Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1909

It's funny that they keep putting her on the covers when she's barely there. I wonder if they're contractually obligated to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's funny that they keep putting her on the covers when she's barely there. I wonder if they're contractually obligated to do that.
    Wouldn’t doubt it. Much like how Taylor or Waid only include WW in their drivel because WW’s too big a name to just leave out of their “important books” despite their apathy/contempt towards the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wouldn’t doubt it. Much like how Taylor or Waid only include WW in their drivel because WW’s too big a name to just leave out of their “important books” despite their apathy/contempt towards the character.
    Wonder Woman is just a comfort tax for DC writers, for when you have to put a woman to not let your comic be a turnip field that can be denounced by readers, but don't want to write a woman too much. So, here comes the Wonder Woman tax: put her, don't write her a lot, and maybe put the villain beating the **** out of her so that batman and Superman's final victory can sound more epic. You get Batman and Superman's fandoms happy, sell a ton of comics, and then repeat. You may get the wonderfans angry, but most of them won't even care reading the **** that you'll do to the character, so just pay the comfort tax and then write the character that you truly wanted on the first place.

Except if you're a black guy (McDuffie), if you're a black guy having Wonder Woman do something interesting is totally out of the table, sucks to be you.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

For those that want to know:

spoilers:
    Amazon Earth:
    No Diana. Hippolyta and co. Apparently aren't immortal and essentially rule the world. Men are not trusted and are glorified slaves who are locked up whenever the Amazons go to war.

Amazons don't trust technology.

Diana's lasso and swords that turn into light are used to fend off the shadow demons.

They appear to fail and the world is seemingly destroyed

All the Bat fam turn up but of course Diana only has Hippolytatorepresent the WW fam
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-24-2024 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

spoilers:
    Amazon Earth:
    No Diana. Hippolyta and co. Apparently aren't immortal and essentially rule the world. Men are not trusted and are glorified slaves who are locked up whenever the Amazons go to war.

Diana's lasso and swords that turn into light are used to fend off the shadow demons.

All the Bat fam turn up but of course Diana only has Hippolytatorepresent the WW fam
    end of spoilers
    So business as usual for animated WW content. All that's missing is a lame version of Cheetah, but we'll probably get that in the next part

Cheetah is supposed to be in the third film, so we will get to see her killed by Kite Man or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Cheetah is supposed to be in the third film, so we will get to see her killed by Kite Man or something.
    Yeah, can't wait...

It really bothers me, especially with how good of a job X-Men 97 does with its female heroes and villains, but THE female superhero is still treated like fodder.

Hippolyta

Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman said Hippolyta was her adoptive mom. Is there something obvious I'm forgetting?

spoilers:
    Amazon Earth:

They appear to fail and the world is seemingly destroyed

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The male slave things is definitely unnecessary.
    end of spoilers
    Hippolyta
    This looks more Norse than Greek to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Wonder Woman said Hippolyta was her adoptive mom. Is there something obvious I'm forgetting?
    I thought I had misheard of that but yeah....it made zero sense.

I thought I had misheard of that but yeah....it made zero sense.
    Plot twist! This Wonder Woman was actually Donna all along! Or the writers never read a WW comic in their lives.

Weird distinction unless they go with the Clay Origin and the Gods just handed Hippolyta the child and that constitutes "adopting" her?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weird distinction unless they go with the Clay Origin and the Gods just handed Hippolyta the child and that constitutes "adopting" her?
    Wouldn't be surprised, SSKTJL already pretty much did that by making it Zeus that inspired her to leave Themyscira so I wouldn't be surprised for DC writers looking for a way to further de-emphasize Hippolyta and the Amazons as important to WW.

What would a 5 season/10 episode per season/50 total episodes of a WW animated series look like for you?

Should it focus on adapting WW stories or should it take liberties and create new stories?