Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, a lot of Superman fans had just as many complaints about his depiction on the show, too.
    I'm sure they did. Are you going to tell them there complaints are invalid as well?

Ha! I know you aren't new here, Frontier, but I would definitely ask a poster I wasn't familiar with "are you new here?" this question had they posted it. LOL
    Honest question, why do you bother with these conversations when you clearly don't like them?

"not everything is feats contest" or some variation is kind of a disingenuous argument when discussing an action focused story where the male characters tend to be awarded feats more than female ones do.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    With how much we all debate when and why Diana should use a sword or not, I find it funny one of the few instances where a sword would actually be necessary and come in handy...the bockety piece of crap shatters. Thanks for nothing.

You know, there actually should be stories/scenes built around the idea Diana relying on a sword and shield hinders her more than helps her. Like a fight sequence where the villain easily cuts the shield in half or breaks the sword, but the bracelets and Lasso withstand the attacks no problem.
    In fairness, we've seen the lasso break, be evaded or be rendered useless how many times now? It isn't like her standard equipment hasn't also been nerfed or weakened for convenience. If Diana were just using her lasso in that movie, it would either be ignored or broken like what Bizarro did to it in Trinity. The sword isn't the cause of Diana's issues, it's usage in certain moments is more a symptom.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-30-2022 at 02:19 AM.