Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Atleast you can trust that we will disappoint.so that's something.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

It was not enough to see Superman become a Batman villain in games, comics, now also in film. batmanverse starts out strong.

Unfortunately lots of people wanted to see Injustice adapted. My guess is that it will be an adaption of the prequel comics, it’s just shortened and condensed like they’re fond of doing. I’m not really that bothered I guess since we have S&L and the new Superman cartoon coming as well as Snyder’s evil Superman film plans getting squashed. And hey maybe it will be terrible and leave Injustice fanboys upset, I’d be a-ok with that
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm fine with it if it's an adaption of the game since it's basically the normal versions fighting and defeating the evil versions and it's the title of the first game.

I think if it were adapting the prequel comics they would've called it "Injustice Year One." And I don't think there's really a good end point in the comics as far as a film story and they'd have to condense too much.
    Yeah, it would be really hard to condense the the comic prequel into a movie, even a Year One movie. It's not impossible, but given the game is a more condensed story and probably a lot more popular, I think it's more likely that that will be the way they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd be really interested if this were part of their new DCTV universe created by Man of Tomorrow and solidified by JSA and Long Halloween? The first Injustice story actually has our good versions of Superman the other heroes go and beat the evil ones. Plus, at the end of JSA Flash and Superman imply they're starting the Justice League. And Barry already shows us that dimensional travel is possible, so the set up is all there.
    I didn't think of that, but it makes sense if they do go that route to set up a Justice League or maybe even just Superman crossing over since they wouldn't have set up the Earth 1 Wonder Woman, etc. yet. Though they jumped right in there with Flash so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unfortunately lots of people wanted to see Injustice adapted. My guess is that it will be an adaption of the prequel comics, it’s just shortened and condensed like they’re fond of doing. I’m not really that bothered I guess since we have S&L and the new Superman cartoon coming as well as Snyder’s evil Superman film plans getting squashed. And hey maybe it will be terrible and leave Injustice fanboys upset, I’d be a-ok with that
    So you're not going to retract your previous comment about 2021 being a great year for Superman so far?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And hey maybe it will be terrible and leave Injustice fanboys upset, I’d be a-ok with that
    Yeah! don't bet on that....
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    So you're not going to retract your previous comment about 2021 being a great year for Superman so far?
    I mean I was and still am expecting Injustice 3 to get announced, and we still have Evil Superman in Suicide Squad coming lol. So there really isn’t any escaping evil Superman, it’s the new hot topic alas. But even with all that, this is still the best year he’s had in ages. Says a lot about how terrible he’s been treated sure, but WW and Aquaman are getting treated faaaar worse in my opinion.

Also Injustice will be in 2022 so this year is still great
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Usually the independent Elseworld film is the first of the year so I think it's pretty likely it's completely separate from the Lukic-verse.
    That's a good point. Well, I'm fine with just ignoring this film.

But if it does end up being a Superman or Justice League film set in the new continuity I'd be into it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Hopefully they get George Newbern back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    this is so bad for Diana's character...
    It’s bad for almost everyone except the perfect incorruptible Batgod.

*sigh*

Why. Why. Why. Why?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    this is so bad for Diana's character...
    If there is a character that suffered more character assassination than Clark, it is Diana. Since things go for the worse thanks to her.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I didn't think of that, but it makes sense if they do go that route to set up a Justice League or maybe even just Superman crossing over since they wouldn't have set up the Earth 1 Wonder Woman, etc. yet. Though they jumped right in there with Flash so who knows.
    I hadn't even thought about it being mainly just a Superman movie.

That's actually a really solid idea for a young Superman story. He goes to an Earth where he's become the worst version of himself, and he sees all of the friends and relationships he will have in their most twisted forms (especially Bruce). That leaves us with a midpoint scene of him wondering if it was even a good idea to start this Superman (and by proxy super-hero) thing to begin with. By the end he picks hope rather than the same fear and cowardice the Injustice Superman picked. Bring along Lois because maybe they're dating by now, and this is how she finds out who he is and what becomes of them.

But that would unfortunately be derivative of JSA. Still cool to think about though.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Personally, on a base level as a fan, I hope the fights are good.

Not the least bit excited for this garbage. Why does DC like shitting on the character that put them on the map to begin with?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"