Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman in animation general discussion

With news of a Injustice: Gods Amongst animated movie being developed, Batman & Superman getting new animated shows, and to not bog down the JSA:WW2 thread with none JSA talk, thought it may be best to have a general place to discuss all of the various depictions of WW in animation or lack thereof.

Especially with Injustice being adapted...I pray that they rewrite Dianas role in the film compared to the game.

Would it matter if it's the base IJ story and the main version of Diana basically defeats her and tells off how bad Regime Diana is?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    With news of a Injustice: Gods Amongst animated movie being developed, Batman & Superman getting new animated shows, and to not bog down the JSA:WW2 thread with none JSA talk, thought it may be best to have a general place to discuss all of the various depictions of WW in animation or lack thereof.

Especially with Injustice being adapted...I pray that they rewrite Dianas role in the film compared to the game.
    Lol, as if.

Happy 80th Diana, Bats and Supes get their millionth new show and you get to be spaceman's arm candy and moral failure for rich boy to lecture to/beat up.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-23-2021 at 04:04 PM.

with the success of the new she-ra show you would think they might have plans for a WW animated show, with the right people the show could work just like that.

I'm worried the overall disappointment we will feel if she doesn't get an animated show will be so heavy it will tear a hold in space-time and a blackhole will swallow this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would it matter if it's the base IJ story and the main version of Diana basically defeats her and tells off how bad Regime Diana is?
    It’s been forever, but “good” Diana is at least an active part in the first game’s story right? That’s something at least. It’s still annoying though because she’s once again being reduced to service Batman & Superman being the main players of the story (not that I in any way enjoy Superman’s role in this).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s been forever, but “good” Diana is at least an active part in the first game’s story right? That’s something at least.
    Wait, are the main versions of the characters going to be in it like that episode of Justice League? So it will be like the game where the good JL comes in through an alternate reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s still annoying though because she’s once again being reduced to service Batman & Superman being the main players of the story (not that I in any way enjoy Superman’s role in this).
    You mean you don't want to see Superman violently murder his former collogues and friends?

The over abundance of the "evil Superman" troupe made me think this is what people want from the actual Superman. (JK)

Also can we get a movie called "Reign of the Evil Supermen" and just have it be Superman defeating all the evil knock-off's...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait, are the main versions of the characters going to be in it like that episode of Justice League? So it will be like the game where the good JL comes in through an alternate reality?

You mean you don't want to see Superman violently murder his former collogues and friends?

The over abundance of the "evil Superman" troupe made me think this is what people want from the actual Superman. (JK)

Also can we get a movie called "Reign of the Evil Supermen" and just have it be Superman defeating all the evil knock-off's...
    It depends on what they’re adapting. Frontier thinks they’re adapting the first game’s story, which mainly follows the “good” versions going over to the Injustice world. The first game is basically a lazy ripoff of Kingdom Come, Earth 2 (Morrison), and the Justice Lords. But what people want adapted is Taylor’s comics, and if THAT’S what they’re adapting then no, it’s just the evil versions.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Low key worst thing is another round of those terrible Injustice costumes.

They better be saving something for WW 80th celebration. Otherwise, this is just embarrassing.

80 years of having the biggest female heroine in the world and what do they have to show for it?
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-19-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Because of course they would follow up the announcement that we are getting a solo Superman cartoon for the first time since the 90s with the kick to the nuts that is more Injustice.

So not only do the Superman fans get deflated a bit...the Wonder Woman fans get it even worse.

WB: We will give Batman's car a show before Wonder Woman.

So far we should be getting new news on the next animated movies

I'm sitting here contemplating if I want an animated show given the current state of Diana as "warrior woman" in mainstream media.

And seriously what? Injustice is getting an adaptation? I mean I know its popular but of all things.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They better be saving something for WW 80th celebration. Otherwise, this is just embarrassing.

80 years of having the biggest female heroine in the world and what do they have to show for it?
    Of the main Leaguers, only Flash and WW have never gotten animated shows. Batman and Superman have had plenty obviously, Hal got GLTAS, and Arthur is getting that three parter (it looks godawful but still). Martian Manhunter or Cyborg are never getting solo shows since they rarely get solo series, but man is it disappointing WW and Flash didn’t get one before Harley Quinn.