Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Astonishing Member

The only thing that would make me care about this movie is if the real and good Superman (not Bruce) is the one to take down this corrupted version, otherwise it can miss me!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Also Injustice is a story of Superman getting his ass beat by everyone despite supposedly being this great threat.
    No it isn't. Did you play the first game at all? Insurgency Batman had to call in a Justice League from another universe because Regime Superman was too powerful and even then they didn't actually win until the heroic Superman showed up. The Injustice comics show Regime Superman regularly steamrolling anyone who opposes him. I think the only ones that he didn't do this to were Zeus and Trigon.

You always chime in with how lame you think Supes is, how he needs to be more like your favorite anime or manga, and I just don’t get it. If you don’t like the character, why are you spending all this time in a forum dedicated to a character you roll your eyes at? It’s not like I ever see you in other character forums, you only post here as far as I can tell.
    Agreed.

A tech demo isn’t a game, it would get pretty boring just destroying everything with ease. The appeal of a Superman game isn’t mindless destruction, that would be Hulk. You could still beat down enemies, but saving people is just as key an element..
    What Superman game could you possibly be talking about? How in the world are going speaking on the appeal of something that does not exist. You know what would be a boring game, You have character who is the strong, powerful and fast but never uses these amazingly abilities because they would be hurting characters or the environment because that is counter to the character core is that is probably one reason a Superman game never gets made.

You literally in trying to disprove what I was saying you prove what my point was The appeal of "Evil Superman" game would be mindless destruction and lots of people would enjoy it again there is appeal for Superman unleashed.

Also Injustice is a story of Superman getting his ass beat by everyone despite supposedly being this great threat. Your understanding of why people like the story doesn’t line up with what I see others like about it. People watch it to see Batman kick Superman’s ass, that’s the hook, how is Batman going to win.
    Your understanding of the story does not line up with what I read in Injustice, I don't have horse in Batman/Superman fight, My feelings don't get hurt if Superman loses a fight. It might suck for you see Superman lose but for me it is just a story. A story where Superman was entertaining bad guy.

Come on man! I just found out about that animated show. I feel like being a Superman fan is aging me faster. Because this seems like life. Yeah there's good. But there's bad as well. Is there anything like unmixed happiness? Or even unmixed distress.

Philosophy aside, this doesn''t sound that bad. An animated film. This might sell the most. But its more towards a niche audience. If they had announced a mainstream movie, i would have rage quit DC. Plus, there's hope that they could adapt the game story. If the main guy shows up at the end, it might be ok.

BANNED

Injustice is a Batman story, he is the good one, he is the hero, the others are corupts and at any moment they can become villains. Superman is supposed to be the great villain, but he is stupid and weak, he was defeated countless times, he was still alive by sheer luck, in the games he is a little better, but the 1 ends with the good superman saying that having lived what He himself would also be bad, Batman threatens him saying that if he happens, he would stop him. Injustice is the anti-superman hostile of this century.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Injustice is a Batman story, he is the good one, he is the hero, the others are corupts and at any moment they can become villains. Superman is supposed to be the great villain, but he is stupid and weak, he was defeated countless times, he was still alive by sheer luck, in the games he is a little better, but the 1 ends with the good superman saying that having lived what He himself would also be bad, Batman threatens him saying that if he happens, he would stop him. Injustice is the anti-superman hostile of this century.
    To be fair this all goes to sh*t because of Batman being an idiot and WW manipulating everything

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I see no logic in hoping a DC product, let alone one starring Superman flops. Especially when there's no guarantee the people in charge will see it as a problem with evil Superman and not as a problem with Superman himself. And I say this as someone who doesn't like Injustice's story all that much either.

It looked nothing like a football outfit.
    I was actually talking about Flash. They gave Flash shoulder pads. What does Flash need with shoulder pads? They certainly don't make running any easier. But, to be fair, Superman's "gouge your eyes out" shoulder pads looked pretty stupid too. WW was the only character who actually got an improvement.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I was actually talking about Flash. They gave Flash shoulder pads. What does Flash need with shoulder pads? They certainly don't make running any easier. But, to be fair, Superman's "gouge your eyes out" shoulder pads looked pretty stupid too. WW was the only character who actually got an improvement.
    No, hers is **** too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, hers is **** too.
    All they did was give her pants. Considering how dumb all the others looked, she got off easy.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    All they did was give her pants. Considering how dumb all the others looked, she got off easy.
    The gold kettle bra with straps and the armored diaper over the pants are what earn it a spot on the garbage list for me.

Her IJ2 costume was far worse however.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    To be fair this all goes to sh*t because of Batman being an idiot and WW manipulating everything
    the story tries to show that superman is not the great villain, that many helped him, but it does not go deep enough to be relevant, superman goes from a man broken by pain to a psychopath, batman never breaks, when the ideal was a superman closer to Red Son or Kingdom Come, a batman who breaks and at times is the villain and superman for moments is the hero again, so in the end for the public, superman is the bad guy, the good batman.

Incredible Member

Nah, I'd rather the entertaining sad sack from Injustice to the pompous sad sack from Kingdom Come. At least the former ocassionally comes across as kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    The thousand some people who read the comics might get that, but the millions who played the game and didn't read the comics wouldn't jump to this conclusion. The game is pretty much Superman go crazy.

Well then, hopefully this movie will manage to add some of that nuance that Taylor supposedly added.

I mean I was and still am expecting Injustice 3 to get announced, and we still have Evil Superman in Suicide Squad coming lol. So there really isn’t any escaping evil Superman, it’s the new hot topic alas. But even with all that, this is still the best year he’s had in ages. Says a lot about how terrible he’s been treated sure, but WW and Aquaman are getting treated faaaar worse in my opinion.

Also Injustice will be in 2022 so this year is still great
    I'm glad you can still retain your optimism given the likely probability of a third Injustice game and a mind controlled Superman in the Suicide Squad game. It just sucks that evil Superman is now an unavoidable trope in the superhero medium nowadays. Superman is supposed to represent the ideal of always doing the right thing and striving to be better, yet in recent years the idea of an evil or dictatorial Superman attracts more attention from the general audience than the actual character of Superman.