Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I know you’re being sarcastic here… but isn’t this a big deal? The first Space Jam is a pop culture touchstone and it looks like the second one may turn into one as well. I haven’t seen either, so I’m not trying to hype the films, but from what I’ve heard Diana’s appearance has an impact. If not for this do you think we’d see her on the big screen again before WW 3?
    She's on a bus in the Flash movie.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She's on a bus in the Flash movie.
    Yeah, but at that movie's current rate every other character in the DC Universe will have more of a role in that movie than the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I wasn't talking about you my man.

Maybe it's just me since I only joined the forum recently, but for the last 8 months I see a vocal minority of users who come here and all they seem to wanna talk about is how much of a victim Wonder Woman is. This in what is probably the year with most WW content ever. I'm not saying that it ruins my experience, but it does make this forum feel really bitter at times. And honestly, I don't understand that state of mind. Not only are they unable to find any pleasure in all of this content, they somehow still want to talk non stop about something they hate.
    Yep, and this applies to both WW and Superman. The Trinity overall are going to be in a great place overall in the upcoming months, yet all anyone seems to want to do is complain. People were begging for more WW books, and now we’re finally getting them: WW has a solid creative team for the first time since Rucka, Sensational & Agent of Peace just finished recently, Wonder Girl is ongoing, Donna is being used in Titans and Nightwing, Cassie is in Wonder Girl, Nubia is getting a mini, Steve Trevor is in Checkmate, Hippolyta is in JL, Historia is FINALLY releasing, this is a huge upgrade overall compared to where we were last year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep, and this applies to both WW and Superman. The Trinity overall are going to be in a great place overall in the upcoming months, yet all anyone seems to want to do is complain. People were begging for more WW books, and now we’re finally getting them: WW has a solid creative team for the first time since Rucka, Sensational & Agent of Peace just finished recently, Wonder Girl is ongoing, Donna is being used in Titans and Nightwing, Cassie is in Wonder Girl, Nubia is getting a mini, Steve Trevor is in Checkmate, Hippolyta is in JL, Historia is FINALLY releasing, this is a huge upgrade overall compared to where we were last year.
    There is no trinity though. And history proves it with the way WW is treated. Just because more content is being put out for her 80th anniversary doesn't change the fact they don't care half as much as they do for bm and sm. I see no big improvements until now. So more content is meaningless.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I wasn't talking about you my man.

Maybe it's just me since I only joined the forum recently, but for the last 8 months I see a vocal minority of users who come here and all they seem to wanna talk about is how much of a victim Wonder Woman is. This in what is probably the year with most WW content ever. I'm not saying that it ruins my experience, but it does make this forum feel really bitter at times. And honestly, I don't understand that state of mind. Not only are they unable to find any pleasure in all of this content, they somehow still want to talk non stop about something they hate.
    More content does not equal quality. They put more content now because they have to. It is the anniversary of the so called most iconic female hero. Just like they put her on jl because it is WW. She has to be there. The treatment of the characer and her lore is still in the swamp. bm and sm get new shows. She still hasn't one. The sword and shield are still here. She still doesn't perform impressive feats of power. Her cast is still lacking development. She barely interacts with the Wonder family. Cheetah poor girl still treated like fodder by many. Including patty jenkins etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    More content does not equal quality. They put more content now because they have to. It is the anniversary of the so called most iconic female hero. Just like they put her on jl because it is WW. She has to be there. The treatment of the characer and her lore is still in the swamp. bm and sm get new shows. She still hasn't one. The sword and shield are still here. She still doesn't perform impressive feats of power. Her cast is still lacking development. She barely interacts with the Wonder family. Cheetah poor girl still treated like fodder by many. Including patty jenkins etc.
    And are you going to spend 10 more months complaining about the same thing?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

And are you going to spend 10 more months complaining about the same thing?
    He can spend as many months saying whatever he wants to say. Are you trying to suppress his right to say what he thinks?

He makes many valid points about the way Wonder Woman gets treated. Now, if the powers that be could treat her with more respect, then we probably wouldn't be having this discussion!

If you think he is being redundant about his points, then simply ignore him, rather than try and bully him into silence!

In what way am I bullying him or suppressing his right to express himself?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

In what way am I bullying him or suppressing his right to express himself?
    By constantly attacking him and asking him if he will keep complaining about the way Wonder Woman is treated. That is a bully move to somehow shame him into stopping his so called 'complaining'.

You seemed to go way overboard in your defense of WW84 and saying to all what an awesome movie it was, but that movie, in my opinion is indefensible because it was so bad. Yet, you didn't see me complaining to you constantly about keeping the rhetoric down on a consensus bad movie (more people thought it was much worse than the first movie).

You seem to be doing the same with constant criticisms to mystical41. At least that seems to be what you are doing in my opinion.
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 07-20-2021 at 06:43 AM. Reason: grammar

This seems to be going in a bad direction so I'll change the subject.

This claims a WW animated series is coming: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...tm_name=iossmf

DCEUleaks isn’t the most reliable source but we can hope it’s true!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This claims a WW animated series is coming: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...tm_name=iossmf

DCEUleaks isn’t the most reliable source but we can hope it’s true!
    I saw that and my heart skipped a beat...but the source doesn't inspire confidence.

Incredible Member

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234985568/

DC’s ‘Injustice’ Sets Cast for Animated Movie (Exclusive)

The feature is based on the popular 'Gods Among Us' game as well as Tom Taylor's 'Gods Among Us: Year One' comic.

The film falls under the DC Animated Movie banner and is inspired by Netherrealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us video game and the best selling DC comic book series Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One from writer Tom Taylor. The story takes place in on an alternate Earth in which the Joker has tricked Superman into killing Lois Lane, sending the hero on a rampage. This unnhinged Superman decides to take control of Earth for its own good, leading Batman and his allies to attempt to stop him.

Injustice: Gods Among Us launched as both a mobile game and on gaming consoles in 2013, with the game pitting members of the DC universe against one another in death matches reminiscent of Mortal Kombat, also produced by Netherrealm Studios. The game series became so popular that DC launched multiple comics exploring the story.

The upcoming Injustice animated film voice stars Justin Hartley as Superman, Anson Mount as Batman, Laura Bailey as Lois Lane and Rama Kushna, Zach Callison as Damian and Jimmy Olsen, Brian T. Delaney as Green Lantern, Brandon Michael Hall as Cyborg, Edwin Hodge as Mr. Terrific and Killer Croc, Oliver Hudson as Plastic Man, Gillian Jacobs as Harley Quinn, Yuri Lowenthal as Mirror Master, Flash and Shazam, Derek Phillips as Nightwing and Aquaman, Kevin Pollak as Joker and Jonathan Kent, Anika Noni Rose as Catwoman, Reid Scott as Green Arrow and Victor Zsasz, Faran Tahir as Ra’s al Ghul, Fred Tatasciore as Captain Atom, Janet Varney as Wonder Woman, and Andrew Morgado as Mirror Master Soldier.

Rick Morales, known for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, is producing. Justice League Dark‘s Matt Peters is directing from a script by Batman: Hush scribe Ernie Altbacker. Also producing is Jim Krieg, with Sam Register executive producing.

Injustice is expected to debut on home entertainment this fall.

Meh. I am so tired of the "alternate- Earth-with-unhinged-blood-thirsty-alternate-member[s]-of-the-Trinity" plots.

And, as usual, these movies star a cavalcade of Batman and Superman-adjacent characters, and zero members of the WW supporting cast.
    Pass.