Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1904

Think I'd be more likely to buy that more if the Batman schoolgirl crush didn't come up in just about every interview she does about DCAU Wondy.

I'm assuming this is coming in on a "WonderBat" twitter thread?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I agree, its not a reduction of her character. It could've been written a little better though

Well, I kind of like that she actually addressed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Then why was it the only thing you could think of when you were asked what you’d like to see in a DCAU continuation Susan? Lol nice try.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

There were other aspects to her character like her relationship with Princess Audrey and Longshadow. The problem is that the stuff relating to her actual mythology like Hippolyta, Ares, Cheetah and the Amazons were very lackluster. The one thing I thought they did well was the Steve/Diana romance by having Diana time travel to WW2 and the final moment between them.

The Batman romance is popular but there are ways you could expand on DCAU WW without even touching the romantic elements. I would love to see more WW vs Vandal Savage stories for instance.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Vandal Savage had a pretty good villain arc, one which I feel had a really satisfying ending. It would've been a bad idea to have another story with him... which means some lousy tie-in comic would probably add an unnecessary and unfulfilling chapter to his story...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Vandal Savage had a pretty good villain arc, one which I feel had a really satisfying ending. It would've been a bad idea to have another story with him... which means some lousy tie-in comic would probably add an unnecessary and unfulfilling chapter to his story...
    I think that's the tagline of every DCAU comic continuation.

Hell, the DCAU sequel comic that just came out culminated in Diana & Bruce holding hands to save the universe with their love.
    <gag>

I can appreciate Susan's sentiment, but it is very telling that the Bat-ship is the thing people remember most about Wonder Woman in Justice League/JLU. Not even just Batman being the Poochie of DC, but a testament to how poorly they handled Diana and her world.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I love Savage's arc on the show too but it should be noted that his ending was left open ended. Whatever the League did erased post apocalyptic timeline with the remorseful Savage. For all we know, in that future timeline there was still a Vandal Savage hiding and scheming in the shadows.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think that's the tagline of every DCAU comic continuation.
    That sounds about right...

Hell, the DCAU sequel comic that just came out culminated in Diana & Bruce holding hands to save the universe with their love.
    <gag>
    ...mother#*&!@...

I'm sure there are a lot of decent follow-up JLU comics, but there seem to be a lot of really stupid ideas, like the Justice Lord follow-up and Barbara Gordon's pregnancy. To me, these comics are optional canon at best, completely non-canonical at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I love Savage's arc on the show too but it should be noted that his ending was left open ended. Whatever the League did erased post apocalyptic timeline with the remorseful Savage. For all we know, in that future timeline there was still a Vandal Savage hiding and scheming in the shadows.
    That's a fair comment. I suppose they could've had a story about beating him once and for all in "present day," but I have a hard time imagining it'd be as enjoyable to watch a fourth Savage story, which is kind of a lot of appearances for one villain. And really, the ultimate win a hero can have over a villain is reform, at least IMO. I guess the fourth battle could've been a philsophical and physical victory, though.

<gag>

I can appreciate Susan's sentiment, but it is very telling that the Bat-ship is the thing people remember most about Wonder Woman in Justice League/JLU. Not even just Batman being the Poochie of DC, but a testament to how poorly they handled Diana and her world.
    And this is the same comic that focuses an entire issue on teasing a Wonder Woman/Darksied relationship...

Do they really think the most interesting this about Wonder Woman is who they can get her to kiss?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member

For whatever reason they really only decided to use Steve Trevor in those two episodes where by the end of the second, he went the way of post-Crisis Steve.

*gag*
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    For whatever reason they really only decided to use Steve Trevor in those two episodes where by the end of the second, he went the way of post-Crisis Steve.

*gag*
    Eh, much as I dislike the majority of WW things in the DCAU that was actually done rather well for the whole two episodes he was in.

It honestly makes me more disappointed with the rest of DCAU Wondy because when they actually put some effort in, they could do good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Eh, much as I dislike the majority of WW things in the DCAU that was actually done rather well for the whole two episodes he was in.

It honestly makes me more disappointed with the rest of DCAU Wondy because when they actually put some effort in, they could do good.
    They could've really avoided the whole Batman-thing had they decided not to go the whole Old Man Trevor route, though.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.