Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like in JLU you could see where she was coming from and she still had a bit of a soft side, and she came through in the end, which you don't really get anymore.
    I get your point in the JLU episode The Doomsday Sanction she was livid when Eiling ordered a Kryptonite Warhead to destroy San Baquero. In the DCEU and many other current iterations she'd order the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I get your point in the JLU episode The Doomsday Sanction she was livid when Eiling ordered a Kryptonite Warhead to destroy San Baquero. In the DCEU and many other current iterations she'd order the attack.
    Also she would've totally been on Flag's side in TSS if she'd found out they'd experimented on kids.

Waller works best as an "ends justifies the means" character where the audience agrees with the ends, but find her means questionable. That's been her role from the beginning, which is why having her be a straight-up villain isn't as interesting. I don't think she's that far gone on this show just yet. I think she has plenty of justification for what she believes at the moment but it remains to be seen how far gone she is since Lane used to play that role of straddling the fence until he flipped.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-06-2023 at 05:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think they really justified using Deathstroke in this show, but a lot of villains and their revamps were pretty underwhelming outside, as you mentioned, Mxy and also Parasite.
    I mean, I kinda just shrugged at how they used Deathstroke, tbh. Even though this is very anime-influenced, I knew he wouldn't be super supreme master ninja or anything like that considering the general tone of the show and just how tech heavy everything is. Speaking of which, this is kinda what underwhelmed me about this show's version of Parasite. This show was already heavy on the tech villains as it were. Seeing a character whose origins came out of some sort mutation would've worked for me more.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, I kinda just shrugged at how they used Deathstroke, tbh. Even though this is very anime-influenced, I knew he wouldn't be super supreme master ninja or anything like that considering the general tone of the show and just how tech heavy everything is. Speaking of which, this is kinda what underwhelmed me about this show's version of Parasite. This show was already heavy on the tech villains as it were. Seeing a character whose origins came out of some sort mutation would've worked for me more.
    I feel like they grabbed him for iconography but couldn't really deliver on that aspect. Which is true for a lot of the shows' vilains.

To be fair they made his tech more organic in nature to where he basically was a normal version of Parasite by the end.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have binged this over the last two days.
    Overall it is enjoyable and will recommend this.

I think it moves too fast. Save that Lois discovery for ep 9 or 10.
    Dr. Ivo is now the Parasite in a suit...this is now bonded to him? Hmmmm.
    Not really digging the design of Mxy

I like the angle of Jimmy running a blog about the unusual/unknown/aliens.
    Pa Kent alive is a newer approach at this point in Clarks age. Lets explore more there.
    Zod for next season, alright.
    Good to not have rushed into Lex. Solid restraint there. I expect next season though.
    Like the running gag about calling Perry 'Chief'!!

Grade: B+
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I do think Clark and Lois fell in love a little too quickly - they just got together. Unless their impulsiveness is going to be part of the story, I kinda wish they'd taken their time a bit.

Astonishing Member

I think this is understandable at their age and hormone load. Not the grouchy, touch bitter Lois of so many versions. Two kids with a touch of lust. The problem for the show might be to keep their obvious attraction out of the bedroom. In real life, they would be like rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I do think Clark and Lois fell in love a little too quickly - they just got together. Unless their impulsiveness is going to be part of the story, I kinda wish they'd taken their time a bit.
    Yeah, they really kind of rushed through the relationship.

I mean, even from their initial Meet Cute it felt like they were like 88-90% in love already without even knowing each other well, and then over a month they're acting like they've been together or in love for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I think this is understandable at their age and hormone load. Not the grouchy, touch bitter Lois of so many versions. Two kids with a touch of lust. The problem for the show might be to keep their obvious attraction out of the bedroom. In real life, they would be like rabbits.
    Where is that? Superman Returns?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Swear to god almost every episode I was thinking "just **** already!" Like this version of Lois and Clark aren't even close to subtle about their attraction for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Swear to god almost every episode I was thinking "just **** already!" Like this version of Lois and Clark aren't even close to subtle about their attraction for each other.
    I remember some people thinking Lois had an afterglow after she came back to her apartment in the Mxy episode .

Yeah Lois and Clark did get together pretty fast but with everything going on at WB maybe the show runners weren’t so confident they would get a second or third season so they wanted to get the romance aspect in sooner.

I remember some people thinking Lois had an afterglow after she came back to her apartment in the Mxy episode .
    Nah, not before their first onscreen kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nah, not before their first onscreen kiss.
    I meant after the kiss.

I meant after the kiss.
    Did they kiss before that? I mostly remember the kiss after the kaiju Parasite fight now.