Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I wonder if evil Superman will be more popular then good Superman one day
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It could happen.I mean,superman for so long has been this rigid character for the most part with little flexibility.
    Not gonna happen. The public's general reaction to "Man Of Steel" should tell you that - shy of a one-off - the public don't want Superman getting too "flexible," let alone evil.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Not gonna happen. The public's general reaction to "Man Of Steel" should tell you that - shy of a one-off - the public don't want Superman getting too "flexible," let alone evil.
    Man of Steel and Injustice are not remotely the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Man of Steel and Injustice are not remotely the same thing.
    I know they're not - that's precisely my point. Mentioning MoS was a reference to "flexible," not "evil."
    Last edited by JAK; 09-30-2021 at 04:00 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Joker made a billion dollars and won multiple awards and was nominated for oodles more, and most of the news/opinions on the upcoming The Batman is super positive with a lot of anticipation and excitement.
    You're saying that there's been two of them and one of them hasn't even happened yet? Hardly a mandate you got yourself there.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That's precisely why i am saying it could happen.Something that cannot bend often breaks.And yet,we don't have any backlash for the other evil supermen.which fanbase gets new fans will decide the likely out come.Considering outside reach of traditional or quasi traditional superman currently is limited to cw series ,stuff like that.I think the other guys have the edge.They have a limited budget live action movie that broke even in brightburn.They have games injustice and the likes.They have animated series albeit for adults in invincible and others.they have series like boys.That's neck and neck in terms of the number of content being pumped out if not beating content with traditional superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-04-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That's precisely why i am saying it could happen.Something that cannot bend often breaks.And yet,we don't have any backlash for the other evil supermen.which fanbase gets new fans will decide the likely out come.Considering outside reach of traditional or quasi traditional superman currently is limited to cw series ,stuff like that.I think the other guys have the edge.They have a limited budget live action movie that broke even in brightburn.They have games injustice and the likes.They have animated series albeit for adults in invincible and others.they have series like boys.That's neck and neck in terms of the number of content being pumped out if not beating content with traditional superman.
    Not really, it's not. Or at least, not enough to unseat the traditional Superman as the real deal. The reaction to Man of Steel's Superman going a tiny bit too far for people's liking should say everything that needs to be said. Making a "this is now Superman" movie about Superman being and staying evil would fail on all levels beyond being a curiosity - which is frankly amazing seeing how WB/DC doesn't know how promote/present the poor guy save for one TV show.

Superman's not breaking, no matter how much wish there is for bending. That's like saying Mickey Mouse hasn't done many questionable things in the few cartoons he's in, so he'll become popular as a serial killer. It didn't stick to Hal Jordan as Parallax, and it's definitely not sticking here.

Heck, the trunks are back in the comics, and a few years ago nobody thought that would happen. So cosmetic costume changes don't really stick, let alone major personality shifts.

I'll be honest... in 2011 and 2013, I felt very differently. But after all that has come and gone... nah. Not happening.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    You're saying that there's been two of them and one of them hasn't even happened yet? Hardly a mandate you got yourself there.
    You're saying that a billion dollar award winning movie and the most anticipated movie of next year is triggering a tidal wave of backlash against non-DCEU DC movies somehow...for reasons...I guess...because maybe you read it somewhere on social media maybe? Wow, amazing! What a logical and totally not a BS mandate you got there yourself chief!

Or you know, maybe we could try and debate/disagree without being such sarcastic blokes, yeah?

Not really, it's not. Or at least, not enough to unseat the traditional Superman as the real deal. The reaction to Man of Steel's Superman going a tiny bit too far for people's liking should say everything that needs to be said. Making a "this is now Superman" movie about Superman being and staying evil would fail on all levels beyond being a curiosity - which is frankly amazing seeing how WB/DC doesn't know how promote/present the poor guy save for one TV show.

Superman's not breaking, no matter how much wish there is for bending. That's like saying Mickey Mouse hasn't done many questionable things in the few cartoons he's in, so he'll become popular as a serial killer. It didn't stick to Hal Jordan as Parallax, and it's definitely not sticking here.

Heck, the trunks are back in the comics, and a few years ago nobody thought that would happen. So cosmetic costume changes don't really stick, let alone major personality shifts.

I'll be honest... in 2011 and 2013, I felt very differently. But after all that has come and gone... nah. Not happening.
    I still pray they'll realize the mistake they've made and re-ditch the darn underoos again.

As for Mickey, does anyone else remember that 1 90's short where he was briefly turned into a Frankenstein and then Disney got upset for no reason and buried it? For a while there I started thinking I misremembered the whole thing...

While I wouldn't want him as a serial killer, I think a family friendly but more edgy film noir styled detective Mickey could be cool, heard there were some comics of that nature.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

As far as i can see donald and goofy are leading disney at the moment.Not mickey even with that new gone to pieces.Ducktales(swashbuckling adventures and family relationships dynamics vibe that i want in superman) and goofy/max movies are the more popular things out there right now.Mickey is barely on the rader or even noticed.

