Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

BANNED

Why? They already have Crisis on Two Earths which is based on Morrison's JLA:Earth Two,
    would this **** be based on Injustice Year One or the Injustice Game?
    Cause the game is basically just Crisis on Two Earths.

Lord, people be acting like this is the worst thing ever and so horrible. I'm not a fan of Clark going evil either, but the game has literally millions of fans, and the comic was honestly pretty good outside the constraints of having to write an OOC Clark to justify him going evil.

The movie will hopefully be good and well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And hey maybe it will be terrible and leave Injustice fanboys upset, I’d be a-ok with that
    Can we not be that petty please?

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Why? They already have Crisis on Two Earths which is based on Morrison's JLA:Earth Two,
    Well, a darker and more brutal Crisis on Two Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Don’t know yet, but Frontier thinks it will adapt the game. Unless they condensed the hell out of it, no way could they do the prequel comics in one movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Lord, people be acting like this is the worst thing ever and so horrible. I'm not a fan of Clark going evil either, but the game has literally millions of fans, and the comic was honestly pretty good outside the constraints of having to write an OOC Clark to justify him going evil.

The movie will hopefully be good and well received.

Can we not be that petty please?
    No? You’ve been pretty vocal in complaining about stuff yourself mate, constantly complaining about the focus on Superman as a dad. This is my equivalent of that. I hope this sucks and flops so I don’t get more of it, sorry.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No? You’ve been pretty vocal in complaining about stuff yourself mate, constantly complaining about the focus on Superman as a dad. This is my equivalent of that. I hope this sucks and flops so I don’t get more of it, sorry.
    I didn't say don't complain, I said let's not be petty about it. I make no secret of the fact I want Jon gone and retconned, but I've never said I hope Superman and Lois on the CW fails just so fans of Superdad will shut up and move on. There's a level of acceptable whining that's just venting steam, and a line where you're kind of being meanspirited to people who enjoy the take you hate. I can't say I never cross that line, but I can say I try not to.

I hope it does well, just like I'm glad S&L is doing well despite being a take I hate. We might have things we hate and bitch about, but that's different from wishing something sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    "Let's take a guy whose powers depend on being as aerodynamic as possible and stick him in a football outfit. That's useful, right?"
    In their defense, the first game was being designed during the time when Ironman and The Dark Knight ruled the world so I wasn’t too surprised that they said “Armor! Everyone needs armor! More I tell you!”. The New 52 dropped a year before and you can see the armor fad in all its glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    In their defense, the first game was being designed during the time when Ironman and The Dark Knight ruled the world so I wasn’t too surprised that they said “Armor! Everyone needs armor! More I tell you!”. The New 52 dropped a year before and you can see the armor fad in all its glory.
    I still think Flash's armor was relatively well done, all in all.

I see no logic in hoping a DC product, let alone one starring Superman flops. Especially when there's no guarantee the people in charge will see it as a problem with evil Superman and not as a problem with Superman himself. And I say this as someone who doesn't like Injustice's story all that much either.

"Let's take a guy whose powers depend on being as aerodynamic as possible and stick him in a football outfit. That's useful, right?"
    It looked nothing like a football outfit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I see no logic in hoping a DC product, let alone one starring Superman flops. Especially when there's no guarantee the people in charge will see it as a problem with evil Superman and not as a problem with Superman himself. And I say this as someone who doesn't like Injustice's story all that much either.

It looked nothing like a football outfit.
    Modeled after an old time circus strongman IIRC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Or even worse yet, a Titans fan.
    At least they've got some TV shows and a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This, exactly! Thank you! As much as I don't like Superdad I'm still glad to see Superman & Lois being a success. As much as I hate the idea to race bend Superman and think it's a misstep (and I really, really do) I'm still not wishing for the reboot to bomb. There's a difference between being critical and complaining, and being petty. And wishing for things other people like to fail is kind of petty. Even if I had the power to wipe Jon Kent out of main continuity, I'd still put out some sort of out of continuity book for his fans (I'm not a monster). You can just ignore the things you don't like. I mean, if this were the only game in town, sure, there's worse things than being petty. But when we got the new DC shared universe Superman, Superman & Lois, the upcoming black Superman reboot, and the new cartoon series coming up? I think we can afford to give the Injustice fans this, right?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Let's take a guy(superman) who was ripped off from gladiator(hugo danner),who played football.Also was modelled after strongmen.Also,flight was never in the picture till later.I am just putting to rest the prejudice against football guys.I don't care for the costume.

Good old clark playing football....
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-19-2021 at 11:39 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post

Who asked for this?
    Homelander, Omniman, Brightburn, Sentry, Injustice Superman, Red Son Superman, Justice Lord Superman, Ultraman, Irredeemable.. It is almost like there is a market for "Evil Superman". Since Some Fans never want regular Superman ever to be evil then you need outlet for those stories. When your main character is always suppose to be Paragon of light this what happens. Batman gets to be "Dark" via he sometimes goes to close the edge also he is bit of *******, Spiderman gets to "Dark" via venom also he is bit of brat at times, The main Superman NEVER gets to be dark except via mind control which is not him.

I am going to drive home the point with this video of a game. This a video of basically spec demo for what Superman game can look like

But look what Superman powers are doing in the video, You would have a hard as hell time making a regular Superman but a Evil Superman game where you can just go around destroying everything and squashing your enemies could be easily made the point is there is always going to be market for Superman unleashing. Superman is an amazing character but he being who he is restricts himself there will always been an interest to see what he can do unrestricted.

So Who asked for this? Lots of people.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-20-2021 at 12:11 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Homelander, Omniman, Brightburn, Sentry, Injustice Superman, Red Son Superman, Justice Lord Superman, Ultraman, Irredeemable.. It is almost like there is a market for "Evil Superman". Since Some Fans never want regular Superman ever to be evil then you need outlet for those stories. When your main character is always suppose to be Paragon of light this what happens. Batman gets to be "Dark" via he sometimes goes to close the edge also he is bit of *******, Spiderman gets to "Dark" via venom also he is bit of brat at times, The main Superman NEVER gets to be dark except via mind control which is not him.
    It's undefeated.Right?You are right on the money.Heck! Clark's whole motive is "Saving people from themselves".I roll my eyes hard everytime.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-20-2021 at 12:21 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I am going to drive home the point with this video of a game. This a video of basically spec demo for what Superman game can look like

But look what Superman powers are doing in the video, You would have a hard as hell time making a regular Superman but a Evil Superman game where you can just go around destroying everything and squashing your enemies could be easily made the point is there is always going to be market for Superman unleashing. Superman is an amazing character but he being who he is restricts himself there will always been an interest to see what he can do unrestricted.

So Who asked for this? Lots of people.
    A tech demo isn’t a game, it would get pretty boring just destroying everything with ease. The appeal of a Superman game isn’t mindless destruction, that would be Hulk. You could still beat down enemies, but saving people is just as key an element.

Also Injustice is a story of Superman getting his ass beat by everyone despite supposedly being this great threat. What you’re saying doesn’t really line up with what I see others like about it in my opinion. People watch it to see Batman kick Superman’s ass, that’s the hook, how is Batman going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's undefeated.Right?You are right on the money.Heck! Clark's whole motive is "Saving people from themselves".I roll my eyes hard everytime.
    You always chime in with how lame you think Supes is, how he needs to be more like your favorite anime or manga, and I just don’t get it. If you don’t like the character, why are you spending all this time in a forum dedicated to a character you roll your eyes at? It’s not like I ever see you in other character forums, you only post here as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-20-2021 at 01:46 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/