Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Boys, stop fighting between yourselves. This is what NRS wants!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Holy fucking ****, the smugness of some fans so tickled pink that something for other fans was shat on. Look, it's fine if you don't like Injustice, but do you have to celebrate that the film for fans of the games was bad? Like seriously, people here act more on the principle of Superdickery than Supermanners I guess.

Edit: Holy crap! And I posted that before reading the rest of the thread. Just one big heaping pile of smug pettiness this thread is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, this works in my favor whenever anyone says the Elseworlds films are better than the in-continuity stuff .
    Not really. 99% of the elseworlds are still better than their shared universe films, even if one movie happens to be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Frontier… it’s me. You really think I would ever recommend giving views on anything Injustice even if it was “good”? Guess wait and see if Valkanai likes it or not. I can’t give an assessment.
    Who the heck is Valkanai? They better change their name though, sounds like they copying me.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 10-15-2021 at 07:53 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Boys, stop fighting between yourselves. This is what NRS wants!
    cue mortal kombat music...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really. 99% of the elseworlds are still better than their shared universe films, even if one movie happens to be the exception.
    I don't think that's absolutely true, but to each their own .

I am of the mind that the elseworld,main world and new world thing all should be scrapped.It's nonsense anyways.They all should be treated like "a take" on particular characters. An adaptation..

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am of the mind that the elseworld,main world and new world thing all should be scrapped.It's nonsense anyways.They all should be treated like "a take" on particular characters. An adaptation..
    They pretty much are. It's just some just so happen to be in the same continuity as each other or are completely standalone.

I don't think that's absolutely true, but to each their own .
    Yes, to each their own. Different tastes for different folk. As I recall, you loved the previous shared universe and I hated it. Meanwhile I like the new universe alright, even if I feel like TLH "adaptation" was an adaptation only and did the source material dirty, whereas you thought it was great. Going to be honest...I can't name a single time where you complained about anything, ever. Which makes it hard to say do the "you like so and so but I like such and such" when the only differences are the things I dislike since the things I do actually like you usually also like, or at least never say you dislike. Anyways, pointless rambling, I still think the Elseworlds are better a higher percentage of the time than the "in continuity" stuff (as if continuity matters when this is all just secondary "other media" anyways), but to each their own.

As for this, I'm not going to pirate it so haven't seen it yet - but I am really fucking upset with this thread. I'm not a huge IJ fan (not a gamer, only read like the first two "Years" of the book) but all this pettiness on display here frankly disgusts me. I don't care how people feel about the story, being happy that other fans' toy was shitty is just ugly and not very Super at all.

They pretty much are. It's just some just so happen to be in the same continuity as each other or are completely standalone.
    i can understand that, but a continuity shouldn't be more "sacred" is what i am saying

Is this a thread where it would be appropriate to talk about the individual character portrayals (betrayals mostly IMO) in the Injustice verse? Or how if any way exists for a Superman turns evil thing would actually play out?

I’m not really sure what this says about Superman as a character, since it’s not, strictly speaking, him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Holy fucking ****, the smugness of some fans so tickled pink that something for other fans was shat on. Look, it's fine if you don't like Injustice, but do you have to celebrate that the film for fans of the games was bad? Like seriously, people here act more on the principle of Superdickery than Supermanners I guess.

Edit: Holy crap! And I posted that before reading the rest of the thread. Just one big heaping pile of smug pettiness this thread is.

Who the heck is Valkanai? They better change their name though, sounds like they copying me.
    How do you know it is bad?

Sooooooooooo I don't see what is do terrible about the adaptation. Over six years worth of comics stories and more than 4 hours of cinematics were adapted. The changes made were understandable. I haven't finished but 2/3 of the way in and I am not mad at it. Wonder Woman is still reduced to the most basic of Basic B!+ch and Eve tropes but at least some of the more damning elements from the game cinematics are deleted.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Sooooooooooo I don't see what is do terrible about the adaptation. Over six years worth of comics stories and more than 4 hours of cinematics were adapted. The changes made were understandable. I haven't finished but 2/3 of the way in and I am not mad at it. Wonder Woman is still reduced to the most basic of Basic B!+ch and Eve tropes but at least some of the more damning elements from the game cinematics are deleted.
    Good Superman showing up, getting stomped and then Lois pops in from another universe, tells Clark "you're a dick. Is this what you want?" and suddenly he cries, asks what he's done, puts his hand over her tummy and lets loose one single tear all so we can end on Batman essentially saying "maybe we all deserve a second chance" and then making out with Catwoman is pretty bad. So much so it's genuinely funny. lol
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Good Superman showing up, getting stomped and then Lois pops in from another universe, tells Clark "you're a dick. Is this what you want?" and suddenly he cries, asks what he's done, puts his hand over her tummy and lets loose one single tear all so we can end on Batman essentially saying "maybe we all deserve a second chance" and then making out with Catwoman is pretty bad. So much so it's genuinely funny. lol
    That's how it ends?

Or is this a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's how it ends?

Or is this a joke?
    that is how it ends.