this seem downright tame by comparison. Omni-Man wrecked the Guardians and the gore was insane, meanwhile Murderman here is too incompetent to kill Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Doomsday with a son in a Rebirth-style story is something I never knew I wanted.
    Doomsday's wife baking pies for her husband and son... an instant classic.

Incredible Member

I think you guys are selling short the appeal of Injustice. It's not just evil Superman, it's fallen hero Superman. That immediately makes it different from shows where the Superman figure was evil from the start. That's just "the guy you thought was good was in fact evil", whereas this is "the guy who was good has become evil". Besides, it's doing it with Superman, the archetype every other superhero is based on, which immediately makes it more dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I think you guys are selling short the appeal of Injustice. It's not just evil Superman, it's fallen hero Superman. That immediately makes it different from shows where the Superman figure was evil from the start. That's just "the guy you thought was good was in fact evil", whereas this is "the guy who was good has become evil". Besides, it's doing it with Superman, the archetype every other superhero is based on, which immediately makes it more dramatic.
    They’ve beaten that to death too, and the difference isn’t at all that big. And Superman going bad is worthless at this point, people were rolling their eyes at the Suicide Squad game reveal of evil Superman because of how cliche it’s become.