I would say they brought back trunks for that very purpose.Jon took over a book.Heck!Supes in morrison's book is old pulp fiction style hero like back in goldenage than traditional superhero superman,atleast in vibes(superman and Manchester black need an ongoing).Clark is going back to war world in gladiator gear.They are bending.They have been trying to revamp supes.

If you ask me, supes had more potential as just a simple scifi action adventure character like max fliescher cartoons.It just works better.I mean,I would watch the **** out of a heist movie or outlaw movie where clark pulls a robin hood.Or another guy could make an idealist in corrupt world saga like captain America movies.Heck!guys like james gunn or Waititi wouldn't be opposed to making superman movie because "they don't get him".i firmly believe,They would not say the same for batman.When these guys say they don't get the character.They just mean they can't work with the character with all the baggage and "superman needs to represent x/y".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-05-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I still pray they'll realize the mistake they've made and re-ditch the darn underoos again.

As for Mickey, does anyone else remember that 1 90's short where he was briefly turned into a Frankenstein and then Disney got upset for no reason and buried it? For a while there I started thinking I misremembered the whole thing...

While I wouldn't want him as a serial killer, I think a family friendly but more edgy film noir styled detective Mickey could be cool, heard there were some comics of that nature.
    I do remember that!

Noir Mickey *would* be pretty cool, to be honest. I'm just saying that he's not going to become a villain anytime soon, and neither is Superman. Mario spent more time as an "in-canon" villain (Donkey Kong Jr) than Superman likely ever will.

As far as i can see donald and goofy are leading disney at the moment.Not mickey even with that new gone to pieces.Ducktales(swashbuckling adventures and family relationships dynamics vibe that i want in superman) and goofy/max movies are the more popular things out there right now.Mickey is barely on the rader or even noticed.
    Sure, they're popular, but Mickey is always front and center for Disney as a brand, and (though he does share that with Batman a bit more) the same is true for Superman. Mickey Mouse isn't just a fictional character; he's a cultural icon. That's true for Superman, too.

I would say they brought back trunks for that very purpose.Jon took over a book.Heck!Supes in morrison's book is old pulp fiction style hero like back in goldenage than traditional superhero superman,atleast in vibes(superman and Manchester black need an ongoing).Clark is going back to war world in gladiator gear.They are bending.They have been trying to revamp supes.
    So, he'll break and become a villain because he's not allowed to bend, or he's bending. Which one are we going with here, exactly? Because it's one or the other. For me, it's not so much bending, but (as you say) going back to some of his pulp/Golden Age roots - something that I very much like for the character, even if I think it can be done without the constant trope of dropping his power levels.

If you ask me, supes had more potential as just a simple scifi action adventure character like max fliescher cartoons.It just works better.I mean,I would watch the **** out of a heist movie or outlaw movie where clark pulls a robin hood.Or another guy could make an idealist in corrupt world saga like captain America movies.Heck!guys like james gunn or Waititi wouldn't be opposed to making superman movie because "they don't get him".i firmly believe,They would not say the same for batman.When these guys say they don't get the character.They just mean they can't work with the character with all the baggage and "superman needs to represent x/y".
    Honestly, Superman works in a lot of different areas in different ways, and that's also part of his staying power. He's great with Sci-Fi and action, and can also be compelling with something with genuine feeling and heart. A lot of directors run off to the likes of Batman for the same reason that school kids run off to the older kid in the leather jacket who smokes. Not to say Batman has nothing compelling and complex because he absolutely does - but one surface look at the character is an adolescent boys dream: he's dark, broody, "serious" and has a million gadget-toys to play with. Again, I stress that Batman has a lot of amazingly complex ideas in him... but you don't need a single one of those to make a Batman story that works. The laziest person on earth could make a passably good Batman story. Crafting a good Superman story actually requires care and thought, something WB/DC haven't possessed since.... yeah... lol... It's why they struggle with the character so much, most of the people the company deals with don't have that in them, especially when it's easier to make money slapping a Batman symbol on something broody and calling it a night. It's just easier.

I will never, ever buy that "the character is the problem" garbage. DC's been peddling that for years because they're incompetent, nothing more.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Amazing Member

Injustice Superman is a complex chracter i think reinvents the concept of what Superman represents
    Last edited by JediBatman54; 10-07-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    Injustice Superman is a complex chracter i think reinvents the concept of what Superman represents
    Him being the first evil Superman you ever read doesn’t mean much.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-07-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Him being the first evil Superman you ever read doesn’t mean much.
    Yeah, there's not much complexity beyond how he flipped. Heck, parts of this concept were done (better, imo) way back with Red Son.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Astonishing Member

Apparently movie was leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Apparently movie was leaked.
    That happened again? Huh.