Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Harley's popular and kooky so she gets away with it. And the Joker abused her, so everyone must treat her as a victim who was corrupted and if we don't view her as a hero now (or just generally get annoyed by her) we're sexist or whatever.
    The funny thing is that DC has never had a problem with demonizing abuse victims and to an extent still do it with other characters. Harley gets protection from it because she's popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    So which film is more depressing? Injustice or Justice League Apokolips Darkseid War?,
    Haven't even watched it but these reactions have been the most joy I've gotten out of a DC product since the first WW. So Darkseid War but I wasn't really invested in that universe either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Harley Quinn is a particularly tricky character that DC has, I think, unexpectedly found to be a goldmine. Unfortunately, they're stuck between Harley as a fun Deadpool-esque character and the actual reality of what it would mean to be the accomplice to all the many, many atrocities that The Joker is regularly committing.

The current Harley Quinn comics seem to be trying to grapple with that very idea. Hopefully, they manage to pull it off, because it's left Harley Quinn in a awkward position in terms of adaptations.
    Sounds somewhat interesting, is her current series good?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I saw a clip, the dialogue and voice acting were comedic bad. "We are pregnant. Mostly you, but I helped!"

How such a goofy guy can become a tyrant/killer overnight? lol

I had a dream DC made a live action Injustice film
    The J-man

I haven't actually seen this movie yet but I've heard almost nothing but bad things about it. The only only good review I could get was from a friend who told me that it doesn't have a lot of the same issues that I have with the original Injustice storyline. And from the sounds of certain spoilers, he's right. But it also seems like it has a lot of its own issues that still keep it from being a good movie.

Basically, there's just no winning with the Injustice story. The whole thing was a mistake and I hope Neatherrealm reboots it in the third game like they've done with Mortal Kombat TWICE. Though...even then, I don't know if I trust them to make a good story out of it. Three Mortal Kombat games later and I'm still waiting for the lore to be as interested in the lore as I was before the first reboot.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-10-2021 at 09:59 PM.

From what I hear Batman, Harley, and two other characters get good moments and shine. But Superman does not look good. The film can't avoid thrashing Superman even if you empathize or agree with him. I've also heard Nightwing and Cyborg are made fools of in this.
    The J-man

I have never played the Injustice games nor have I read much of the comics. I watched the movie tonight though.

The voice acting wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t the absolute worst either. The movie itself was entertaining enough for what it was.. hero vs hero stuff gets a little old after a while, and the story felt similar to Red Son in a lot of ways. I prefer the Red Son movie overall, but I liked Diana better in this one.

My main criticisms are that HQ’s involvement felt kinda forced in parts and the ending felt pretty abrupt.. also Nightwing stuff was super weird and kind of offputting.. It’s not DC’s best, but it was alright.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, I totally get that. It's just up until that point she wasn't getting a free pass, in-so-far from the law-abiding heroes' perspective.
    Its why I really didn't want to see Superman kill Batson. Superman would still have a case because Green Arrow's Death was at least somewhat understandable. If a friend of mine helped an accomplice that murdered my pregnant wife, there'd be a little more than bad blood between us
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 10-11-2021 at 05:31 PM.

so I guess Batman is Superman's real kryptonite
    The J-man

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so I guess Batman is Superman's real kryptonite
    *deep sigh* So it would appear.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

[I'm not spoiler tagging this since Vordan said Eff It, and I'm going to follow suit.]

So after reading this thread for a few days, I decided to take the plunge* and watched it. I think for a movie in general it's pretty average. For a Superman fan, it's pretty irritating. Joker says he always loses when he "plays" with Batman so he wanted an easier chump to play against. Ouch. Additionally, I think this is something like the third time in an animated movie when Batman says something about how Superman will succeed and then Superman promptly fails. It's like the only times Batman is wrong is when he overestimates Superman's ability to overcome adversity and various physical challenges. At least Batman's a believer... Also, at least EVIL SUPERMAN! is actually good at doing what he does, unlike latter seasons of the comic when everyone seems to steamroll the guy.

I mentioned that the one good thing about the Injustice game storyline was that a good Superman gets to beat EVIL SUPERMAN! at the end, but that distinction was given to Uncle Lois Parker, which I suppose was throwing a bone to those who hate fridging stories. I don't really think that makes up for the fridge job, though, so overall I would've rather have had the game ending because that was the only thing Injustice had going for me and now it's gone. I guess at least it kind of makes sense that a ruthless Superman would beat a morally-upright one in a no-holds-barred match, but still.

Is this more depressing than Apokolips War? I don't think so, and the ending tries to finish on an upbeat note. Whether or not it succeeded is another question altogether, but I never felt that bit of gloom I did with AW. Despite the fact that AW gets us off the hook by saying everything will be reset, you have to see a lot of suffering and loss before you get to that point, more than what you see in Injustice.

Final rant: whoever wrote that Flash death scene needs to read up on Flash again.

I hate myself for hate-watching this movie. Also, I have to confess that hate-watching and posting is really poor form on my part. Just letting y'all know I'm somewhat self-aware.

*Conspicuous asterisk for those who know what I mean, mwahaha
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 10-12-2021 at 08:27 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I didn't know this came out until people started spamming the Flash death scene on Twitter.

I'll watch it if someone pays me.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-12-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Was there any reason announced for the different animation and voice actors than those used in JL:War, Death of Superman, Return of Superman, etc?
    Last edited by raidensix; 10-13-2021 at 04:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Glad to hear people hate it. Maybe this "franchise" will finally die now.
    Assassinate Putin!