I couldn't very well demand (I would have said politely request) a thread on this without being willing to do it myself so here goes.

We all know the Fantastic Four and the main characters. Many of us are aware of Mark Russell's work with numerous relevant and socially aware stories, mostly for the Distinguished Competition. Mix well and read for six issues.

I liked it, but the quick pace of a few pages here and there reminded me more of a clip show rather than an actual story. But how could a single 30 page story truly cover an entire decade? The main FF seem very well covered in terms of personality. But the main difference is in how Ben gets involved. Instead of he and Reed being old college roomies, Johnny knows Ben somehow and knows he's drinking heavily. Granted, it fits into Ben's character, but somehow using him to make a fourth attempt into space after three massive failures seems off for an official US project.

Very few actual stories are referenced but the biggest difference between this and actual Marvel events is that here Reed and Sue met the Beatles as well. I suspect that from this point on, I suspect contact with actual published stories will become more and more Easter Eggy as characters age. Franklin's hitting double digits next issue.

The last panel was incredibly fitting, though. Nice way to finish the sixties.