Page 83 of 126 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1887

Watched the Super-Sons trailer and noticed no sign of Wonder Woman herself. She isn't even listed on any voice cast that I've found. Is it too much to hope she'll be left out entirely without even a mention?
    Otherwise it's yet another example of Diana getting enslaved and the Lasso being of no help.

Seriously though...
    "The Justice League has been defeated/enslaved/killed! Can [insert protagonist here] save the day without them?"

Dark Crisis, League of Super-Pets, Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League, half of Young Justice, this, a damn Six Flags roller coaster...

Is this literally the only plot DC can do anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Why do we keep saying this? It's patently false with respect to the animated movie. Unless I am remembering the movie wrong, he goes into a state of hibernation to get his energy back. He was never dead, but Doomsday is.
    I mean, the effect is still basically the same in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Watched the Super-Sons trailer and noticed no sign of Wonder Woman herself. She isn't even listed on any voice cast that I've found. Is it too much to hope she'll be left out entirely without even a mention?
    Otherwise it's yet another example of Diana getting enslaved and the Lasso being of no help.

Seriously though...
    "The Justice League has been defeated/enslaved/killed! Can [insert protagonist here] save the day without them?"

Dark Crisis, League of Super-Pets, Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League, half of Young Justice, this, a damn Six Flags roller coaster...

I wouldn't rule out a voiceless cameo but I think the heroes we see in the trailer is basically what we get.

I mean it's not going to be the first time we get a hero that does make a appearance we weren't expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't rule out a voiceless cameo but I think the heroes we see in the trailer is basically what we get.
    Good. If she's only there to get enslaved by Starro, I'd rather she not be in it at all.

Seriously though...

Yeah, not much DC media to look forward between all that and the nonsense going on with Flash.

Hopefully something on the WW game in the near-ish future.

Seriously though...

Well, if it's any consolation, it looks like in the Suicide Squad game WW's gonna be the one superhero who's not mind-controlled (really the only way to explain how the Suicide Squad could possibly take out Superman...). But agree that the "save the JL" plot is nearly as stale/overdone as evil Supes.

But yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to SS:KTJL and WW's solo game much more than I am any DCEU/DCAU stuff at the moment. Though based on rumors spreading around I'm actually pretty hopeful for WW3 and maybe that'll set the stage for more good animated content.

I once joked on this very sub forum that we would get a Kyoshi movie and a new Korra show before we get a WW cartoon and Avatar Studios recently announced they're doing new animated movies one of which is heavily rumored to be set in Kyoshi's time and the other set in Korra's time. Trolololololol WB just stays eating dust.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I once joked on this very sub forum that we would get a Kyoshi movie and a new Korra show before we get a WW cartoon and Avatar Studios recently announced they're doing new animated movies one of which is heavily rumored to be set in Kyoshi's time and the other set in Korra's time. Trolololololol WB just stays eating dust.
    No, you see Wonder Woman shows up for 3 minutes in YJ and has Superhero Girls so WW fans need to shut up and be happy for Murder Clown Lady.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, you see Wonder Woman shows up for 3 minutes in YJ and has Superhero Girls so WW fans need to shut up and be happy for Murder Clown Lady.
    I think they have been showing teasers for season three for Harley Quinn. Three seasons! Poor old Wondy has yet to have one season.

Kite Man got his own show! It's literally beyond parody at this point.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

This probably going to be controversial, but legitimately I do not want a wonder woman animated series given the current trends on DC animation, the wonder mythos, and where Diana is in terms of her origin, powers, the amazons, etc... It actually is to me the worst time to ask for one. This is a be careful what you ask for type deal right now.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not mad about it tbh. All of WB's money and talent combined still probably couldn't make something half as good as ATLA/LOK.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    This probably going to be controversial, but legitimately I do not want a wonder woman animated series given the current trends on DC animation, the wonder mythos, and where Diana is in terms of her origin, powers, the amazons, etc... It actually is to me the worst time to ask for one. This is a be careful what you ask for type deal right now.
    I actually agree with this. I'm not really interested in an animated show that goes all in on Daddy Zeus, diminishes or demonizes the Amazons, trades in a lot of her powers for a sword/shield (seems like a lot of people think she shouldn't fly or be too strong/fast because it...threatens Superman? Or something?), and makes her violent or aloof. The only thing that would make me optimistic is a showrunner who showed genuine love for the character and/or had a really great track record with animated shows featuring strong women, e.g. ND Stevenson or Lauren Montgomery.

That said - I have high hopes for the video game, I'm actually pretty optimistic about WW3 based on the rumors, and Historia (pretty much a perfect take on her mythos thus far, IMO) is getting more hype than any WW book in years. So maybe we'll see some course correction that leads to a solid animated outing.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I'm not mad about it tbh. All of WB's money and talent combined still probably couldn't make something half as good as ATLA/LOK.

I actually agree with this. I'm not really interested in an animated show that goes all in on Daddy Zeus, diminishes or demonizes the Amazons, trades in a lot of her powers for a sword/shield (seems like a lot of people think she shouldn't fly or be too strong/fast because it...threatens Superman? Or something?), and makes her violent or aloof. The only thing that would make me optimistic is a showrunner who showed genuine love for the character and/or had a really great track record with animated shows featuring strong women, e.g. ND Stevenson or Lauren Montgomery.

That said - I have high hopes for the video game, I'm actually pretty optimistic about WW3 based on the rumors, and Historia (pretty much a perfect take on her mythos thus far, IMO) is getting more hype than any WW book in years. So maybe we'll see some course correction that leads to a solid animated outing.
    Not making her that strong or fast because of Superman is one of the main reasons but not the only one. At this point I'm indifferent with the sword and shield, it doesn't make or break a story for me. I only care about how its utilized, if it's all the time on every enemy even mortals clearly weaker than her, then its egregious and misses the whole point of Diana using lethal weaponry. If it's on immortal beings, monsters, demons, etc... all of whom are posing an enormous dangerously life-threatening attack then sure, I'm fine with it, make it justified and in character like with Medusa and I'd respect that creative decision.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Greg Rucka is writing some episodes for the upcoming Batman series. He'd be a great choice as a lead writer for a potential Wonder Woman series.