Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice movie

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    yeah very worried about this one.. it's totally gonna be Batgod saving the universe, right? sigh
    If it's an adaptation of the first game, it's Batgod calling Superman to save the universe from Superman... and his chumps, but they don't matter. Only Batgod and Superman do.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    If it's an adaptation of the first game, it's Batgod calling Superman to save the universe from Superman... and his chumps, but they don't matter. Only Batgod and Superman do.
    Wouldn't be surprised if this gets left out, TBH.

Or perhaps more optimistically, maybe they will bring in all other good counterparts as well

I'm sure the sneak peak will have a lot more information, but it wasn't announced as a "Year One" or "Part One" at least not yet. If I had to guess, I think they are likely going to do a more fleshed out version of the first game's storyline. Maybe adapting some of the comics into like the first act, with the second and third being the game.

Not reading the whole thread, but....

I'm whelmed.

Injustice is popular, the only surprise here is that it took so long for the movie to happen. And the first game's story is basically the League fighting against the Justice Lords from the old DCAU.

So really, if they just adapt the first game's story, this isn't bad at all. The "real" League discover yet another alternate earth where versions of them went wrong, and Clark kicks his alt's ass. By Super standards, it's actually a pretty basic bitch storyline. Not anything I'm gonna watch, but I don't feel like it's a total slap in the face either given the other stuff we have coming, like Adventures with Superman, Superman-Lobo, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

It seems weird that Kingdom Come didn't happen first, but Injustice is a well known gaming IP while KC is well known among us comic nerds and nobody else, so we shouldn't be surprised that AT&T, who we know are looking at the comics as adaptation fuel, would do this instead. And hey! KC got Clark totally wrong, but at least the first Injustice game gave us a proper version to balance out the psycho.

Basically a big ol' "whatevs" from me. I don't even care enough to feel insulted by this, I really don't think it's gonna make a ripple. Not like anyone outside of a very small target demo actually watches these things, right?
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-25-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    given the other stuff we have coming, like Adventures with Superman, Superman-Lobo, and whatever else I'm forgetting.
    What's the Superman-Lobo thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not reading the whole thread, but....

I'm whelmed.

Injustice is popular, the only surprise here is that it took so long for the movie to happen. And the first game's story is basically the League fighting against the Justice Lords from the old DCAU.

So really, if they just adapt the first game's story, this isn't bad at all. The "real" League discover yet another alternate earth where versions of them went wrong, and Clark kicks his alt's ass. By Super standards, it's actually a pretty basic bitch storyline. Not anything I'm gonna watch, but I don't feel like it's a total slap in the face either given the other stuff we have coming, like Adventures with Superman, Superman-Lobo, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

It seems weird that Kingdom Come didn't happen first, but Injustice is a well known gaming IP while KC is well known among us comic nerds and nobody else, so we shouldn't be surprised that AT&T, who we know are looking at the comics as adaptation fuel, would do this instead. And hey! KC got Clark totally wrong, but at least the first Injustice game gave us a proper version to balance out the psycho.

Basically a big ol' "whatevs" from me. I don't even care enough to feel insulted by this, I really don't think it's gonna make a ripple. Not like anyone outside of a very small target demo actually watches these things, right?
    There’s a lot of annoying weebs on Twitter who make Injustice their life. It’s all they know and talk about. That IGN tweet about the movie coming also got a ton of attention. Will a lot of people buy it? I don’t know, Mortal Kombat got an animated movie and it didn’t really seem to light up the charts.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Does it matter even if, like the game, this takes off and is hugely popular? Let's say people's worst fears are realized - there's no good Superman in this, Batgod kicks bad Superman's butt, it does gangbusters more than any other DTV in this line, and heck it even gets the greenlight for a sequel or two, my question is does that really affect us and Superman? It's not the only Superman content out there, it's not the defining version out there. We got Superman & Lois, we're getting My Adventures with Superman animated series, there's going to be a black Superman reboot movie, there's an animated Super-Pets movie with Krypto coming, and there's even a chance Cavill might come back to film if Dwayne Johnson gets his way. I mean, with all this, why the laser focus hate and attention on a videogame about an evil superman getting a DTV movie? Did somebody take the game disc and use it to cut all the wires in your house or beat your dog with the hardbound copy of the books?

It just seems like a lot of whining over one small thing when we're getting some other cool shit.

Don't imagine it'd make much waves outside of the people who regularly watch the animated films and diehard Injustice fans (which is probably larger than the former crowd granted). Think the last of these animated films I recall breaking out of the usual circles and making waves was TKJ and that was as much for the additions they made with Barbara than it just being the TKJ finally getting adapted.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What's the Superman-Lobo thing?
    There is gonna be a comic with the boyscout and the main man...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

well at least Batman will look good
    The J-man

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Yeah! he would be bland,gary stu,boyscoutish good guy..How awesome!!!just what batman stands for!!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm still going to wait and see from the sneak peek...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    No, Bruce's Injustice costume sucks also.

Incredible Member

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234985568/

DC’s ‘Injustice’ Sets Cast for Animated Movie (Exclusive)

The feature is based on the popular 'Gods Among Us' game as well as Tom Taylor's 'Gods Among Us: Year One' comic.

The film falls under the DC Animated Movie banner and is inspired by Netherrealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us video game and the best selling DC comic book series Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One from writer Tom Taylor. The story takes place in on an alternate Earth in which the Joker has tricked Superman into killing Lois Lane, sending the hero on a rampage. This unnhinged Superman decides to take control of Earth for its own good, leading Batman and his allies to attempt to stop him.

Injustice: Gods Among Us launched as both a mobile game and on gaming consoles in 2013, with the game pitting members of the DC universe against one another in death matches reminiscent of Mortal Kombat, also produced by Netherrealm Studios. The game series became so popular that DC launched multiple comics exploring the story.

The upcoming Injustice animated film voice stars Justin Hartley as Superman, Anson Mount as Batman, Laura Bailey as Lois Lane and Rama Kushna, Zach Callison as Damian and Jimmy Olsen, Brian T. Delaney as Green Lantern, Brandon Michael Hall as Cyborg, Edwin Hodge as Mr. Terrific and Killer Croc, Oliver Hudson as Plastic Man, Gillian Jacobs as Harley Quinn, Yuri Lowenthal as Mirror Master, Flash and Shazam, Derek Phillips as Nightwing and Aquaman, Kevin Pollak as Joker and Jonathan Kent, Anika Noni Rose as Catwoman, Reid Scott as Green Arrow and Victor Zsasz, Faran Tahir as Ra’s al Ghul, Fred Tatasciore as Captain Atom, Janet Varney as Wonder Woman, and Andrew Morgado as Mirror Master Soldier.

Rick Morales, known for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, is producing. Justice League Dark‘s Matt Peters is directing from a script by Batman: Hush scribe Ernie Altbacker. Also producing is Jim Krieg, with Sam Register executive producing.

Injustice is expected to debut on home entertainment this fall.

Do I want this?
    34mvav.jpg
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El