Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Frontier… it’s me. You really think I would ever recommend giving views on anything Injustice even if it was “good”? Guess wait and see if Valkanai likes it or not. I can’t give an assessment.

If you like Taylor’s writing this isn’t that outside of the first 1/3. If you like Superman or WW it’s still bad. Guess you could watch it for Mr. Terrific and Plastic Man, they do get some cool moments.
    Are the fights good?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are the fights good?
    Decent amount of blood/gore, final fight between the Supermen references Superman’s Ultimate Move in I1 and 2 games. But other parts are weak. Supes just pew-pews GA to death instead of beating him to death. Not that I want all that mind you but it’s nowhere near as gore filled as the comics.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I know the temptation is going to be for those of us who hate Injustice Superman to go watch
    this for the comedic value. But that should be resisted.

Our only hope to kill it now is for no one to go and watch. Some of our friends have suffered
    through it, we know the basics. Just let it whimper away to a pathetic death. Then we
    don't have to hear anymore about Injustice. Hopefully never to be mentioned again!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well if you guys want some spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Ending is the Regime and Insurgents team up to fight Amazo. They win and Superman wants to kill the Insurgents. WW goes “woah there Murderman maybe we shouldn’t do that”, which almost leads into a fight. Mr. Terrific brings over a good Superman, the two tussle, then a pregnant Lois comes over too from another world where her Superman died fighting Brainiac. Murderman basically goes “damn am I the bad guy?” and gives up. Batman puts him in a Red Sun cell and says he only gets to come out when they need him. Batman and Catwoman kiss.
    end of spoilers

If you’re an Injustice fan you’re going to hate it lmao. You don’t get the Butlering or any of Taylor’s brain dead “epic” moments. It’s honestly fairly boring.

You can’t imagine how happy I am right now
    This is hilarious because Taylor fans were explicitly going to be the ones attracted to this the most. Not like this story is at all better, this sounds equally as stupid, but you're right that the fans of the comic will probably hate it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not sure if this is better or worse than the comic.
    If it lacks the Alfred moment and Diana is somewhat less awful, I don't see how it can be worse.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The film totally glossing over Harleys role in Lois's death was jarring. She's happy go lucky throughout the entire film.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The film totally glossing over Harleys role in Lois's death was jarring. She's happy go lucky throughout the entire film.
    That's not that much different from the comics to be honest.

Yeah but when you are watching the glorified abridged version it hits differently.

"good" (new animated universe) superman STILL is consistly shown to be a superman who can't win, and if he does can't by himself ugh.

I'm glad I watched it, but I'm also glad I never have to watch it again
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    "good" (new animated universe) superman STILL is consistly shown to be a superman who can't win, and if he does can't by himself ugh.

I'm glad I watched it, but I'm also glad I never have to watch it again
    At least the point was made that he didnt win because he held back and refused to unleash on himself.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

At least the point was made that he didnt win because he held back and refused to unleash on himself.
    Aa..more "superman with weight of the world... too much power to be effective and competent" nonsense..If you decide to tie your own arm behind the back you better have what it takes to get the job done with the handicap..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm guessing that the approach to writing Harley is that she's marketable so they avoid talking about what kind of lousy human being she is.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So let me get this straight: they take the one aspect of Injustice that a lot of us Superman fans like about the movie, but then make it terrible?

Seems like forever since I was hyped for a DC Comics DTV and actually enjoyed the film. Maybe Flashpoint Paradox was the last one, I dunno.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't have a problem with clark needing others.Everyone does,we are social creatures and can't do everything.Superman wouldn't be an exception.The problem is that, it just fails to portray clark's convictions in good light.And There is nothing to suggest that clark had implicit trust in his friends/cohorts to deal with the rest.There was no baton pass as they say.Clark just lost.I have no problem with clark limiting himself or having limits.. That's what morality is for and being human entails.I very well can understand clark ain't human..But,superman is at the end of the day something we humans need to connect with
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-09-2021 at 12:12 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

How is that different...from any piece of media featuring Harley Quinn ?

Even in the DCAU she had an equal hand in mind raping Tim Drake and gets to live happily into to old age while Joker's the one whose presented as having "gone too far this time".

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Harley Quinn is a particularly tricky character that DC has, I think, unexpectedly found to be a goldmine. Unfortunately, they're stuck between Harley as a fun Deadpool-esque character and the actual reality of what it would mean to be the accomplice to all the many, many atrocities that The Joker is regularly committing.

The current Harley Quinn comics seem to be trying to grapple with that very idea. Hopefully, they manage to pull it off, because it's left Harley Quinn in a awkward position in terms of adaptations.