Page 107 of 128 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1909

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Idk how I feel about it. It's not HORRIBLE but it's like they took all of her best costumes and mashed them into one.
    What if you threw Golden Age + Post-Crisis + Rebirth into a blender.

The Earth-2 version for comparison:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised they're not using the Battle Skirt look. Especially since it would differentiate her from Earth-1 Diana.

Honestly considering this seems more like a straight-up Trinity movie I'm expecting it will be more equal in terms of screentime than it would've been had this been actually about a full Justice League roster. Well, depending on the writing.

Maybe she'll fight Lobo .
    Ha! Next you’ll say Tom Taylor can write a decent WW.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-27-2023 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Ha! Next you’ll say Tom Taylor can write a decent WW.
    I know Jeremy Adams is going on your list otherwise .

I'm not a fan of the Tomorrowverse at all, wish they'd scrapped it. The voice acting is straight-up terrible (why they opt for B/C-list celebs over actual voice actors is beyond me), the animation is dull save for some cool action scenes, and it all feels really hollow and lifeless. As for the Diana design, pretty neutral but I like the nod to the more classic look - hopefully they get her characterization and power set better than they did in JSA, the lack of sword and shield are a good sign.

If nothing else I'm sure we'll get the obligatory Cool Wonder Woman Fight, even if she has absolutely nothing else to do.

I know Jeremy Adams is going on your list otherwise .
    I'm not getting my hopes up. Adams already wrote the JSA movie, which was not great.

I also have a personal bias in that he wrote those Mortal Kombat animated movies that featured an appallingly bad interpretation of Kitana.

Two strikes.

I mean it depends some are saying Gunn will scrap it but you know it's unlikely given that he said this

45451BB5-CEB1-488B-B515-5FC6E78A0C54.jpg

So a lot of the Dc animated movies will continue has always and a few will be James Gunn own thing

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Tomorrowverse at all, wish they'd scrapped it. The voice acting is straight-up terrible (why they opt for B/C-list celebs over actual voice actors is beyond me), the animation is dull save for some cool action scenes, and it all feels really hollow and lifeless. As for the Diana design, pretty neutral but I like the nod to the more classic look - hopefully they get her characterization and power set better than they did in JSA, the lack of sword and shield are a good sign.

If nothing else I'm sure we'll get the obligatory Cool Wonder Woman Fight, even if she has absolutely nothing else to do.
    I mean they've been using TV actors mixed in with regular VA's for a while now, and most of those actors already have VO experience. I don't think most of the Tomorrow-verse has had terrible voice acting but your mileage may vary there.

Setting aside the Lasso not working or her not being able to overpower Diana, I can't say anything about her characterization in the JSA film that was especially egregious or bad that I remember. It was pretty standard Wonder Woman in my opinion...which I guess isn't saying much but I thought it held up better than the DCAU or "Warrior Woman."

I like the animation. It's got good ambience, style, and comic-book-y feel...though, again, your mileage may vary .
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up. Adams already wrote the JSA movie, which was not great.

I also have a personal bias in that he wrote those Mortal Kombat animated movies that featured an appallingly bad interpretation of Kitana.

Two strikes.
    (I liked the JSA movie).

Oh, I kinda get it. From what I remember Kitana was mostly there to stand around, look pretty, make googly eyes at Liu-Kang, and lose all her fights. Although I think she beat Raiden? Not that it mattered much.

Jade didn't get much better though I thought they did pretty great by Sonya but I guess that's kind of the cliche.

What is Diana doing in a Superman movie? I guess the Tomorrowverse isn't selling all that well, so instead of proper solo movies they're making team ups. Which probably means they consider JSA to be a WW movie

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    What is Diana doing in a Superman movie? I guess the Tomorrowverse isn't selling all that well, so instead of proper solo movies they're making team ups. Which probably means they consider JSA to be a WW movie
    I feel like it's taking a Superman concept and making it into a Trinity team-up movie. I don't know if it's because non-Batman solo's don't sell, though that's probably part of why WW is in this instead of her own movie.

Think Justice League Action but more serious .

I hope Katic doesn't try for an accent again.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I feel like it's taking a Superman concept and making it into a Trinity team-up movie. I don't know if it's because non-Batman solo's don't sell, though that's probably part of why WW is in this instead of her own movie.

Think Justice League Action but more serious .

I hope Katic doesn't try for an accent again.
    Thats definitely not the case heh.

Diana's in this because they were wanted her here. They most likley looked at the concept of Warworld, being a gladiator planet ruled by Mongul and thought "Okay this definitely looks like a story that we can have our 3 biggest heroes in"

Nothing more, nothing less. As I recall hearing this started in production around concurrently alongside Phillip Kennedy Johnson's Warworld Saga so its not that an adaptation of that specific story, just a general adaptation of the concept that was originally introduced in the 1980 story Len Wein and Jim Starlin.

Amusingly that story featured Supergirl, Spectre, and Martin Manhunter guest-starring, which is probably why Manhunter is in this one.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-27-2023 at 11:28 PM.

Mighty Member

I can see Superman getting the final hit in but the way they're structuring it I'm expecting it'll take all three of them to fight him.
    That is the same verse by the same writer, in which Wonder Woman jobbed to Aquaman twice, who in turn jobbed to Steve Trevor in a car, there is almost zero chance that she will look good next to Superman, and we can probably be glad already if she is not completely useless and breaks her hand by just punching Mongul again.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Frankly, I would be content with just a cool fight scene at this point, that’d be a step-up from her last 20 appearances in which she jobbed. Not holding my breath though

If nothing else, at least Diana looks good, I’m digging this look a lot

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's not a Superman movie. It's not a direct adaption. It's a JL film.

When does come out again? August?

Incredible Member

I wasn't a fan of how, in JSA, her story put the focus on her regretting not having married Steve Trevor in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I wasn't a fan of how, in JSA, her story put the focus on her regretting not having married Steve Trevor in the end.
    Never got what the Golden Age influence was they said they went into the BTS/hype stuff. Outside of like she wears shorts and the hair style.

I mean, I don't worship at the alter of Marston WW like others but I didn't see much Golden Age WW on their version.